Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #181 (permalink)
Registered Users

maarset: headspeed is 2200-2350

Kurt: okay. i'll lower gain alitle more,and then i will test it out
Yoda DK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 03:49 AM   #182 (permalink)
Registered Users

well i think this is it for me! first pack to day. was doing sideon tic toc. wenn it suddently lost power. i was close to the ground. so i couldn't save it! the pics speak for them self
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	logo 001.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	297394   Click image for larger version

Name:	logo 002.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	297395   Click image for larger version

Name:	logo 003.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	297396  
Old 03-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #183 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Oh no. I wonder why it lost power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
maarset is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #184 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Did the main gear strip in flight?

Old 03-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #185 (permalink)
Registered Users

it turned out to be loss of signal. i don't know why yet. but i have to figured out before flying again.

talked to a friend of mine to day. we talked about the sensitiv logo tail grips. we will try to modify them. so they work like a kasama tail. don't know if it can be done. but i want to give it a shot
Old 03-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #186 (permalink)
Registered Users

I flew my 400SE for the first time today. Just some basic hovering to test the mechanics. I was getting some minor tail wag from time to time but other than that it was stable and smooth. I have to order the pro version of the software to closely inspect where the wag comes from. Btw, if you happen to have DX8 what is the gyro gain value that you set there? For me it is pretty low, like 10% in the TX to get 70% in VStabi software.

I have two DSMX satellites and I tested that each one of them could work on its own to protect as much as possible from signal loss. No guarantee that it won't happen but it helps anyway.
Kalpazan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2012, 10:54 PM   #187 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda DK View Post
it turned out to be loss of signal. i don't know why yet. but i have to figured out before flying again.

talked to a friend of mine to day. we talked about the sensitiv logo tail grips. we will try to modify them. so they work like a kasama tail. don't know if it can be done. but i want to give it a shot
Do you have the boom grounded to the motor mount? Where you able to view the vbar log to see if it has any details?
Old 03-11-2012, 03:39 AM   #188 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalpazan View Post
I flew my 400SE for the first time today. Just some basic hovering to test the mechanics. I was getting some minor tail wag from time to time but other than that it was stable and smooth. I have to order the pro version of the software to closely inspect where the wag comes from. Btw, if you happen to have DX8 what is the gyro gain value that you set there? For me it is pretty low, like 10% in the TX to get 70% in VStabi software.

I have two DSMX satellites and I tested that each one of them could work on its own to protect as much as possible from signal loss. No guarantee that it won't happen but it helps anyway.
congrats on your maiden my gain is set only in the Vbar. and its about 52. didn't get a chance to test it yester day. before it went in.. a couple of weeks ago i switch from spektrum to futaba. so can't help you with spektrum settings
Old 03-11-2012, 03:48 AM   #189 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarset View Post
Do you have the boom grounded to the motor mount? Where you able to view the vbar log to see if it has any details?
Hi Maarset. i have grounded just like that. from tail to bom.and from bom to motor mount. i don't think it's a static. it didn,t see a kick or any pointing that it should be static..

the connector on the Sbus cable was a litle to loose for my liking. so i changed it.waiting for parts right now. they will be here in the end of next week

i posted the log in vbar forum.and Mr Mel said it was signal loss. but he din't say anything about static. so i guess it could be reciever. Sbus cable. or maybe something loose inside the Vbar
Old 03-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #190 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry to see the crashed LOGO...the VBAR log maybe shows where the signal loss came from ?
/Kurt
Old 03-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #191 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by galensk View Post
Sorry to see the crashed LOGO...the VBAR log maybe shows where the signal loss came from ?
/Kurt
Hi Kurt
Mr mel couldn't tell what happened. only that i lost the signal..i think it was the futaba connector. once parts arrive i will put it together,and try a range test
Old 03-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #192 (permalink)
Registered Users

i'm back again fighting vibes on the logo again! it's the tail again. i can't hit the spot so my tail is vibe free. no matter how smooth i get my grips i still get vibes. i've been trying for 2 days now. old tail with new bearings. no luck.. anf a brand new tail still vibes..
any body know if UK has fixed the geometry problem on the UK logo tail??

http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/quic...1b-p-6348.html
Old 03-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #193 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK

Take the tail hub off

Check vibes with bare tail output shaft.

