Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography

Aerial Videography and Photography Aerial Video/Photo from R/C Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exclamation HELP! GAUI VISION GV-100 GROUND STATION

Ok, so I just bought the complete "plug and play" Gaui Vision setup. It looks great, but having a minor issue. I have the Nikon D3200 DSLR that came with the A/V OUT cord (micro HDMI into yellow and white prongs). The Gaui Tx has a yellow, white, black and red (instructions say the red wire isn't used on digital cameras) wires that are small and bare. I tried cutting the "prong" ends off the micro HDMI cable and soldering the white and yellow together, hooking up my 3s battery source, turning on the system and its a blackout, going from "no signal" to a salt/pepper screen to a black screen. HOW DO I INSTALL THE TX TO MY DIGITAL CAMERA ?! Helidirect doesn't know, empirerc doesn't know, and photoship one is impossible to get ahold of... Please help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GV-100.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	430947   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	430948   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 5.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	430949  
USHeloPilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

For mini or macro hdmi out (video)you'll need an hdmi to av converter about $30. Do you have an av out on your camera? If so you can use that for stills and a ghetto FPV. I have the same system and still need to buy the converter. There is a thread close to this one about your issue, with links to sellers.
Turn your rear skid support around for a wider base.

I could have some details missed but when I too tried to get video I got the snow screen. Not so with fpv or still photography
Goldenhour is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks! I've setup other fpv systems with a mix/match Rx and Tx system, much easier with a gopro as far as connections, etc. Hopefully the micro hdmi to AV converter works, but I still have one more issue... The Tx gets UNTOUCHABLY HOT after only 1 min after powering up. I've soldered a deans connector to the red/black power supply (24g wires, very tiny). Do you think that is where I'm getting the over heating from?
Old 06-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I put the Tx 2/3 of the way down the underside of the TT for max air flow. It DOES get hot but its putting out 1/2 watt.
Never had it fail in about 30 flights.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have a few questions for you USHeloPilot. I checked out your website and was curious about a few things. You advertise that you can go from ground level up to 1000 feet. Have you flown that high before? If so are you using an Auto pilot system like the Ace One? becasue at 1000 feet your heli is a spek. Not to mention minimum ceiling for conventional aircraft is some where around 500feet depending on location. So flying that high puts full size aircraft at risk. You might want to read the FAA Law on hobby aircraft and how high they can fly.

You say your spinning 790mm blades at 2500rpm? Im not to sure how that can be right.
Also you say you have a 3 AXIS gimbal, however the photos of your heli shows a 2 AXIS gimbal. And that you have gyro stailization on 3 axis. You mention that your camera ships are equipped to GPS and Return home feature? Again the photos of you 600 show a Align 3G system on it. Now maybe this has changed since you made your site.

Im sorry if this make people upset that im addressing this, but it seems to me your misrepresenting yourself. The FAA is out to stop our businesses from running until regulations are in place. In the mean time we need to be as safe and professional as possible. But im sorry your site brings a negative light to those of us trying to do it right.

last thing: How are you charging 460/hr for video when you have no example footage or reels to show your work?

Just so you know I was contacted by the FAA. and some of the other cases out there that he told me about blew me away. Guys flying FPV up to 70,000 feet. Another guy who was new to flying, lost site of his multirotor using FPV, and when the craft finally crashed, it was in the middle of a runway at a local Airport.

Please be legit. Do it right the first time.

You can PM me if you'd like im always open for discussion.

Aaron
Old 06-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 06-26-2013, 10:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Impossible to get a hold of? Please edit that. I spent a good deal of time with you on the phone yesterday and offered up a wealth of information and solved your issues even though you didnt buy the Gaui Vision system from us.

Please be fair with your postings.

PhotoShip One is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2013, 07:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoShip One View Post
Impossible to get a hold of? Please edit that. I spent a good deal of time with you on the phone yesterday and offered up a wealth of information and solved your issues even though you didnt buy the Gaui Vision system from us.

