Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 500/570

SAB Goblin 500/570 SAB Heli Division - Goblin 500/570 Helicopters

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2014, 01:27 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

We are making more test. Seam 570 is really sensitive on hard dampeners in combination with some blade and rpm.
I am doing more test to have more info.

Luca Invernizzi
Lynx Heli Innovations
ininverno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2014, 10:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Luca have you seen any issues of 'noise' created when spinning the tail blade assembly? It's almost like a 'tapping' noise that can be heard. I removed the belt and spun the main blades and tail blades separately. The noise goes completely away. When you tension the belt and spin it there is a 'tapping' noise that almost sounds like a bearing or a 'gear noise' coming from the tail.

Any input on this? Again, when removing the belt the noise goes away completely.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:13 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Lynx 570 stretch kit sweet!!!

Nope never eared nooise.. everything as std. Maybe the belt touch on some internal boom area? Is just a thinking.. I dont really know about..
You should check parts by parts and detect witch component made this uppen.
Try also lubricate the belt with silicone or lithium grease.. maybe is dry and friction on the pulley tooth..
PM me asap your experience.
Thanks in advance.

Luca Invernizzi
Lynx Heli Innovations
ininverno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2014, 05:40 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyV View Post
Luca have you seen any issues of 'noise' created when spinning the tail blade assembly? It's almost like a 'tapping' noise that can be heard. I removed the belt and spun the main blades and tail blades separately. The noise goes completely away. When you tension the belt and spin it there is a 'tapping' noise that almost sounds like a bearing or a 'gear noise' coming from the tail.

Any input on this? Again, when removing the belt the noise goes away completely.
I might have some input. Do you have a precision tail bell crank mounted on this machine also? I had a similar "tick" on my G500 Stetch a while back and it turned out to be the metal part of the pitch slider was rotating on the bearing and causing the tick noise. I just put a small dab of synthetic grease in the groove and the ticking stopped because it created just enough drag to stop the rotation.

Hope this helps...
Old 07-30-2014, 08:29 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the reply. The belt is not rubbing anything while spinning. I took a very careful look from both front/rear of the boom.

I did in fact add the KDE Bell Crank lever when doing the stretch:
http://www.helidirect.com/kde-bell-c...70-p-36099.hdx

I will take a look over everything tomorrow... hopefully that is also my problem. Thanks for chiming in!

I'm still trying to get this thing tuned properly. It is definitely very fast but now the cyclic's seem a bit on the slow side compared to when it was a 570 size. I'll be going through the Ikon and increasing the roll rates on the BK servo's hopefully tomorrow.

This is my first stretch... is it typical to need to increase the roll rates when running a larger size main blade?
Old 07-31-2014, 10:36 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtuccio View Post
I might have some input. Do you have a precision tail bell crank mounted on this machine also? I had a similar "tick" on my G500 Stetch a while back and it turned out to be the metal part of the pitch slider was rotating on the bearing and causing the tick noise. I just put a small dab of synthetic grease in the groove and the ticking stopped because it created just enough drag to stop the rotation.

Hope this helps...
i just installed the bell crank kit on my 770 and the metal is spinning and making some noise. thank for the tip on the dab of grease.
shein95 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2014, 11:56 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyV View Post

Also check the lower tail drive pulley. I've seen them warp the shoudler of the pulley, it makes the belt skip up and down causing a tapping sound like you descibed.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:02 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the input guys. I greased everything up and it seems the noise has gone away. It was strange because you could only hear it while manually spinning the blades and then at other times the noise would go away.

I'm actually removing the stretch kit. I just don't like the flight characteristics of the stretch compared to how the 570 was out of the box. The heli just doesn't feel the same.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:29 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

thats kinda why i haven't been tempted to get the kit. looks like a really great kit but i think it would make the heli way too floaty. by time you go to a 600 blade and just about all other blade companies running a wider cord than sab you get a lot more lift. i personally like the feel of a heavier disk loading.
shein95 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2015, 05:31 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tried the stretch kit but too tail heavy with 3300 packs. To get proper COG with my packs, the canopy will not fit. Reverting back to stock.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:56 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm running 4500's and its awesome
Laidback_racer likes this.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:20 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanasi View Post
I'm running 4500's and its awesome
Was thinking 3700 - 4500's would be ideal with the stretch. My 3300's were not giving the proper CG. I went back to stock but left the Lynx dampeners in. I like the feel of them.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:23 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFlyer12 View Post
Tried the stretch kit but too tail heavy with 3300 packs. To get proper COG with my packs, the canopy will not fit. Reverting back to stock.

