Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Heli-Max Helicopters

Heli-Max Helicopters Heli-Max Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2014, 02:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Novus N200 Swashplate removal problems

Hey, I'm trying to replace the swashplate on my heli-max Novus N200 and am having a problem removing the main shaft from the body.

My problem is I do not know exactly how to disassemble it.

I was originally thinking to remove the bearing from the bottom of the unit to get the shaft free. Either that is not correct and you have to remove the top rotor assembly piece from the main shaft, or im dealing with a frozen or stuck bearing, because I can not get either of those parts off of the shaft. I've even tried using a wrench on the bearing and its not giving way.

Is there a way to remove the top part from the main shaft so I can easily get to my swashplate? If i take the bottom bearing off, i'll still have another bearing to pull off to get to the swashplate.

any help would greatly be appreciated. Also if my bearing is frozen, whats the best way for removal?

Pictures here - http://imgur.com/3or8UPo,5eF02SF,Vya...NDJrqB,R7s9nRS

picture 1 - you can see the ball bearing missing from the shaft, which is cause of replacement

picture 2 - the frozen bearing on the underside of the body

picture 3 - the entire rotor assembly

picture 4 - The bluish-greyish rotor assembly attaching to the shaft that im questioning can be removed

picture 5 - another bearing i'd have to remove
SecretAgent_WD40-steel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2014, 06:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Got the bearing off from under the body of the copter after about 30 minutes of working with it. So i've fixed it. only the bearing broke as I was trying to put it back on so now gotta order some

Any tips on getting those bearings on/off? can I use oil? if so what kind?

after replacing the swashplate do I have to do anything as far as setup? i've seen some things about levelling and balancing your swashplate, but I don't believe I have to do anything such as this with it being FP.
SecretAgent_WD40-steel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in