Put hub on with grips no blades and check vibes.

Put tail fin bolts on and check vibes.

Connect grips to slider and check vibes.

Put on tail blades and check vibes.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:24 AM   #194 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
OK

Take the tail hub off

Hi maarset

i will try that and get back. but i just can't make grips as smooth as last time. i tried every thing but they are just not as smooth
Old 03-18-2012, 04:42 AM   #195 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
OK

Take the tail hub off

update wenn testing with just tail rotor with bolts in it.i read 50 in vibes. but wenn i connect grips to slider i get 160 in vibes i could feel the vibes right away.. now wenn i put on logo 85mm plastic blades i get 711 in vibes
Old 03-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #196 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda DK View Post
Hi maarset

i will try that and get back. but i just can't make grips as smooth as last time. i tried every thing but they are just not as smooth
Go back and make sure grip bearings are fully seated. I know this is a pain in the ass.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #197 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have not been checking vibes on my logo 400SE, I took the main blades off and the tail push rod disconnected but kept the tail blades on, I get 380 in the vibe scale (HS is 2400 rpm) , I flew it today 8 times on stock setting vbar and noticed that i had to go down in the gyro from 80 to 68 to get it locked in, checked after my flights and had occasional raised vibration on inverted hurricanes, the majority were healthy signals. The tail is locked in. After reading your posts I am sure now that you have some mechanical issue, I am enjoying mine so much that I had to fly it 8 times today, It is on the classified for sale but not any more, It is a keeper on my fleet.. did you check your one way bearing to make sure nothing missing from the inside? that can be a reason for increased vibration in your machine.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #198 (permalink)
Registered Users

It must be something simple that you are just overlooking. Heli should not require such a fine tunning to fly well. Good that you now know it is either from the tail shaft or from the tail grips. Narrow down the problem even more and deal with it
Kalpazan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #199 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Guys

update! i spent all day yester day,and most of to day on the logo. the tail grips is very sensitiv how smooth the gribs are. alitle to tight cause vibes and a litle to loose cause vibes. i will buy a UK tail for it!

But i got it right today i tested with edge blades,and rotor tech blades and logo plastic blades all 85mm in length

edge balances ok. they didn't need much to balance. lowest vibes i could get on them was 651

rotortech was really very bad wenn balancing them. they did need much tape! the box they come in says "balances perfekt and ready to bolt on" yea right! they are the most expensive to.. but vibes with them was 548

mikado plastic blades balances spot on! vibes on them was 362. so they stayed on

i put 12 flights on it today. mix of slow smooth 3d. and hard 3d as much as i dared push it. plus a lot of taildown and side on tic toc. vibes were between 1350-2204 on the 12 flights. my tail gain stays low. i don't know why i started at 64 and ended up on 47. seems really low to me. but feels locked in on inverted hurricans. could it be the long 85mm tail blades? i was thinkin of trying 72mm tail blades. my tail servo is bls 251

the first 3-4 flights i used them to get gain right. so i didn't really get a feeling how it flew. but wenn i hat gain right.and started to push it alitle more. it really began to be fun! it's very stable and has a lot of power! tic toc and punch outs is no problem at all it just keeps pushing great! after my 12 flights to day. she is deffently a keeper!

one thing i really would like. was if mikado made carbon frames. so gear mesh and getting boom and mainshaft 90degree a lot faster. i still think,that it is a PITA. after a few times trying to get gearmesh right the holes in the frames get really worn and makes setting mesh a pain!
Old 03-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #200 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congratulations, I am so happy to hear that, I must admit that the logo 400 is pain to set it up, but once you get dialed in it is one of the most smooth and joy to fly in the 500 class out there. For the gain, I tired the 85/86 mm blades and never liked them but that is true that you have to go down in the gain to get them set up right. I have switched to rotortech 76 mm and enjoying them tremendously, balanced out of the box and my gain with those is 68. on the bench the vibes are 380 with tail blades on and HS 2400 rpm. Have fun and great Job

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in