I have the same problem with my stretched 570.
Running 12s stick pack of Revolectrix SilverHV 3000mAH, which was fine at 570mm, but stretched I cannot get the COG right without adding allot of weight to front.
Will be converting back to standard, stretch was fun though
Old 01-01-2016, 04:47 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail Blade sizes/speed for 570 Stretch??

I'm stretching my 570 and will be using Rail 606's.
Wondering if anyone has any updated Tail Blade size and/or Speed (with different size tail pulley) and possibly updated tail gain numbers?

Oxy3 285, Oxy4Stretch, Oxy4Max, Oxy5-520 6S, Urukay Triple head, Goblin 770 Sport.
FlatCrank is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2016, 05:23 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using a 21t tail pulley, as well as Edge 105SE tail blades. 95mm really isn't enough.

And that is to counter the torque of the massive Cyclone 615 running at 2200rpm.

Tail gain numbers vary so much depending on the machine and FBL it doesn't really matter.
I know that on my SK540, if I have enough tail performance, the tail performance isn't really sensitive to gain.
Aryemis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2016, 12:38 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryemis View Post
I'm using a 21t tail pulley, as well as Edge 105SE tail blades. 95mm really isn't enough.

And that is to counter the torque of the massive Cyclone 615 running at 2200rpm.

Tail gain numbers vary so much depending on the machine and FBL it doesn't really matter.
I know that on my SK540, if I have enough tail performance, the tail performance isn't really sensitive to gain.
Thanks aryemis!

Oxy3 285, Oxy4Stretch, Oxy4Max, Oxy5-520 6S, Urukay Triple head, Goblin 770 Sport.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:07 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys.

So I do the preparation for my SAB 570 stretch as well.
I realized that the better option for the blades is (600-610mm) and 96mm and above for the tails depending how big are the mains.

My Q is, shall I stay with the default 21T motor pinion and to lower the rpms (I need 2200rpm mainly form mild 3d and sport flying)?

&

For the tail authority I am going to use 96mm with 21T tail pinion.
Is it ok?

Thnx for your inputs in advance.
Darapis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2016, 09:52 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My experience is that 95mm is not enough, especially at 2200rpm, even with the 21t tail pulley. It really needs 105mm.
Though 600mm blades are not that much longer, but they are much wider than the stock blades, so there is alot more torque (of course even more so with my big and heavy Cyclone 615's).

21t motor pinion is perfect for 2200rpm on a 550kv motor (assuming 12S, 6S is not suited for the stretch, unless it's low headspeed).
Aryemis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2016, 02:06 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bonjour Aryemis,

Thanks a lot for your inputs.
Actually I run 6s with an Xnova 4025-1120KVmotor and 22T motor pinion ,ESC HW 120W V4 and this thing it rocks with OPTIPOWER 5300mah Lipos.

I am wondering if I can keep the above setup and to add the followings on my stretch kit:

Rails 606mm Mains and 96mm tails with Motor 22T and tail 21T pinions?

Or to go with Mains 600m MS composit and tails102 Ms composit again with the above pinions.

Also I think that I could put Mains 620mm MS composits or rails 606mm with 102mm tails or 105mm but I am afraid for binding except if I choose Thunderbolt Tail Blades 100 mm/5/3.

I really do not know.

http://www.world-of-heli.de/en/rotor...rotorblae.html

http://www.world-of-heli.de/en/rotor...rblaetter.html

I am a sport pilot and not a 3d.
Darapis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2016, 07:03 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been very happy with mine. I'm running Rail 606 with Rail 106 tail. Stock tail pulley. 12S. I fly fast and hard sport. Been fantastic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in