Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #521 (permalink)
Registered Users

No. Haven't seen the ads. Not even sure where I'm likely to either.
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #522 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathy View Post
No. Haven't seen the ads. Not even sure where I'm likely to either.
It was either in the AMA magazine or Heli Pilot. You didn't miss anything, lol. Don't wanna hijack this thread...

G
neavissa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #523 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neavissa View Post
I would not call it counter productive at all.
=] the whole program is engineered to launch a GPS system, I can see SK have future options and could chain a baro to the 720 for what you suggest.

at this time all other options are counter-productive to where this is heading. future yes, why not!

georgi UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #524 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounding good Georgi. .
Old 01-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #525 (permalink)

Quote:
Sounding good Georgi. .
=] indeed!

Old 01-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #526 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgi UK View Post
=] the whole program is engineered to launch a GPS system, I can see SK have future options and could chain a baro to the 720 for what you suggest.

at this time all other options are counter-productive to where this is heading. future yes, why not!
Let's see. You are heading towards the ground, inverted and totally out of control... the hard deck, if enabled, kicks in and safes your ass. Right!? The only way this can happen is, if either the GPS or the SK does the computing. My guess is, it's the SK. Now, if I am correct, the SK only needs the GPS to lock the helicopter in place, but not to give the command to pitch up or down, right!? If that is the case, why does it have to be triggered by the GPS/barometer and cannot be triggered with a switch!? Makes no sense to me at all...

Thanks,

G

Sent from my C64 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #527 (permalink)

Quote:
Let's see. You are heading towards the ground, inverted and totally out of control... the hard deck, if enabled, kicks in and safes your ass. Right!? The only way this can happen is, if either the GPS or the SK does the computing. My guess is, it's the SK. Now, if I am correct, the SK only needs the GPS to lock the helicopter in place, but not to give the command to pitch up or down, right!? If that is the case, why does it have to be triggered by the GPS/barometer and cannot be triggered with a switch!? Makes no sense to me at all...

Thanks,

G

=] the 720 does not contain the hardware needed for this, it uses periphery systems.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #528 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
=] the 720 does not contain the hardware needed for this, it uses periphery systems.
Exactly! That is my point!!! The SK needs the GPS/barometer for the hard deck feature, but the GPS is only the trigger! A trigger can be replaced...by a switch on my radio...

G

Old 01-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #529 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Thanks,

G

This is a whole different discussion that has been beaten to death.

I have actually opened up my DX8 TX and switched my momentary bind switch with my gear switch and now have my self leveling on the momentary mixed with configurable pitch increase at the press of a button. Moving my buttons puts the switch right at my index finger while flying. I've tested it in the sim and it works perfectly, but with certain limitations as we all know there will be since the system isn't designed this way.

I plan on doing som vids soon and will write up my experiences in another thread for anyone that may want to try it out. At this point, I don't think asking "why" it isn't set to work like the HC over and over is productive and is just turning into background noise. Lets focus on what we can do at this point as I'm sure SK is well aware of what everyone else is doing.
Xrayted is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #530 (permalink)

Quote:
Exactly! That is my point!!! The SK needs the GPS/barometer for the hard deck feature, but the GPS is only the trigger! A trigger can be replaced...by a switch on my radio...

G

=] but? where is your gps receiver??

Old 01-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #531 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
=] but? where is your gps receiver??
??? I really don't get it... what is their phone number I am just going to call them and talk to them

P.s. never mind. I didn't see that you wrote GPS, lol. I was thinking, why is he now talking about a receiver!?

That is my point, that you do not need the GPS receiver, since the SK does all the computing and now handles the pitch as well. Thus, you should be able to trigger sl from the radio, just like we do now, with the only difference that note the SK uses pitch!!!

Old 01-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #532 (permalink)

Quote:
??? I really don't get it... what is their phone number I am just going to call them and talk to them

P.s. never mind. I didn't see that you wrote GPS, lol. I was thinking, why is he now talking about a receiver!?

That is my point, that you do not need the GPS receiver, since the SK does all the computing and now handles the pitch as well. Thus, you should be able to trigger sl from the radio, just like we do now, with the only difference that note the SK uses pitch!!!

=] the 720 systems are part of the 5 needed here, alone it is not enough.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #533 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICNU View Post
This is a whole different discussion that has been beaten to death.
Not really!
Quote:
I have actually opened up my DX8 TX and switched my momentary bind switch with my gear switch and now have my self leveling on the momentary mixed with configurable pitch increase at the press of a button. Moving my buttons puts the switch right at my index finger while flying. I've tested it in the sim and it works perfectly, but with certain limitations...
I have done something similar with my 14MZ and it worked fine as well. I agree, this is different subject!

