Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 10:59 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks!
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2010, 12:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyranger View Post
QR, your advice is great, yet I did find a post that told you that if you depress the metal keepers ontop of ths JST plug the wires easily pull out...they do. All you do to replace is put an exacto blade or teeny screwdriver blade under keeper that you depressed and pull it back up..then insert.You are back in business. Of all people I found it EASY......Dave
Ya know I never really thought about pulling the pins from the JST. I pull them from servo's all the time.

I do know from personal experience, that pulling those pins from servos can have that little tab break off, then you'll need to glue them back in the housing. Just a note.
QueadlunnRau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2010, 12:41 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shipley View Post
Good job on the video's One thing I would add is to make sure any part you are going to loctite, is clean of grease and oil. I use alcohol. Also the washers that go against the bearings have a ridge on them. The ridge should be facing the bearing. And if your head is a little sloppy, add another shim to each side..... I am using 4 and the head is solid. J
Deffinately good advice. Yeah looking back at the vid, shoulda took the whole blade grips apart as well. Oh well maybe I make some vid changes this weekend. Still hoping this will help people not be so scared to take this bird apart.

^_^
Old 03-23-2010, 12:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

You did a great job on the video and have helped a lot of people. If you are interested, maybe we can get you your own sticky for further video's??? J
John Shipley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2010, 03:01 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

just wanted to add i just replaced my tail boom, thanks for all your help QR.
And as suggested by others, i didnt have to solder either, just pushed the pins on the jst connector and out they popped.
thanks again
vygec is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2010, 05:39 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question

Hey Q, just bought P# 1170 bell mixer upgrade kit BCP , includes P#s 1171 & 1172 ...2 grips with everything between ?? Dave
Skyranger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2010, 05:42 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hey Q, just bought P# 1170 bell mixer upgrade kit BCP , includes P#s 1171 & 1172 ...2 grips with everything between ?? Dave
Nice! Hey let us know if that clears up that slight head wobble the SR has. Thx!
T-rex 450SE V2, 250SE / Blade CX2, mCX, mSR, SR / Walkera 5G6, 4#3B, 4G3, CB100 / Piccolo Pro / Hornet II / HBK 2

shield is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2010, 05:53 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exclamation wait..

hey shield, I don't even know if I got the right chit, fiqured you guys would let me know ..They had it, I bought 2 and gears and shafts and LGr. blades, lots, CA, Locktite , hell $150.00, chit, I was der.... Help poor ole Dave
Old 03-24-2010, 05:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'm going to my LHS after work, (burned out the tail motor already!!!)

I'll take a look at the BCPP metal blade grips, maybe I'll get bold and buy em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shipley View Post
You did a great job on the video and have helped a lot of people. If you are interested, maybe we can get you your own sticky for further video's??? J
John Shipley - This thread would be cool if it were a sticky. Ever since I got Windows 7 and the new Microsoft Movie Maker, I really like making video's!

I'd be glad to make more SR video's of upgrades tweaking and things.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:28 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I need to replace my blades and flybar tonight. I've never done this before, so do have to worry about the pitch or angle of the flybar paddles or do they only go on one way? I've searched the forum, and I can't find any references to this.

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2010, 11:20 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch_tx View Post
I need to replace my blades and flybar tonight. I've never done this before, so do have to worry about the pitch or angle of the flybar paddles or do they only go on one way? I've searched the forum, and I can't find any references to this.

Thanks!
The flybar paddles are cake, just screw them on and have the lower tapered edge towards where the head will spin.

Make sure your flybar has equal distance from each side of the flybar cage.

Also the pitch should be EXACT to the flybar cage.

I left my SR at work today, so sorry I could not take a picture, I have my trex though and it's the same concept.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0864.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	147320   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0865.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	147321  
Old 03-26-2010, 11:51 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is there a wrong orentation to the three bearings in the blade gripe?
Old 03-27-2010, 11:48 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking

hey Pete, I am gona be bold and say no, as I redid mine last nite per Q's video and advice + E-Flight exploded view..; mine is better than new after "I" rebuilt it. ..BUT....there is orientation with the step washers...See manual, I forgot ........... Dave
Old 03-28-2010, 06:59 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
hey Pete, I am gona be bold and say no, as I redid mine last nite per Q's video and advice + E-Flight exploded view..; mine is better than new after "I" rebuilt it. ..BUT....there is orientation with the step washers...See manual, I forgot ........... Dave
Thanks Dave,

I didn't have the patience to wait and assembled it yesterday. The bearings don't seem to care which way they go in. Oh yeah, I did followed the illistration of the step washers.

A couple test flights showed no flaws other than my incompitance.

On order:, new blades and swash plate anti-rotation plate and another blade grip.

A bit windy for a rookie!
Old 03-28-2010, 09:27 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

pete, I was born in NYC and moved to Boston suberb of Framingham, Ashland, Saxonville and Eastham on the cape, used to hang in Buzzurds Bay, don't miss the snow, but hurricanes are a bitch...
Old 03-29-2010, 10:49 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueadlunnRau View Post
The flybar paddles are cake, just screw them on and have the lower tapered edge towards where the head will spin.

Make sure your flybar has equal distance from each side of the flybar cage.

Also the pitch should be EXACT to the flybar cage.

I left my SR at work today, so sorry I could not take a picture, I have my trex though and it's the same concept.
will lining up the paddles to the flybar cage by eye suffice, or are those flybar alignment tools important? thanks for the help!
Old 03-29-2010, 12:22 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
will lining up the paddles to the flybar cage by eye suffice, or are those flybar alignment tools important? thanks for the help!
You should try and get perfect alignment, if you are talking about distance from the cage. Having it off can cause vibration.

If you do not have a caliper or ruler, you can use the paper/string and pen method.

take a piece of paper and measure the distance from the flybar cage and paddle and mark it with a pen. Then measure the other side.

Keep doing this untill you have perfect alignment.

Note a caliper is an awesome tool, you should get one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0870.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	148211  
Old 03-29-2010, 02:01 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueadlunnRau View Post
You should try and get perfect alignment, if you are talking about distance from the cage. Having it off can cause vibration.

If you do not have a caliper or ruler, you can use the paper/string and pen method.

take a piece of paper and measure the distance from the flybar cage and paddle and mark it with a pen. Then measure the other side.

Keep doing this untill you have perfect alignment.

Note a caliper is an awesome tool, you should get one.
I have a digital caliper, and I have that part down....the exact distances. I was more concerned about the pitch of the paddles. I have no problem buying the tools I need.....just wanted to get a recommendation for the preferred method. thanks!!
Old 03-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Could anyone please post some detail pictures of the assembled rotor head or even better in different states of assemly?
Is there already a video which shows the whole head assembly somewhere?

I had a bad crash today and i don't seem to be able to grasp how it all fits together, not even sure which parts to order so far because i might have lost some

Unfortunatley the exploded view in the manual isn't very helpful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (until now i'm not even sure if the parts wouldn't end up costing more than a new pnp version)
Old 03-29-2010, 05:48 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I have a digital caliper, and I have that part down....the exact distances. I was more concerned about the pitch of the paddles. I have no problem buying the tools I need.....just wanted to get a recommendation for the preferred method. thanks!!
Ahh, pitch of the paddles, sorry thought you were asking about the distance. I just eyeball them. I guess if you wanted perfection, you could try to use a pitch gauge on the paddles, but I've never had an issue with just eyeballing it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in