Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > KDS Helicopters General Discussion > KDS Electronics

KDS Electronics KDS Electronics Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2014, 04:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default KDS EBAR V2 swash tilts on take off

Just finishing new 700 build with the EBAR V2 and notice something that might be a little strange if you start the FB unit then move the sticks to check servos are moving correctly than attempt to take off the swash tilts slowly on a weird angle??
The only way i can get this to work is start the EBAR dont touch stick than go.
Also i notice if you land on a unlevel surface and attempt to take of the heli will try to tip over on spool up as the swash plate has titled and same if you land and touch the stick and try to take off again it won't hover very well. I would think it would try to correct it self as you spool up but no such luck here. So the only way it works well is to start the FBL and go fly Does this sound normal or should i be looking to solve this problem ?? Any advice would be good as this would only be my second FBL after owning beastx
peter23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2014, 12:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

there is no problem with the ebar ..be it any fbl unit beastx skookum vbar ur not supposed to move the cyclic stick before takeoff ...if u want to check servo, move the collective up and down or tilt the heli to each direction to check the gyro has initialized and swash is moving to compensate the tilt .. ..but do not move cyclic stick, once ur skids have left the ground u can get on ur cyclic n fly normally ....
livedemon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2014, 01:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well glad i`ve got all that clear as i move on will the 700 size and never really worked that out with my smaller hellies but will be making sure the cyclic stick stays centered till its of the ground . I think i kind of new this lol as the fb unit needs attitude to sense and make corrections, i`m sure i've read it somewhere but have moved the cyclic on my 450 blade beastx so many time just as i take off, but maybe thats why ive done quick adjustments on the swash when it doesn't hover well.
I think i might get the swash leveling tool out again on the 450
peter23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2014, 12:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

it could have been alot worst than this with the heli completely tipping over ...but i guess u got the point ..happy landings
Old 08-06-2014, 10:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Running vbar there has never been a problem moving the cyclic stick before take off. It should be untouched, but a good fbl unit should handle it. Glad I saw this, something to consider before I think about running ebar.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by livedemon View Post
there is no problem with the ebar ..be it any fbl unit beastx skookum vbar ur not supposed to move the cyclic stick before takeoff ...if u want to check servo, move the collective up and down or tilt the heli to each direction to check the gyro has initialized and swash is moving to compensate the tilt .. ..but do not move cyclic stick, once ur skids have left the ground u can get on ur cyclic n fly normally ....
I always check swash movement with vbar and never get this. If a FBL unit can't handle this then I'd rather not have it on the heli. Maybe I'll pick up a mini vbar for the chase 360 instead of using the EBAR.
PeteStewardson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2014, 11:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

it also depends on fast you lift off during spool up ,if u wait too long on the ground and u have moved the cyclic earlier then there are high chances of tip over beastx does this too ...even if u see any pros flying if they have to start beating their heli from lift off itself they will hover a sec or two put the heli back on ground and then fly ...its safer that way ...may be the surface the heli initially takes off on is perfectly flat so may be the vbar does not tilt ...
but as a safe practice just move collective and check gyro sensing thats it and lift off
Old 08-09-2014, 03:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think there is something else going on. My TR500 has no problem if I move either stick to make sure all servos are working. Flip the switch, spool up nice and slow since Im a new pilot and make a soft slow takeoff. No tilting or anything.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in