Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support > Bantam

Bantam Bantam e-Station Charger Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 07:25 AM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagejair View Post
Hi. My name is Jerry. I am looking into one of the Bantam chargers bc6/bc610.

My Question is this: Is there a safe way to use the charger on 110v. Or how come they don't make many to work at home?
Please read the specifications on the chargers.

The e-Station BC-6 is a AC/DC charger, built in 110-220 50/60hz power supply.

The BC6-10 is a DC only charger. To run of AC, a AC/DC power supply of 23 amps or more is required such as this one.
RC Accessory is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2008, 10:17 PM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just purchased a BC6-10 from RC Accessory. It's a great charger!! I've charged several of my batteries with it so far.
My question is: I will be buying a Thunder Power 3300-6SX. I plan on charging at 1C. Is a 15 Amp power supply enough to charge that battery at 1C?? I know a charge rate of 2C may be a bit too much for the 15 Amp ower supply. Is there some simple math to figure this out? I am familiar with with Ohms law and I'm coming up with about 9 amps. Is that close?? I must admit I am not an electricity genious(or a spellng pro) and I am a little confused. Any help would be appreciated. I do like your 30 Amp power supply but I'd like to hold of on that for now unless I absolutley need it.
Thanks!!!
LindsayLou is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2008, 10:22 PM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayLou View Post
I just purchased a BC6-10 from RC Accessory. It's a great charger!! I've charged several of my batteries with it so far.
My question is: I will be buying a Thunder Power 3300-6SX. I plan on charging at 1C. Is a 15 Amp power supply enough to charge that battery at 1C?? I know a charge rate of 2C may be a bit too much for the 15 Amp ower supply. Is there some simple math to figure this out? I am familiar with with Ohms law and I'm coming up with about 9 amps. Is that close?? I must admit I am not an electricity genious(or a spellng pro) and I am a little confused. Any help would be appreciated. I do like your 30 Amp power supply but I'd like to hold of on that for now unless I absolutley need it.
Thanks!!!
I'm not sure of the amps needed myself, my guess it would be ok, but I am not 100% sure. The reason I don't have the 20 amp version is that is was only about $10 less. For the $10 getting an additional 10 amps was worth it. Also with 30 amps, you can drive 2 or more chargers.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:17 PM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

I have the BC-6 and been using it to charge my 3 packs and 6 packs for a while now. Earlier today, I'm balance charging one of my 6 packs and noticed the charger was very warm. I temped it and it was 111F. So I stopped the charging thinking there was something wrong. I let the charger cool down and then resumed the charging. After several minutes into charging, the charger got hot again but the battery stays cool and everything seems to be ok. I don't remember or noticed the charger getting this hot before but is that normal? I'm charging at a rate of 2.3A into EvoLite 5350 6S.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:59 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROne21 View Post
Hi,

I have the BC-6 and been using it to charge my 3 packs and 6 packs for a while now. Earlier today, I'm balance charging one of my 6 packs and noticed the charger was very warm. I temped it and it was 111F. So I stopped the charging thinking there was something wrong. I let the charger cool down and then resumed the charging. After several minutes into charging, the charger got hot again but the battery stays cool and everything seems to be ok. I don't remember or noticed the charger getting this hot before but is that normal? I'm charging at a rate of 2.3A into EvoLite 5350 6S.
Yes it is normal. The BC-6 does not have a fan and the exterior case is used to dissapate heat generated. The main board has 2 connections to the case to transfer the heat.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:24 AM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a BC6-10 and am having trouble saving data and loading data for charging. Another question is once the lipo data is saved and then loaded can it be used in balance mode. A simple step by step procedure would be very helpfull. Thank You Walter
Chaos600e BeastX Trex450seV2 ZYX
Yogi1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2008, 08:05 AM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi1 View Post
I have a BC6-10 and am having trouble saving data and loading data for charging. Another question is once the lipo data is saved and then loaded can it be used in balance mode. A simple step by step procedure would be very helpfull. Thank You Walter
Scroll to SAVE DATA and press ENTER.
SELECT your memory location and enter the battery parameters. THIS IS A LABEL ONLY, not the battery parameters itself. This is noted in the manual.

Now you see and * in the right corner, on this screen set program, the charge or discharge parameters, cells, ect, ENTER and hold for more the 3 seconds.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf save.pdf (39.2 KB, 182 views)
Old 09-18-2008, 06:20 AM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking

Thank You, I was able set and enter the programs now after realizing I had to set the parameters for each mode of charging by pressing INC balance,fast,storage ect. Yogi
Chaos600e BeastX Trex450seV2 ZYX
Yogi1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2008, 03:09 PM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry, Wrong Forum!
jimheliboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 08:07 PM   #110 (permalink)

MY CHARGER JUST BLEW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok i was just charging my thunder power extreme V2 lipo, with the balancer on my car battery, and i heard a POP, like really loud. I run over, hoping my lipo didn't just explode and on fire in my garage but only to see my chrger turned off and one of the wires came off the car battery, hook it back up and nothing.... I pulled the charger apart and on the top there was a nice black spot and there was a little black piece that was chipped off.... Can i send it to you guys and you fix it, or do i now have myself a $130 paper weight? I have charged my batterys many times this way but I dont know why it did it this time.... Can any one help a poor guy out?? Thanks.
madmax22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2008, 08:26 AM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax22 View Post
MY CHARGER JUST BLEW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok i was just charging my thunder power extreme V2 lipo, with the balancer on my car battery, and i heard a POP, like really loud. I run over, hoping my lipo didn't just explode and on fire in my garage but only to see my chrger turned off and one of the wires came off the car battery, hook it back up and nothing.... I pulled the charger apart and on the top there was a nice black spot and there was a little black piece that was chipped off.... Can i send it to you guys and you fix it, or do i now have myself a $130 paper weight? I have charged my batterys many times this way but I dont know why it did it this time.... Can any one help a poor guy out?? Thanks.
Sounds like the clamp came off the battery and touched part of the car and shorted out the charger. When power is removed from the charger, the chargers electronics are still powered until the power dissapates.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:58 AM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

any chance i can get some help on my thread
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=97411

thak you
JEEPWORLD2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2008, 08:29 PM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quick question regarding NiCd batteries and the BC6-10.

