Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 06:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

No I havnt tried that. Is there a way to reset the 3gx to defaults? I am willing to start from scratch as that doesn't require more money.
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3GX on Trex 250DFC - Heading Hold not working?

Yes. On the PC software
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366499574.630362.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	414202
ferebeed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2013, 06:20 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dude.

Reset the model data in the transmitter.

Its not some po dunk advice.

There's a really really high chance that is the problem.

Don't ask me why. But it works.

You could be flying perfect in an hour :-)
dwdw910 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3GX on Trex 250DFC - Heading Hold not working?

Sorry just read page 1. If you don't have the USB then yours is at default. I set my tails up in rate mode first before going into HH. Hover at about 85% throttle in rate mode. When the tail goes to the right add some trim on the radio until the tail stops. Land & then watch the linkage move when you put the trim back to 0. Now adjust the linkage rod to the same. You have to get the linkage set first in rate mode then redo the limits then start at 34% gain.
ferebeed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2013, 04:12 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, dwdw910 and ferebeed, thanks for your deligence as I have finally figured out my problem!

As it turns out, following your advice to triple check my radio settings I was watching Ronlund's videos again, I realized that after watching the setup for the 'SATELLITE ONLY' Transmitter setting video that there is a difference if you have a 6 channel or a 7+ channel radio in the radio settings. I did not catch it before.

While using satellites, if you have a 6 channel radio (ie the dx6i) you will set the gyro to the gear channel on the Tx and if you have a 7+ channel radio (I have a dx7s) you will set the gyro to the Aux2 channel on the Tx as the gear channel is designated for the governer.

Of course I had the gyro set to the gear channel and after setting it to the aux2 channel it works now. It is 30+ mph wind so further testing is soon to come. As for the BEC, I did notice my Sat blinking occasionally as I was testing it, so it may have been a future problem that got solved.

I am still confused on how the light still turned from green to red indicating rate to HH as I switched it back and forth between rate modes...
Old 04-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am new to Spektrum as I am a Futaba fan but the eflite BNF Heli's and the AR7200BX tempted me to spektrum. Also this is my first 3GX and as it turned out, it was a setting issue, (you didn't see that one coming).

Again thanks to you folks here I am flying! Well waiting for good weather with the capability of flying...
Old 04-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by krauley View Post
im not familiar with the dx7 but on a dx8 with just sats running on a 3gx you have to have the gyro on the aux2 channel. not on the gear channel like you usually setup the gyro. if your dx7 is the same check out to make sure you are on the right channel or the gyro will act just as your describing.
post #8

PL6 w/Bump Controller-24v PS DX8 gen2
krauley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

You called it, Funny, after I reallized the issue something told me I heard something to that affect very recently!!! Post 8, there it was.

I guess that I got sidetracked by the light switch from red to green when I switch from rate to HH mode giving me the illusion that it was working. I still can't explain that.

Should have explored that further but hind sight is 50/50!

Thanks for that anyways.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just glad you have it sorted out ephilang2

PL6 w/Bump Controller-24v PS DX8 gen2
krauley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2014, 10:26 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Frustrated big time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ephilang2 View Post
You called it, Funny, after I reallized the issue something told me I heard something to that affect very recently!!! Post 8, there it was.

I guess that I got sidetracked by the light switch from red to green when I switch from rate to HH mode giving me the illusion that it was working. I still can't explain that.

Should have explored that further but hind sight is 50/50!

Thanks for that anyways.

Well, I suppose I may have to buy that dx 8 or 8 I've been looking at for a long time. This whole thing does not make sense to me though. I am having a double problem with 3gx. First, my gyro IS compensating for tail movements, but, not correctly. It's very strange. The tail wanders slowly CCW. If I move the tail by hand it moves the tail pitch in the right direction, just not enough. I also have a bad tail wag problem once I spool up fast enough to become light.

I have a dx6i and one satellite and I too can not explain why I can change the status light on the 3gx from HH to Rate mode. If going from about 51 to 52 percent will change the light, how can 3gx not be reading it?

I'm really perplexed. If my gyro is too high the tail shouldn't be wandering. (We're talking on the ground here. It hasn't even been in the air yet.) But if it's too low than why am getting the bad wag? So far it doesn't matter where I set the 3GX tail delay or any other tail settings. I've changed three I believe from low to high with NO change in tail drift at low speed and wag at almost lift off.

What the hell?
justwannahavefun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in