Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > MSH Brain FBL Unit

MSH Brain FBL Unit MSH Brain Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2016, 07:17 PM   #21 (permalink)

I suppose the folks at msh are smart enough to anticipate this less than unique configuration and plan for it.
Raleighcopter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2016, 09:48 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

It will be fixed.
Old 04-16-2016, 01:34 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

????
I not recognize your concerns.
Until now served the reverse of the pitch? No, it was just a useless additional parameter to be set. Where is your problem?
The management of the plate geometry is handled in the internal conversion of the firmware. Moving the ailerons and / or lift the central sphere does not move. You can check. Why should there be other complicated settings?
The basic concept of the Brain is that it must be simple and have only the necessary adjustments so that the setting is simple and easy for the users and the setup is with minimum risk of errors.

As well as always happened in the past, when we release new firmware & software updates with new features, all the necessary control are added (and some other may be removed/simplified) and the instructions updated. This is also explained in the "Release Notes".
BrainDev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2016, 08:21 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

BrainDev , ciao c'è gente nel mondo che non ne capisce veramente una mazza!!!!
abbiate pazienza.......
aranciata is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2016, 08:59 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Insulting me in another language is still insulting me.
Old 04-16-2016, 09:17 AM   #26 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranciata View Post
BrainDev , ciao c'è gente nel mondo che non ne capisce veramente una mazza!!!!
abbiate pazienza.......
:Face

Said "club" will be applied to your account (i.e. we'll be saying "arrivederci" to you for a couple weeks) if you are unable to refrain from insulting other members.

If you have nothing constructive to add, step away from the keyboard or sit on your hands.

No helicopters were harmed in the creation of this post.
AMA CD # 7309, Turbine Waiver# RW 890
Click Here For Bergen Intrepid Turbine Build Videos
Skiddz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2016, 06:01 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think there are 2 different problems here, so let's see if we can get Prototype3a some satisfaction. The 2 different problems aren't really related, so let's start with the first.

1)
Collective direction issue. Look at the picture of the swash follower arms. When the swash goes up, the link that goes to the blade goes down. Then when you have Leading edge blade grip control... that means: Swash up means negative pitch. This just is the way it is for this heli.

Reversing collective in the transmitter will work to fly normally (3d flight, sport flying etc). This will also work for the currently existing SL (not technically a "bailout") since SL does not do any automatic collective pitch addition. So yes, reversing collective will work.... ... for the next month... until the new bailout comes out. So technically, no complaints thus far.

When the new and improved bailout comes out, the IKON will add positive collective to punch out/bailout. This is the issue. IKON will think that positive collective is in the wrong direction. Turn on bailout, and IKON will drive the heli into the ground. Well... that's what one would assume - if IKON thinks that positive collective is one way, but it's actually the opposite. Is there a fix for this issue with the new bailout. Maybe there is a new setting associated with the bailout? Maybe there is a setting in the general setup menu/windows to account for this type of setup. That is the main question here. Perhaps the solution is that "there is no solution - you don't get to use the new bailout, but it still works like it did before". That would suck to not get the new bailout for this heli config. That negates the entire reason that he bought the 2x IKONs. But at least then he would know for sure and he could make his own decision.

2)
Prototype is saying that he has selected the 140deg swash setup on the main settings page, but then when he goes into the advanced menu, it still shows 120deg swash. That's a problem right there (showing something different in separate parts of the software). But then to take that issue further, don't some 140deg setups have different length arms? Where is the place where you would set those different distances in the settings?

Blade CX2 stock, & DX8, +some quads + small fixed wings
Guapo131 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2016, 12:04 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hopefully it can get worked out. If not, I assume the new feature can be set with zero positive pitch. If so, you could program a mix for the switch you are using that adds positive pitch from the transmitter. You might want to add a short delay if you have that capability, but it would still result in a pretty good bailout.
Old 04-19-2016, 05:51 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think I understand, the challenge of this long "Missing setup option" thread is therefore "preventive". Right?
You're complaining about the lack of a function in a software that has yet to be released and that no one has seen or had except us and betatester.
You are looking forward to the future.

Do not worry, as I yet wrote to you, when the software will be released will have all the necessary functions. Also the "Reversed pitch".
However, if there is to complain you should do so only after you downloaded the next update and you will have seen and used it.

BR
Old 04-20-2016, 12:09 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainDev View Post
I think I understand, the challenge of this long "Missing setup option" thread is therefore "preventive". Right?
You're complaining about the lack of a function in a software that has yet to be released and that no one has seen or had except us and betatester.
You are looking forward to the future.

Do not worry, as I yet wrote to you, when the software will be released will have all the necessary functions. Also the "Reversed pitch".
However, if there is to complain you should do so only after you downloaded the next update and you will have seen and used it.

BR
Great answer! Why didn't I think of that?
Old 04-21-2016, 09:20 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

A friend of mine told me the e700 was actually 135deg so I borrowed a swash leveler and in the advanced swash menu, 180, 45, -45 definitely works better. With 140, the cyclic throws were uneven and the swash went out of level at min and max collective.
Old 04-24-2016, 05:20 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype3a View Post
A friend of mine told me the e700 was actually 135deg so I borrowed a swash leveler and in the advanced swash menu, 180, 45, -45 definitely works better. With 140, the cyclic throws were uneven and the swash went out of level at min and max collective.
First I must ask you sorry for the late answer but we are intensively working on the new firmware/Software/Apps/Server free updates.

About 140° swashplate, as yet explained here:
https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=23
The management of the plate geometry is handled in the internal conversion of the firmware.

As you can see in the annex screenshot I evidenced for you that when you select in the wizard a 140° swashplate, in Advanced you can see that the Model Type parameter, change to "CCPM Heli 140".
The software lets you see the usual geometry of a 120° swashplate and the same settings of the servos of a flat 120° (is more easy for all) but the commands sent from the servo to the swashplate are corrected by the "CCPM Heli 140" setup, for the geometry of a 140° swashplate.

I hope that this time it was more clearer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Swash_140.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	648954  
Old 04-29-2016, 01:56 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype3a View Post
Yes, You are correct. You can adjust the phasing in the advanced menus. Under the general tab swashplate phasing to get it to the correct phasing and ye if it identical to most other Thunder tiger models then it will be 135 degree phasing.
JETI USA
www.MSHUSA.com, www.MSheli.com
mamartin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in