Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography > FPV and Real time Video

FPV and Real time Video Discussions of receiving video in realtime from the aircraft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2006, 08:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2.4ghz video downlink and Spektrum?

I have been useing a 2.4ghz video transmiter with my blade cx https://www.helifreak.com/viewtopic.php?t=16260 now I was thinking of putting the video transmiter on my MX450 but fear my Spektrum radio will have shortened range due to the 2.4ghz video transmiter. Has any one used the two together?
Fli Now is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2006, 08:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have read on other forums that the two are definitely incompatible. Sorry to bring bad news
13m Spiderbeam mast, Askman mount, A640, all above with 2.4Ghz downlink
Tonystott is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2006, 11:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I just range checked my plane with the camera and spektrum I didn't get the normal 35 paces with the buton pushed in but i did get 25 paces and with out the button pressed I walked a block and a half before I lost range. By then I couldn't see my plane hardly at all and my friend and I were yelling very loud back and forth "working? Yes!". Does that sound like enough range to fly at a park? I just wish some one has tried it I don't like learning the hard way.
Fli Now is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2006, 12:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Technically speaking, they SHOULD be compatible. However, running the video transmitter right next to the receiver isn't going to help. Your best bet is to move the transmitter (video) as far away from the receiver as possible. I would then power up the video transmitter, then power up the remote control transmitter, then the receiver. This way the r/c transmitter has the chance to see what freq NOT to go onto, since the video transmitter should comply with fcc regs and stay within it's frequency slot. Still, there is ALWAYS the issue with distance between the two. The next best thing to do would be to make a more directional antenna for the video transmitter.. that way the radiated energy is not being sprayed all over... will also help your received image! I'd give it a shot.. I've not personally tried.. but I bet some haven't taken the steps as far as power up and antennas to eliminate problems and just said "it won't work."

JMO..
iflybyu77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2006, 04:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The problem I had was when the Spektrum was on, I will get lines in my video.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I could not make the two work together at all. I'm using, like many here, the BWAV "Digi-Live" 200 mW transmitter, and it seems to completely overwelm the Spektrum receiver. With the video Tx on, I could get no response from the Spektrum, whatsoever.

-- Gary

www.tppacks.com
GGoodrum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in