Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2014, 03:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default frames

Which frames do users like best, the micro heli or lynx, or xtreme? I'm getting tired of fixing broken canopy posts.
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2014, 05:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've got an Xtreme carbon fiber frame and Im 80% pleased with it. It had some minor manufacturing issues-like pilot holes for some of the screws were partially closed over with excess material, the tail boom section didn't line up quite right, and it seats the 3-1 board a bit further forward than the stock frame and with the addition of the brushless board I am unable to fit a stock canopy on the frame without cutting it. I have been planning on putting a bigger motor in it though and it does offer several bolting options on the frame which is nice.
Tattoonick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2014, 09:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I"m in your boat. I just broke a second post today and transferred everything over to a spare frame. Next time I get something better.

Took me a while and I found out that I had stripped a servo gear on the pitch servo.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

try out the pin fixer gizmo. It looks really promising
http://12amtools.com/
Blade CX2 stock, & DX8, +some quads + small fixed wings
Guapo131 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2014, 12:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo131 View Post
try out the pin fixer gizmo. It looks really promising
http://12amtools.com/
Not only promising. It works great!
Old 08-30-2014, 09:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

aftermarket frames will turn your heli into a pig, the best way to get by far the best performance and the best crash recovery is to keep it as light as possible, this goes for almost every rc plane or heli out there, the lighter they are the better they perform, and with these micro's even one gram makes a huge difference...heavier birds fall to the ground faster and hit walls with much greater impacts...newtons second law, force = mass X accelleration, if you increase the mass by 25-50% by adding metal frames and solid, shrink tubed tail booms, or huge mcx landing gear, you are doubling the force your bird will feel on impact, whether with the ground or a wall or tree, meaning parts that don't normally break on stock birds will start to fail on your heavy pig bird, bending the arms of aluminum blade grips and swash plates is not uncommon, as well as bent main shafts and especially the dreaded defective main board failures that apparently all of the nano's have...these types of breaks barely happen with a stock bird, which is about as light as you can get them, though i do recommend an aftermarket brushless kit, as they can increase power without raising the weight, dramatically improving stability and performance...

don't fall for the aftermarket aluminum trap, blade puts out crappy plastic heli after plastic crappy heli, and then people spent ridiculous amounts of money on aftermarket parts trying to turn it into something with value, but instead get a very expensive 3d heli that flies more like a scale bird...you should have seen my blade 400 back in the day...with this heli the only thing worth getting is the swashplate in aluminum...

i currently own 3 nano's, and when running they are almost stock weight but brushless and supremely fun to fly, i NEVER break a part and mine fly as well as any ive seen online, id even guess that my super lightweight mild helis are quicker and more responsive than most "wild" setups featuring an aluminum frame...the downside is all 3 of my heli's are down for main board repair, and ive dealt with this bs issue 3 times in the past...as much as i love flying them, the chip is fundamentally flawed and the heli should never have been sold in this condition, as soon as i can afford too i'll be fixing all three and selling them along with all my parts and batteries for one single trex 150, a far superior heli at the same basic size with parts costing a fraction of what blade charges...

cut your canopy pins at mid length, then use shrink tube to reattach them, this will give them flex, they will never break off again, and doesn't add weight, it's also better for your canopy. ive been using this mod for over 5 years on my various micro heli's, i am still using all of my original frames on all 3 of my nano's, and ive put hundreds of flights on each...
sethf8403 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2014, 04:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

to seth f8403 where do you send boars for repair? I'v got a couple broken boards myself.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I thought about the Trex 150 but I read some people say it's too powerful for indoor flying, or basement flying where the Nano is more supreme in that type of environment.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's better to make a relief cut in your pins rather than to completely sever them, then heat shrink them. I've never used it but I hear it told that the pin fixer gizmo, as has been stated, is a better solution.

Either way, you're better off just reinforcing your pins or using the pin fixer than going aftermarket. The aftermarket frames demand brushless power to make them feasible.

I heatshrinked my pins and never broke one again....simple and effective fix.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varc View Post
I thought about the Trex 150 but I read some people say it's too powerful for indoor flying, or basement flying where the Nano is more supreme in that type of environment.
That depends on how big of an area. A normal living room probably not. A barn or something with space yeah probably with skill.

I have been flying mine for a bit and have ohh probably 30 or so flights on mine. It took me a bit of time to not pucker up. I still can't do flips and such really tight though.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by turko View Post
to seth f8403 where do you send boars for repair? I'v got a couple broken boards myself.
Send them to megasmicros.com. He charges $25 a board and he can fix just about anything short of the board being broken in half.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in