Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default JHC, I HATE winter!!!!

So it starts. 3rd day of October and we expect snow down here for the nest couple days!!!

What the hell happened to summer? Probably the same thing that has happened to my mind, slowly slipped away without notice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Luckily enough it's lovely and mild here. I flew a bunch of packs here at about tea time, in just my jeans and a T-shirt. That having been said we're not a mile up like I think you are. Doubt we'll be far behind you anyway.

Hope it's not too bad for you Tom. Get that FPV gear all rigged up to work from the living room and you'll be laughing.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tom my friend you need one of this

2014 Polaris 800 Switchback Assault Review (3 min 21 sec)
Old 10-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's good, but it's not Carling good, for a start it's missing a main and tail rotor. Sure it can get into the air every now and again, but can it stay there?
Old 10-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Not bad.
I have a good friend that did several dvd's on extreme mountain climbing with souped up snowmobiles. Crazy stuff. He's an ex-seal so not all together to begin with and definitely wound too tight.
Me, well with 10 pounds of titanium for a knee, I would rather not get too cold for too long.
Always did look like a ton of fun, though.

So, it snowed. Came down in big huge flakes, like snowballs. It's all melted now of course, with more on the way tonight. Pushed Boulder creek back out of its banks, again slightly.

I don't know, might have to think about moving to Venezuela.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Damn, it's snowing! I hate this crap. By the time I get out of work tomorrow we could have up to 9 inches with a high of around 10* F!
Supposed to be that cold for around a week.

Winter sucks!!!
Old 12-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

lol, poor Tom. did you ever consider Texas or Florida?
Old 12-03-2013, 07:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ref: Tom and his LOVE for Snow

Up here in Ft. Collins I have Lots and Lots of Snow For FREE !!!!!!!, just come and get it. I will even help you load it. I- 25 coming home, North Bound, already bites the big one. And I have to leave for work at 4:30 tomorrow morning. What is a person to do ?.
Dragonsbreath is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2013, 03:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Texas! Sutty, have you ever seen Texas? Well, I have.
Florida, I'm allergic to alligators. Damn! The hexa went into the swamp! Screw it.
Arizona, nice in the winter but really, really sucks in the summer.
California, I just as soon slit my wrists.
Maybe what I could do is to pitch a tent over at Jerry's.

Well, so far the snow really hasn't developed here in Boulder. Guess I'll just have to be happy freazing my nuts off!
Old 12-04-2013, 09:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Birmingham, Alabama? Seemed nice when I went. 100 F and 100% humidity. There was literally steam coming off ordinary objects like the road and leaves, lol. Today, 67 F and 89% humidity. Mhhh, lovely.

Cheers

Sut
Old 12-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Naa, I'd have to call myself an Alabaman. Coloradoan has a much better roll off the tongue. Besides, the salt air would probably short out my hexa in flight.

Problem is, I'm a westerner by birth. Even though we all speak English, you would never know it listening to a southerner. Not as coarse as Whales, but extremely hard to follow a conversation none the less. Worse than you Brits!

Cold is all part of being from the west. The good thing about this location is that the climate is really comfortable for the most part. I don't even think we broke 100 F this last summer.
Cold you can acclimate to, ( not so much now with 10 pounds of titanium for a left knee ).
Snow, that's something else. I know that a hell of a lot of people say that's the best part and I'm definitely a minority here, but snow usually means cold and wind. If no wind is involved then look out, you're usually going to get dumped on.

Now you throw into the mix this stupid damn shift I'm on and I don't get to see the sun for 3 months!

Now Venezuela, that's a great place. Friendliest people on the planet, swear to God. Been there 3 times. Summer, winter, always around 85 degrees. Only thing wrong with it is those aren't my kind of mountains. Though the iguana's are a plus! Too cool.

No, I'm stuck here. I'll never leave Colorado. I just like to bitch about winter.

Think what I need to do is find a song bitching about winter and add it to a winter complication vid.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

sometime for you Tom , know how you like the snow , enjoy

RUFFRIDERS 9 (Full Movie) (42 min 27 sec)
Old 01-09-2014, 02:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Back to full sun and customary afternoon 22°C down here
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2014, 06:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

B!
Old 01-09-2014, 08:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

You guys really need to start being nice to the old man!!!
Old 01-10-2014, 02:05 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah! Especially if we are all going to emmigrate to Mexico and expect him to put us up when we get there
Helis: Belt-CP, Mini Titan, EXI 450, HK250-GT, HK500-GT, HK600-GT, mSR (all modified/customised). Quads: Q4, nQX, HK250, Custom built 560 Deadcat camera platform. Some planks. DX6i & DX9. And a boat & some HK surface controller thingy.
CyprusDave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2014, 04:05 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Old 02-07-2014, 08:39 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Holly Frick, it's cold!!!

7:30 in the morning and it's -9 F! We've been stuck for what seems like forever in this deep freeze! My knee just HATES this. Warming up today, but not expected to get above freezing. At least the 10 day forecast is nice. Next week it's going to be mid 50's!

Doesn't help I've been at a stand still on all my projects lately.

The Hexa, is ready to test, but I got 2 more motors coming in to replace the last 2 original motors.

The Penguin, I'm waiting on a slow boat from China to deliver a winch servo for my pan & tilt. Silly me, I ordered it on ebay, from an American company, only to discover it's coming in from China.
But, I still go some stuff to do.
Need to cut the carbon fiber back plate for the vtx.
Need to pick up some spackling. I picked up what looks like a real nice likeness of cf from UltraCoat. I'll cut out a little design and also cover the entire bottom with the UltraCoat to give the belly some protection. The spackling I will apply to the areas to cover to fill in the pores and give a good bonding surface for the UltraCoat.
Also need to paint the load hatch cover flat black to prevent glare.
By the time all this gets done the servo should arrive.

Also, been collecting damn near everything I need to start building my ground station.
in-between all the above I need to start on this.
With luck, all of this will get finished at about the same time.

Got to admit, all this crap has kept me out of the bars this winter.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:13 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah, I got a taste of it... I was in Missouri for a week and a half, and last weekend they had a 24hrs of freezing rain (drizzle really, but of a very nasty kind) . Not especially cold, as this phenomenon can happen only at around -2°C, but my rental car had a ½" of ice on it by the time it was all over:

Then last Tuesday it was about -14°C and they had a nasty snowstorm coming in from west, so I hit I70 early towards St. Louis in the hope to clear the storm and return back home to normality.

Less than 5 miles from St. Louis airport this truck released a large sheet of ice from the roof of the cargo box at about 50 mph and I saw it flying through the air straight at my windshield:

The road was black there so I swerved, but it still grazed the left mirror on the rental and smashed the plastic cover:

The truck had a hydraulic loader in the back so I couldn't get its license plate #, and I didn't feel the damage warranted calling emergency police services and chasing the guy to the stop, so I took the car back to the rental place and reported the damage. They called Toyota dealership and charged me $45 for the painted mirror cover, so I just paid it deciding not to involve the insurance company.

Back home to a standard sunny winter 22-24°C, next week I'll be in a plant in Texas, so it shouldn't be too bad winter-wise
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2014, 07:36 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh for the love of,,,,

Ok, spring storms are nothing new to Colorado. Some of our largest snow storms happen this time of year.
As we have made CNN, again, I assume you know we are in the middle of one of those again.
The problem is, spring run off has already started and now the mountains are getting hammered.
Remember me describing Boulder creek by my place last year during the flood? Well, she's got about 6 more inches left before she goes out of her bank, again.
They haven't even repaired the road here yet from the flood!

The big problem though, is the ruptured fiber mass behind my damn knee! Holly crap!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in