Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default smaller blades

Okay so I tried some old 59.6 plastic blades the tail is better still not great but haven't really had a chance to fly or tune it . It's been rainy and sh*tty here in Illinois. I'm hoping when my small carbon fiber tail blades get here I'll be much happier.

Is There anybody out there using stock tail blades that isn't having tail issues?
frito169 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Absolutely perfect tail on mine. Stock yellow blades, mks 95i, mini vstabi. Just had to lower gain for high hs (35% in vstabi for koby @ 85%, very sharp stopping, holds fine even at low hs (65% in vstabi for koby @ 15%). However had no opportunity yet to measure respective hs numbers...
Cheers, Daniel
shaman3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 02:27 PM   #23 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My stock blades are black, they must have made some changes!Are they still 70mm?
Steve
Stevemech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, 70mm. Actually, my kit came with two sets of tail blades, yellow and black.
The bag which contains the black ones is labeled "better tail blades", but I chose to mount the yellow ones anyway because they match nicely with the yellow windshield on the red canopy.
So far, I'm completely happy with them. To be honest, to me, both blade sets seem to be identical.
BTW, on my warp, most of the existing tail assembly slop originates from the pins of the tail pitch bridge, where the ball links to the blade grips are mounted on. The distance of their "arms" is considerable wider apart than the bridge is thick (kind of hard to explain).
That being said I think tail issues are more commonly caused by binding rather than some slop in the assembly.
Cheers, Daniel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20121129_172025.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	375707   Click image for larger version

Name:	20121201_123405.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	375709  
shaman3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #25 (permalink)

My Beam 450 tail with 62mm blades dia is 155 mm, the Warp With 62 mm is about 30mm bigger.What's the dia of the Warp with 70 mm?As I said before the tail rpm and blade dia are so overkill I would rather it was slower for less wear and tear.
Steve
Old 12-20-2012, 04:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemech View Post
My Beam 450 tail with 62mm blades dia is 155 mm, the Warp With 62 mm is about 30mm bigger.What's the dia of the Warp with 70 mm?As I said before the tail rpm and blade dia are so overkill I would rather it was slower for less wear and tear.
Steve
Yeah, I'm running Edge 60mm on the tail, and it's MORE than ample. The tail is completely locked in and the piro rate is very good, I'm sure it would be insane if I selected "Blur Piros" in the SK720 controller.
Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #27 (permalink)

Jeff do think Compass might make or sell a smaller tail drive pulley?I have
my Warp tail tamed as much as I can,I could probably go to 6 mm at the tail servo arm and still have unreal tail power with just a few degrees of movement.
Steve
Old 12-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default smaller blades

I just took a quick flight out in the snow with the smaller blades and it flies pretty darn good I cant wait to get some good quality ones, it'll be excellent.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:41 PM   #29 (permalink)

Default Tail ratios

Just for fun I've been checking the Warp/Beam/Blackangel tail ratios.
Warp:Couldnt find it in the manual , but by spining the blades I came up with 1:5 ratio of main to tail (3000x5= 15,000)
Beam:1:4.8. (3000x4.8=14400)
Blackangel(Beam clone)4.5 (3000x4.5=13,500)
Jeff Barrett has been running his at 4000 hs for a mind blowing 20,000 rpm, incredible!!That just amazing, I'm going to go watch his videos again.
Steve
Old 12-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Steve ... the Warp is 4.8:1 ratio according to the specs I have.

My headspeed at 0 pitch is 4030 but settles to about 3800-3900 in hover, but yeah, still pretty darned fast at 18-19K. Probably a good thing I went straight to the Edge 60mm tail blades. LOL!

I don't think gothicbunny ever did get around to posting my vids, though?? He took one indoors I think, and another outdoors ... it was very cold and windy that day.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #31 (permalink)

I had to switch to ceramics at those kinda of speeds on my Beam on the tail, how's the stock bearings holding up( not really fair considering how cold it is where you fly ,bad for bearings)?I think I will try and find some ceramics for the tail, not that I would fly at Jeff's hs(Id like to see those videos Jeff, must sound mean!)
Steve
Old 12-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

So far so good ... I've got 30-40 flight so far, and no signs of wear. Most of my flights have been indoors. I would think the cold would help prolong the bearing, it's the heat (friction) that causes them to break down.

The sound is actually quite quiet .... the guys (shogun71 and gothicbunny) were quite impressed with the little amount of noise it makes indoors. When I crank it to 100% throttle, it sounds down right scary - I haven't tach'd it at that high a throttle, but it's incredibly sensitive to the point where I don't feel comfortable flying it because of how fast it reacts.

I'm running 75-80% throttle presently (not governed ATM).
Old 12-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

4000 on 360's must be quite a handfull.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi_tuga View Post
4000 on 360's must be quite a handfull.
It's actually really stable at 4000 ... when i push it above that, it becomes incredibly difficult to fly without dialing in a bunch of expo. The sound at 100% throttle is terrifying ...
Old 12-20-2012, 09:52 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default tail fixed

I'm not done tweaking but the tail is much better with my old, beat up,smaller tail blades.
I cant imagine the stock blades working well. 32.5mm larger tail rotor diameter than my furion450. IF YOU'RE HAVING TAIL ISSUES THE FIRST THING TO DO IS TOSS THE STOCK BLADES FOR 62MM OR SMALLER. Ican't stress this enough. They made the tail way too powerful with th giant tail blades. Its already 12.5 mm wider than the furion450 with equal length blades.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #36 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Normally people, myself included, complain of not enough tail authority. Doesn't sound like that will be a problem with this heli.

Sent from my phone
Old 12-20-2012, 10:20 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default tail authority

No definitely no underpowered tail here its the exact opposite. I swear if they'd fit you could use 250 tail blades and be okay :0
Old 12-20-2012, 10:57 PM   #38 (permalink)

I was running the stock blades(70mm) but I'm running my servo arm at 8mm with a mks8910a.My gains are just I little lower than normal (45 from 50) but I took them off to use 62mm for more ground clearance.If you run the recommended tail servo length12mm I would think you would need real low gain.Combination of 70mm blades 4.8 ratio and 12mm servo arm ,fast servo ,would equal alot of mechanical gain.I don't think the tail servo ever has to move more than a few degrees.

Steve
Old 12-21-2012, 07:26 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using the first hole, it's between 8-9mm.
I had the same setup on my 450, on the Warp it's just enough to cover almost all the tail shaft, the slider maxes on the bearing and stops at 1.5 mm from the hub. I get alot of resolution.
Spining 64mm blades gyro gain on dx8 goes from 60-70 % depending on rpm.
The tail is ok, but i haven't been able to remove completely the random tiny moves from the gov gains.
Next week i will be spining 60 mm carbons, hope to see some improvements.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #40 (permalink)

I wonder why 12mm is recommended,on my setup I would be running only 50 percent servo travel at that length!If your running a ultra fast servo at 12mm the servo wouldn't have much torque.At 8mm I'm using 100 percent servo travel and on 8mm hole I get maximum torque and resolution.
Steve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in