True that. Photoship one has done for me in the past that, seriously, only a family member would have done for me. I wish the world had more people in it like the owner of Photoship one.
If you want to do some good for America and the world support Photoship One.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default HELP! GAUI VISION GV-100 GROUND STATION

Plus one
Photoshipone has a great customer service and Dj is always there
Sometimes I get embarrassed from calling him so much and ask him about stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hareedy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2013, 02:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoShip One View Post

Wow. Hat off to you PS1. I can't believe he would post that you are impossible to reach yet you did support for a product he didn't buy from you..

Some people just don't get it I guess.
Thalios is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2013, 12:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I personally spent over 30 minutes on the phone with this guy the day he posted this thread. He did NOT buy the system from us, but I knew exactly the problem he was having and explained to him in detail how to correct it. I even offered to help him warranty the Gaui Vision unit even though we have no obligation to do so.

And here we are a week later and the guy can't even find the time to edit his post which puts us in a negative light.

To the original poster... do not call us any longer about your problems, and please even though you claimed you would be buying from us in the future, I request that you do not. I do not want your business. You can move along and buy your aerial gear from another provider.

PhotoShip One is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2013, 03:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Why would u even advertise that u can go to 1000ft...faa has a 400 max for any uav platform..oh by the way....2500 rpm headspeed on a 700 class heli is ridiculous. .for aerial...what are u doing some 3D aswell...I think you need to rethink your site.. ...oh P.S... PhotoShip one is a very reputable business...

Last edited by xxSLOANxx; 07-03-2013 at 03:43 AM.. Reason: ps 1 props
xxSLOANxx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sorry I haven't replied, I am out of town working. To Photoship One, DJ REALLY did help me A LOT, this thread was BEFORE I got ahold of him. Apparently he was out for surgery during the time and I DID spend nearly two weeks attempting contact. But when I got ahold of him he was VERY helpful. I don't even use the Gaui downlink anymore.
To those of you saying I am "misrepresenting AP", I am sorry you feel that way and I will alter the 1000' ft to whatever you see fit. Although, we do fly line of site AND fpv and DO datalog elevations nearing 1000ft vertical.
As to 2500rpm, if you read it says UP TO, not operating headspeed.
Finally, the 2XPT system IS on the 700 ship however we utilize a 3-Axis gimbal on our main ship (will post photos when I get back to FL). It is a Trex 700N, converted to electric, stretched to 800, 800mm blades, Xera 4035 400KV motor. FAA regulates notification to any/all appropriate ACT if operating with 5 miles of any commercial airspace and exceeding 500' in elevation.
Please do not bash us for I was only inquiring on a new downlink system which was foreign to me and seemed unusually warm. We are a "new" company (gathering video for our video reel). However I have piloted AND operated fpv downlinks for quite a long time for another well established AP company.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Interesting thread....

USHeloPilot, if I may offer some advice, you mentioned you would change the 1000' altitude to "whatever you like". I strongly suggest YOU find out what the laws allow and change it to what won't get YOU in trouble. You could get fined and lose your equipment, not any of us offering free advise. Transport Canada would offer a $25,000 fine for a company plus a $5,000 fine for the operator. And they take your equipment if you don't play the game by their rules. And that was over 7 years ago when I was getting started. No idea what it is now.

As for the 2500 head speed. I could care less if your heli will do that or not. Wouldn't be necessary or smart, both for safety and battery life. But the fact is that your customers wouldn't know or care what is normal head speed so why post it on your site to begin with?

Rant complete, good luck with your new business.
Gaui X7 Cameraship
SFACV is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2013, 11:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFACV View Post
Interesting thread....

USHeloPilot, if I may offer some advice, you mentioned you would change the 1000' altitude to "whatever you like". I strongly suggest YOU find out what the laws allow and change it to what won't get YOU in trouble. You could get fined and lose your equipment, not any of us offering free advise. Transport Canada would offer a $25,000 fine for a company plus a $5,000 fine for the operator. And they take your equipment if you don't play the game by their rules. And that was over 7 years ago when I was getting started. No idea what it is now.

As for the 2500 head speed. I could care less if your heli will do that or not. Wouldn't be necessary or smart, both for safety and battery life. But the fact is that your customers wouldn't know or care what is normal head speed so why post it on your site to begin with?

Rant complete, good luck with your new business.

+1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in