Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2014, 02:05 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrinque View Post
Is it your first bigger heli? If yes, find experienced pilot to check your build before flying it.

Is mechanical setup correct?

If you try it on the ground RPM can be to low for tail rotor to work correctly.

Be safe... This is really powerful, dangerous heli. It is not good idea to learn basics on such machine. I do not want to discourage you. I just care.
No I am coming up from a 600. I am just respecting the size and power and want to make sure everything is right.
ChadCarlin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have gone over all mechanical set up and electrical set up 100 times. Once it warms up a bit I will lift it up and see that everything is good I'm sure.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx024 View Post
No I am coming up from a 600. I am just respecting the size and power and want to make sure everything is right.
Cool...

Did you adjust the lenght of tail push rod? Slider is moving in full range? In Gartt GT700 DFC rear tail case was preassembled so it was impossible to put it together wrong way. I just had to check and apply some thread lock. Tail works awesome in flight.
utrinque is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2014, 09:48 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrinque View Post
Cool...

Did you adjust the lenght of tail push rod? Slider is moving in full range? In Gartt GT700 DFC rear tail case was preassembled so it was impossible to put it together wrong way. I just had to check and apply some thread lock. Tail works awesome in flight.
Yes I adjusted it. It is moving full range and end points are set correctly. My tail was preassembled as well but I did pull each screw out and loctite like you.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:00 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have also noticed that using 2 5000mah packs makes it a pain to slide the tray in. What size packs do most use in the 700 DFC? I can get them in but it is a task to get all of the plugs through as they get stuck between the packs and other obstructions.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:06 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
I have also noticed that using 2 5000mah packs makes it a pain to slide the tray in. What size packs do most use in the 700 DFC? I can get them in but it is a task to get all of the plugs through as they get stuck between the packs and other obstructions.
I am going to use relatively weak lipos 2 * 6S 4500mAh 30C.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:06 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

How do you guys handle the issue with too big holes (4,85mm) in the frames (when comparing to the socket button head colar screws that come with the kit)? The screws are 4,4mm.
In Align frames the holes in the frames are exactly 4,4mm and this issue does not exist.

And also - in Assault helis the head colar part in these screws seems to be a bit conical (it should have the same diameter [4,4mm] to perfectly fit the frame - and the frame should be 4,4mm?).

See the post below:
https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=19

and the whole thread:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=584038
emilh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2014, 08:26 AM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilh View Post
How do you guys handle the issue with too big holes (4,85mm) in the frames (when comparing to the socket button head colar screws that come with the kit)? The screws are 4,4mm.
In Align frames the holes in the frames are exactly 4,4mm and this issue does not exist.

And also - in Assault helis the head colar part in these screws seems to be a bit conical (it should have the same diameter [4,4mm] to perfectly fit the frame - and the frame should be 4,4mm?).

See the post below:

and the whole thread:
Hi Emil! Good to see you.

I use this to tighten mesh of pinion with main gear .

In general I just ignored this issue.

I was comparing video of your Align 700 v3 with my Gartt and definitely your heli sounds better.

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=36
Old 01-07-2014, 09:26 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

See the post below:

and the whole thread:

I did not have an issue with holes being too big
Old 01-07-2014, 09:27 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi utrinque.

Yeah! I like the sound of my t-rex. It is nice and it makes you want to fly this bird.

With slant gears and big modulus your Gartt will be as quiet as the t-rex. It is just gears that make the noise.

Also notice that in the t-rex the autorotation gear is slant as well, and it has modulus M1, so try replacing this gear as well if you can.

Actually a question - are slant gears (main, autorotation) to 700 helis available in HK?
emilh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2014, 09:30 AM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi utrinque Actually a question - are slant gears (main, autorotation) to 700 helis available in HK?
Nope.

Actually I hear metalic noise in Gartt movie which is absent in Align clip. I suspect some bearings are not lubricated... My fault ; ) I am so lazy...

Lubricate OWB it was dry in Gartt.

Last edited by utrinque; 01-07-2014 at 12:00 PM..
Old 01-07-2014, 07:19 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default assault

what about spares and crash parts,are these align or another model compatable
Old 01-07-2014, 08:27 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Your not kidding...Im having the same issue. Figure anything out yet maxx ?

Not sure if I should drop down to 4500mah's or something im overlooking with the 5000's

A picture is worth is 1,000 words if you would please. .

MMracecars...memory serves me correctly you bought a chaos 700v1 a few months back right ??
Dejavu*Xion is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2014, 09:11 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post

Not sure if I should drop down to 4500mah's or something im overlooking with the 5000's

MMracecars...memory serves me correctly you bought a chaos 700v1 a few months back right ??
well i only have 2 packs right now so I am just leaving the packs mounted and charging them that way. I imagine the best option is to either drop a load on 12s stick packs or use 2x4500mah packs. I like having 2 packs so I can use them separately in my 600 but I may get a 12s pack from Revolectrix, I have been using their packs in my 600 and 450 for awhile now and I really like them.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:13 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmracecars View Post
what about spares and crash parts,are these align or another model compatable
I would really like to know the same! Having a list of compatible parts would be great. I know there is someone out there that has replaced some parts with Align. I think most items are supposed to cross except the frame sides but I thought I read something about TT gears at the rear having a spacing issue. Hopefully someone can chime in here.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:21 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post

yep,got one from dreviel off the chaos lounge,was a great heli,got into goblins,but looking to get another 700
Old 01-07-2014, 09:25 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default parts

Quote:
I would really like to know the same! Having a list of compatible parts would be great. I know there is someone out there that has replaced some parts with Align. I think most items are supposed to cross except the frame sides but I thought I read something about TT gears at the rear having a spacing issue. Hopefully someone can chime in here.
I do know on the chaos v1 stuff was trex compatable ,but frames were spaced slightly further apart,the trex nitros had the wider boom blcks and such that fit,
and yes dejavu,my buddy is still flying the crap out of the chaos.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:34 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default batterys

heres what I did with mine.

Old 01-07-2014, 11:31 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
If you are trying to use zippy or turnigy they are too fat to fit inside the frame then even if you do get them to fit they will swell up after a hard flight and you wont be able to remove them till they cool down.
Gens Ace or Pulse 5000mAh packs fit with lots of room to spare and you will feel a lot more punch out of your heli.
willy000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2014, 12:36 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy000 View Post
If you are trying to use zippy or turnigy they are too fat to fit inside the frame then even if you do get them to fit they will swell up after a hard flight and you wont be able to remove them till they cool down.
Gens Ace or Pulse 5000mAh packs fit with lots of room to spare and you will feel a lot more punch out of your heli.
I have Revolectrix packs.....not worried about swelling at all. They are same price as pulse it looks like, I will have to compare measurements.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in