Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Newbies: Tips and Information

Newbies: Tips and Information Section of HF, specifically for Passing along info to newcomers to the hobby. Setup, tweaking, orientation practice, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tips for "tuning"

Hey everyone, not new to the forum but it's definitely been a while. I am very new to Helicopters though and could use some general direction. I've recently picked up an axe 100 SS and have run into a problem out of the gate; the machine banks hard left immediately after startup. No doubt this is simply an adjustment that needs to be made. I'm hoping that someone can point me in the direction of some learning material to help me setup the heli.

Thanks in advance!
Gouie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

When you plug the helicopter in get it on the ground asap.

The reason the swash is going left.
The flybarless system is trying to adjust the bank angle of the helicopter buy giving it a little left aileron, Because the helicopter is on the ground it cannot tilt back to the right
when the computer gave it a little left the flybarless expects the helicopter to move and when it does not move the flybarless gives it more nothing happens and the flybarless gives it more and more and more aileron. This happens at about 600 times a second so the swash just leans all the way over.

Plug in the helicopter and begin spooling up.
give the helicopter a little right aileron and continue spooling up to just bellow takeoff power.

Watch the helicopter very close! It's up to you to make sure you lift the helicopter off the ground without banking right or left, forward or backward.

You will need to pay very close attention and make appropriate corrections as the pitch starts to come on!

You may enjoy reading a few documents a this link.

MCPX setup service and flying links for newbies
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=506789
You helicopter is a little different, but works the same. You will have a better understanding of whats going on if you give this a look.

You may also like to check out the Heli-max forum.
https://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=151
Hope this helps you.
Ron

Last edited by Imzzaudae; 12-17-2013 at 07:52 PM..
Imzzaudae is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Really appreciate the advice. I'll spend some time running through the link you provided.
Gouie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in