Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2014, 01:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Arial video with a Trex 700e

Hi, hope this is the right area for my question.

Im the search and patrol industry and use a DJI s800evo equipped with a Flir (Tau320) for thermal identification but need something to cover larger areas at greater speeds so im looking at using my Trex 700e for the task. The flir is about the size of a Gopro and need a three axis gimbal enabling secondary control (Pilot and camera man). I use a Tppacks AG400 now and would like to use it on my rex so if any of you have done this or can point me in the right direction I would appreciate the help. I know Align makes a arial gimbal system but its over priced and way to big for the equipment I use.

Thanks for you help in advance
macguyca@gmail.com is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2014, 11:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I suppose you could really work at it to increase the flight time with a 700E but you can get much longer flight times if you build a gasser conversion. Helibug and Helixheli both make conversion kits. I have my 700N DFC HB conversion set up for sport and light 3D. A 10 minute flight uses less than 1/3 tank. That is with the 290 engine. If you dropped down in engine size and optimized for low HS I imagine you could get much more flight time.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi rhodesengr

Never heard of anyone converting a e version to gas for this type of project. flight times are fine never been an issue my question was more towards a gimbal for carrying a go pro but I do appreciate you suggestions
macguyca@gmail.com is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2014, 04:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I actually have an FPV setup on my trex 800 and can go up to 12 miles out using ground station and head tracker software. I do a lot of arial footage for news, police and wildlife agencies. Just depends on how invested u want to get into it. Mine is a gasser for longer flight times. Quads are okay for little stuff but for altitude and handling and weather the larger will handle better. Obviously if yer running FLIR then u've got some invested. It's all depends on the application and flight times and weight. If u wanna go all out id do the 800 upgrade kit for the 700. Run 780mm blades with longer boom and bigger tail blades. More stable hover and control as well as more weight carrying capability. And if u want head tracking and auxiliary Ptz and motitoring control. PM me if u would like some info
Inkslinginmofo77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in