Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 500/570

SAB Goblin 500/570 SAB Heli Division - Goblin 500/570 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2014, 09:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 570 Lynx Stretch Kit Installation Question

I'm almost done with my conversion to find out that I'm missing a few parts. They should be in by Thursday hopefully.

My question is, is there any set distance we are supposed to set the tail push rod distance? The lynx instructions state "Stretch tail push rod assembly adjust linkage position per your tail setting." Are we supposed to use the 7mm distance as it states in the Goblin Manual? Or are we supposed to set the heli under "rate mode" then mechanically adjust the linkage until the pushrod distance is true center?

I've always had perfect results with setting the distance up per the Goblin manual.

Last edited by AnthonyV; 07-22-2014 at 10:10 PM..
AnthonyV is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2014, 09:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like to adjust the tail so that it stays close to still in rate mode.
Matt Sherman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2014, 03:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Use the std setting per g570 user manual and install the extension on lynx bag per user manual. Redo tail limit setting before fly.

Luca Invernizzi
Lynx Heli Innovations
ininverno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2014, 11:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I set everything up in rate mode yesterday. Just as a future reference, the servo horn had a 3.6mm gap on the lynx end. That should give you guys a devent starting point assuming your servo side 7mm and your tail servo is a perfect 90deg like mine.

Luca, i had an issue with the Lynx dampers. At 2525rpm I was getting a decent head wobble. I removed the lynx dampers and installed the stock dampers which had zero head wobble. Do the lynx dampers require a higher headspeed? I am running the 4025-550kv scorpion motor with new design align 3g blades.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can you please explain what you mean by the "3.6mm gap on the Lynx end". I'm not really following what you are saying here.

On my setup I measure 7mm from the end of the Lynx tail rod extension (which screws all the way up until it hits the carbon rod) to where the link end starts (just like the SAB measurement is done in the manual). My tail is at a perfect 90 degrees as it should be and the servo horn is at 90 degrees relative to the servo body for the tail.

Let me know...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in