Quote:
...since the system isn't designed this way.
This is where I totally disagree! The SK WAS not designed to do that, but now it is! I am not sure why everyone is having such a hard time understanding what I am trying to say?!?!? So, please bare ( <--- is this the right "bare")... with and let me try it one more time!

Every other system out there, and this is not a comparison rather than an observation, that has a GPS, works WITH and WITHOUT the GPS. So, if you have a wookong-h and you want to fly without the GPS, go right ahead, the wookong-h doesn't need the GPS in order to work. Of course it will NOT have the same functionality, than a wookong-h with GPS!

My point is, since the GPS is a peripheral attachment, all the computing must be done in the main unit, in this case the wookong-h! Correct?! Now, if the GPS is only there to tell the main unit, to do something at a given position, altitude or whatever, BUT it is the main unit that takes that information and executes it, in this case to increase/decrease pitch, why would you not be able to manually trigger that command?!

Every system, RC or not-RC related, ALWAYS has the option to manually trigger an event, so you can test the system!? That being said, SINCE THE SK KNOWS WHAT TO DO, IF THE GPS TELLS IT TO DO IT, WHY CAN I NOT MANUALLY FLIP A SWITCH AND TELL THE MAIN UNIT; DO IT?!?!?

Quote:
I plan on doing some vids soon and will write up my experiences in another thread for anyone that may want to try it out. At this point, I don't think asking "why" it isn't set to work like the HC over and over is productive and is just turning into background noise. Lets focus on what we can do at this point as I'm sure SK is well aware of what everyone else is doing.
If you read what I just wrote, you will understand that I am not asking, why it cannot do something, rather than say it should be able to do something! If you follow my "logic" you have to agree! That is just the way it is!

thanks,

G
Old 01-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #534 (permalink)
Registered Users

Seriously, I read that people have success calling them?! Where do I find their number?!

thanks,

G
Old 01-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #535 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
=] SK have designed a GPS world product using 5 systems that have to integrate on any part of the globe,

I would think the 8M deck allows for variables that have to be considered, early beta versions were capable of 2M, we may see this again in the future?

I imagine SK want plenty of insurance to begin with, understandably!
That was my point earlier Seasick. Nothing more. Sorry to interrupt guys. Argue on!
Old 01-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #536 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
That was my point earlier Seafest. Nothing more. Sorry to interrupt guys. Argue on!
Who's arguing!?

Old 01-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #537 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Not really!

I have done something similar with my 14MZ and it worked fine as well. I agree, this is different subject!

This is where I totally disagree! The SK WAS not designed to do that, but now it is! I am not sure why everyone is having such a hard time understanding what I am trying to say?!?!? So, please bare ( <--- is this the right "bare")... with and let me try it one more time!

Every other system out there, and this is not a comparison rather than an observation, that has a GPS, works WITH and WITHOUT the GPS. So, if you have a wookong-h and you want to fly without the GPS, go right ahead, the wookong-h doesn't need the GPS in order to work. Of course it will NOT have the same functionality, than a wookong-h with GPS!

My point is, since the GPS is a peripheral attachment, all the computing must be done in the main unit, in this case the wookong-h! Correct?! Now, if the GPS is only there to tell the main unit, to do something at a given position, altitude or whatever, BUT it is the main unit that takes that information and executes it, in this case to increase/decrease pitch, why would you not be able to manually trigger that command?!

Every system, RC or not-RC related, ALWAYS has the option to manually trigger an event, so you can test the system!? That being said, SINCE THE SK KNOWS WHAT TO DO, IF THE GPS TELLS IT TO DO IT, WHY CAN I NOT MANUALLY FLIP A SWITCH AND TELL THE MAIN UNIT; DO IT?!?!?

If you read what I just wrote, you will understand that I am not asking, why it cannot do something, rather than say it should be able to do something! If you follow my "logic" you have to agree! That is just the way it is!

thanks,

G
I think you are a bit over obsessed about the heli climbing after SL is activated (I say this in the nicest possible way ). I'm sure the SK could easily be programmed to do so, but for whatever reason it hasn't been. I agree it would be a nice option to have, but I don't think it's as crucial to the SL level feature as you seem to think it is.

Helis I've had: Trex 500, Compass 500, MCPX, Nano CPX
bstanley72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #538 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 720 alone has no idea where the deck is! It needs the GPS for this to happen.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #539 (permalink)
Registered Users

totally agree what about a new thread about how we are going to assign switchs etc and leave navissa here to expound on his theories
oldie1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #540 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The 720 alone has no idea where the deck is! It needs the GPS for this to happen.
I know that! However, It seems like no one reading my posts... thats ok.

G

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in