When using the Cycle program (DCHG->CHG), do I have to set the low-voltage stop point or is this sensed automatically? If so, how is this set for Cycle?

This is not quite clear in the instructions.

Thanks.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:52 AM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWindupBird View Post
Quick question regarding NiCd batteries and the BC6-10.

When using the Cycle program (DCHG->CHG), do I have to set the low-voltage stop point or is this sensed automatically? If so, how is this set for Cycle?

This is not quite clear in the instructions.

Thanks.
You need to set the charge and discharge screens including the LV cut off in the discharge screen. Set the LV cut off at .8v per cell.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:46 PM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello, Im looking for some help with my bantam b5 charger. Here what Im having trouble with:

I first tried to charge my thunder power V2 battery and a low voltage in battery warning came up. So, not being able to get around that with the charger, I pluged the battery into one of my cheap chargers to get the voltage up. After I did that, I put it into the B5 where it charged for around an hour and a half. It showed 12.6 volts but wasnt completely balanced. Around an hour and a half I got a low battery voltage warning and it shut off. Since then I havent been able to get the charger to work. It will charge from between 10 seconds to 5 mintues before the warning comes up. I have 5 other batteries and they all do this now. Is my charger busted or am I simply missing something? Thanks for the help!
Dufault is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2008, 08:27 PM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dufault View Post
Hello, Im looking for some help with my bantam b5 charger. Here what Im having trouble with:

I first tried to charge my thunder power V2 battery and a low voltage in battery warning came up. So, not being able to get around that with the charger, I pluged the battery into one of my cheap chargers to get the voltage up. After I did that, I put it into the B5 where it charged for around an hour and a half. It showed 12.6 volts but wasnt completely balanced. Around an hour and a half I got a low battery voltage warning and it shut off. Since then I havent been able to get the charger to work. It will charge from between 10 seconds to 5 mintues before the warning comes up. I have 5 other batteries and they all do this now. Is my charger busted or am I simply missing something? Thanks for the help!
Can you be specific with the error the charger gave you? Just to be sure, which model do you have? Bantam made a BC-5, not a B5.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:11 PM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello, yes it is the BC-5 charger that I have, I just have 3s lipos so I didnt go for the BC6. The exact error I get is that it is saying there is a Battery LOW voltage error (it beeps when this happens). And like I said before its intermitent when it happens. For some batteries it happens immediately, and for others it will charge/balance for a few minutes then cut out. Thanks for the quick response.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:29 AM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hello, yes it is the BC-5 charger that I have, I just have 3s lipos so I didnt go for the BC6. The exact error I get is that it is saying there is a Battery LOW voltage error (it beeps when this happens). And like I said before its intermitent when it happens. For some batteries it happens immediately, and for others it will charge/balance for a few minutes then cut out. Thanks for the quick response.
Do you have DVM? Check each cell on the battery to make sure they are over 3.0V and under 4.2V. What charge modes are you using? If happening in balance charge mode, try just charging the pack. Do not connect the balance connection board when your do a normal charge, just to make sure that is not the problem.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:04 PM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello, I tried to charge the batteries in just straight lipo mode and it had no troubles. One thing I did notice is that although I programed it to charge at 2.0a, it showed it was charging at 1.1a, but the battery was almost at full charge. When it was finished it beeped full charge. Now, when I take the same battery and plug in the balance port it will charge for about a minute then give me the Battery voltage error, LOW vol.

That being said, I have enought time to look at the volts in the individual cells and they are between 3.6 and 4.2. I tested 2 batteries and the same thing happened. When I watched the individual voltage the first cell would remain relative constant, either 4.2 or 4.17, then the other two would fluctuate between 3.95ish and 4.10ish. Now, after watching for about a minute, on three batteries (one has like 2 flights on it) the 3rd cell rocketed up to around 4.5v then it showed the low voltage error. What does this mean? Thanks.

I dont know what a DVM is so I probably dont have one.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:14 PM   #120 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hello, I tried to charge the batteries in just straight lipo mode and it had no troubles. One thing I did notice is that although I programed it to charge at 2.0a, it showed it was charging at 1.1a, but the battery was almost at full charge. When it was finished it beeped full charge. Now, when I take the same battery and plug in the balance port it will charge for about a minute then give me the Battery voltage error, LOW vol.

That being said, I have enought time to look at the volts in the individual cells and they are between 3.6 and 4.2. I tested 2 batteries and the same thing happened. When I watched the individual voltage the first cell would remain relative constant, either 4.2 or 4.17, then the other two would fluctuate between 3.95ish and 4.10ish. Now, after watching for about a minute, on three batteries (one has like 2 flights on it) the 3rd cell rocketed up to around 4.5v then it showed the low voltage error. What does this mean? Thanks.

I dont know what a DVM is so I probably dont have one.
If you show a cell flucuating, that is an indication that the balance board or balance tap is bad.

If the pack is nearly full, the charger goes right into CV mode so the set charge rate will not be reached, this is normal.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in