Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Kontronik Drives

Kontronik Drives Jazz and Jive ESC's and other Kontronik equipment support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 02:52 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sarpilot - the Jive 80HV was my first Kontronik purchase. Found it in the classifieds. Keep out an eye. I am very impressed with governor performance and most of all, the theme here is simple elegance! Simple programming. Simple installation. Zero problems. Auto timing. Nice motor leads to allow easy motor connection. Clean, easy to mount, small footprint.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lefty.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	242802  
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2011, 05:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

It looks very well made, thx for the pic.... still muddling over it looks like 4 is the going rate.... Heck thats half a 7HV kit almost!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

indeed, but then you'd need a kontronic 120HV for that too

AMA#1058309
Mon_t is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2011, 11:25 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't get me started on 1/2 of a 7HV kit. It's only the tip of the iceberg!
Old 07-29-2011, 04:47 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I may be close to a decision..... One of our best supporters has offered me a deal that is very hard to refuse. You guys running this thing I didn't even know it had a BEC.... thats a tradeoff there.

Seriously considering it now do you need like a program card or box to set it up or is there software you can do it from the desktop? If I can eliminate this random rpm thing I will consider this build finished and can move on to other projects.... I really want like a Vietnam era scale in 600 chassis maybe?
Old 07-29-2011, 09:07 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It doesn't *require* the a ProgCard (1 or 2) or the ProgDisc. If you choose to get a programmer, go for the ProgDisc as it is the future for Kontronik. I have one and it is quite nice but not really necessary. It does allow you to change parameters that you otherwise can not program with your radio but most don't need to change them.
prototype3a is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2011, 02:33 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK so stick programming will suffice I guess.... does it do data logging like castle? Any special adapters required to do that?
Old 07-29-2011, 03:05 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype3a View Post
Kontronik Jive 80HV. Get the J-Log 2 if you want data logging.
Quote:
The J-Log is a device with an SD card that plugs into the data port on a Jive. This device listens to one of the processors in the Jive and logs the data. It tracks more data than the CC escs do but you have to use your own data analysis tools. I forget the name of the popular freeware software people use. The fellas in the J-Log forum here could probably help you more. I do not personally own a J-Log but I have looked into it quite a bit and it really is a nice unit but not as convenient and user friendly as other devices.
prototype3a is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2011, 05:28 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
ok thx
Old 07-29-2011, 07:33 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarpilot View Post
Well I may be close to a decision..... One of our best supporters has offered me a deal that is very hard to refuse. You guys running this thing I didn't even know it had a BEC.... thats a tradeoff there.

Seriously considering it now do you need like a program card or box to set it up or is there software you can do it from the desktop? If I can eliminate this random rpm thing I will consider this build finished and can move on to other projects.... I really want like a Vietnam era scale in 600 chassis maybe?
Um, is this just a one time deal, or can it be passed on to others of us... Like myself, being 2nd in line???
9K4O
breathe rc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2011, 11:02 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by breathe rc View Post
Um, is this just a one time deal, or can it be passed on to others of us... Like myself, being 2nd in line???
Well I would pm Mike at Nankinhobby.com and make an offer..... I've bought a fair amount of stuff from him so that may be why he offered me such a great deal....

I appreciate everyones input but after further investigation this ESC will not work for me.... I need 8.4 BEC and the Jive will only do 6, so I lose half its function right there.

I guess I will give the CC 80HV a go about to buy it from Mike.... looking at the CC boards all the fire probs seem to be with the 120. I already have everything to set it up so that is a plus...
Thx again to everyone for their input and suggestions!
Old 07-30-2011, 10:28 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will tell you what, Sarpilot, I had no problems with my CC Ice100 LV on my Outrage 550. Logging was awesome, and governor worked perfectly for me. I knew I had risk, but was fortunate. Once I decided to go FBL, and Vstabi on Spektrum,, it just made the rigging so clean and simple, it won me over.

Odds are, you will love the CC. Can't beat the value in most cases.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:43 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarpilot View Post
Well I would pm Mike at Nankinhobby.com and make an offer..... I've bought a fair amount of stuff from him so that may be why he offered me such a great deal....

I appreciate everyones input but after further investigation this ESC will not work for me.... I need 8.4 BEC and the Jive will only do 6, so I lose half its function right there.

I guess I will give the CC 80HV a go about to buy it from Mike.... looking at the CC boards all the fire probs seem to be with the 120. I already have everything to set it up so that is a plus...
Thx again to everyone for their input and suggestions!
Thanks, I will have to see about that. Thats where I will ordering my Compass parts from anyhow. Good luck, and enjoy!
9K4O
breathe rc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2011, 10:15 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
I've had a 60HV on my 6HV now for about 130 flights. No issues, no thermal shutdowns, no overcurrent shutdowns. The heat sink is barely above ambient even after 3 back to back flights in 95-100F weather.
This is the one I run on mine too. Been flying with the 60HV since Dec2010. Yet to have a problem.
I think a heat sinked kontronik is worth up to 20amp higher than advertised. Plus I don't think most pilots even touch 60amp with the 6HV. The 12s setup really keeps Amps down.
I saw a log of a guy flying "3d" on a 6hv and it never got above 45amp draw.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:28 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I am excited about its arrival so I can pin down this power problem. The HW esc is ok at flat 90 and when its happy all is good but every now and then I get this complete I am assuming transistor failure for like 500 milliseconds and then its fine. it hasnt done it in 3 days....

I like to fly big air out over the forest behind the house and I am out like 500-1000 yards a bunch and I just dont want to think about it going WWWWWHHHHHOOOOooooomm over the forest.....
Old 08-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by src053 View Post
This is the one I run on mine too. Been flying with the 60HV since Dec2010. Yet to have a problem.
I think a heat sinked kontronik is worth up to 20amp higher than advertised. Plus I don't think most pilots even touch 60amp with the 6HV. The 12s setup really keeps Amps down.
I saw a log of a guy flying "3d" on a 6hv and it never got above 45amp draw.
Are you using the built in BEC with your Jive 60HV? Are you FBL? If so, what servos?
sps3172 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2011, 11:26 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm running the BEC with both outputs to futaba rx and futaba cgy750.
I run MKS servo's (forget which model number).
Old 08-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok I checked the servo's

MKS 950 on cyclic
MKS980 on rudder
Old 08-15-2011, 05:39 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My only nock on kontronics.
The govenor causes this weird tail wag. It never looses heading (which is all that matters) but if you hold it in a steady hover you will notice a slow wag. I'm told this is a common side affect of running kontronik govenors.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:07 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'm running the BEC with both outputs to futaba rx and futaba cgy750.
I run MKS servo's (forget which model number).
Quote:
ok I checked the servo's

MKS 950 on cyclic
MKS980 on rudder
Quote:
My only nock on kontronics.
The govenor causes this weird tail wag. It never looses heading (which is all that matters) but if you hold it in a steady hover you will notice a slow wag. I'm told this is a common side affect of running kontronik govenors.
Thank you for the info. Is there somewhere I can read more about this governor wag?
sps3172 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in