Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2014, 12:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Nano with HH brushless settings?

Hey guys,

I just upgraded from a Dx4e to a DX8 and have an HH brushless main. I heard a thing or two about dropping your throttle curve to 85% or so with a brushless motor and was wondering if that applied to the stock brushless as well. I'm a bit new to the programmable radio and was wondering if the settings in the manual were decent and if anyone had any suggestions for a fairly new flyer.

Last edited by bobsyouruncle; 04-11-2014 at 11:24 PM..
bobsyouruncle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2014, 07:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like running the HH brushless at near 100%. I was also fiddling with a V throttle curve before my motor burned up, and think I liked that. 100-95-90-95-100 Didn't have enough of a sample, though, because it has been too cold around my neck of the woods for me to take it outside for more 3D. I crash too much with indoor 3D. lol I do believe the HH motor is designed to run at 100%, though, so no worries there.
hookedonflying is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2014, 07:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I run a deeper V-curve on the throttle, it cannot hurt one bit...

100-80-60-80-100

Gives time for the tail motor to "catch up" when the main is punched...

I also had to limit servo travel on the pitch to -65 & +65 to get the tail to stop blowing out, but I have some extra weight with a full fuselage canopy so maybe that's just Me

Although I am an avid Blade fan (see My signature?) I really think the factory BL upgrade kit is more of a cover-up than a cure...kinda like putting a Band-Aid on a broken leg

For roughly twice the price, you can have one of HF's Heli Guru's build you a Dbl Bl Nano CPX with no issues, no problems, no hassles...and all the power you'll need

I did Mine, and haven't looked back
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2014, 07:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
For roughly twice the price, you can have one of HF's Heli Guru's build you a Dbl Bl Nano CPX with no issues, no problems, no hassles...and all the power you'll need

I did Mine, and haven't looked back
I just don't know what I'd do with all that extra time if I wasn't fixing my heli's. Oh yea, I'd fly them. Yea, I've wanted to go brushless tail, but haven't wanted to drop that much money into one micro heli. Maybe when I go WILD, I will do the tail, too.
hookedonflying is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2014, 07:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

When you consider all the motor/power issues of the nCPX, the move to DBL BL becomes a simple matter of economics vs hair loss...

You can spend $100 or so and get it done right...or you can spend $20 five times and still be in stock mode with the same issues and headaches
Old 04-17-2014, 12:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
When you consider all the motor/power issues of the nCPX, the move to DBL BL becomes a simple matter of economics vs hair loss...

You can spend $100 or so and get it done right...or you can spend $20 five times and still be in stock mode with the same issues and headaches
I think that I'm starting to see that. My only issue is that I crash so darn much that I'm concerned with having to do frame replacements. Maybe that's unwarranted.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsyouruncle View Post
I think that I'm starting to see that. My only issue is that I crash so darn much that I'm concerned with having to do frame replacements. Maybe that's unwarranted.
Frame replacements why?

If it's because of breaking canopy pins, might I suggest a trick I saw on here. On your new frame, cut the canopy pins off about halfway down the "fat" section intentionally. Then hold them together and shrink some heat shrink tubing around them to keep them together, then shrink another tube over that. This way, when you crash, you can just pop the canopy pins back on and take off again.

I haven't flown my nano in weeks because I have yet to do my frame replacement due to broken canopy pins.
ThatVWguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2014, 02:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did the heatshrink on the pins. I have a bad habit of overtightening, so maybe it's me but a screw hole for both the board and a servo on my current frame are cracked open. I also have a cracked skid mounting hole. I just know I would get that thing all glued up walk outside and immediately break something no one has ever heard of breaking and end up having to cut it all out and re installing.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Nano with HH brushless settings?

**I see this question all over with no answer can someone chime in....now please**

I have the factory brushless on 1 of my Nanos and I don't even fly it, tail blow out is terrible!

I also have a stock nano that will put the brushless to shame every single flight!

To fix the brushless I; tri flowed the tail motor, kbdd tail motor, secured all points of the tail and boom and also have numerous 45c lipos all with 50% luck. It helps but tail still blows out.

Sent From My Dx7 Flying My Brushless MCPX
splatt860 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2014, 01:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatt860 View Post
**I see this question all over with no answer can someone chime in....now please**

I have the factory brushless on 1 of my Nanos and I don't even fly it, tail blow out is terrible!

I also have a stock nano that will put the brushless to shame every single flight!

To fix the brushless I; tri flowed the tail motor, kbdd tail motor, secured all points of the tail and boom and also have numerous 45c lipos all with 50% luck. It helps but tail still blows out.

Sent From My Dx7 Flying My Brushless MCPX
Adjust the pitch servo travel to around -65 / +65 that should help
Old 04-19-2014, 05:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got my new board and motor in the mail yesterday and installed and flew quite a bit. I have the 125mm solid boom and mcpx motor and rotor. With my previous HH bl setup I saw quite a bit of tbo. I've adjusted the pitch throw down to 90%. My ail/elev DR is 120 and expo 20 I have no or very minimal tbo now. The only thing that I changed settingwise was the pitch throw. I beat up my old motor pretty bad, as the TH button on my Dx4 only worked sometimes. Now I have a new Tx. I know the pitch helps but maybe the new motor is healthier. I'm pretty satisfied with the way it flies now. I've got some lynx tail blades coming but the stock seem adequate.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also run the bullet blades. I have a set of lynx 85mm bullet blades. Maybe some of that might help. Oh ya.... I also soldered the esc into the 3n1 to cut out the extra connector. I just used the stock wire and snipped it down and soldered it on.

I also had a question about throttle curve. Is the v curve just to cut down on tbo problems or is there some other reason for not running 100%?
Old 04-19-2014, 05:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsyouruncle View Post
I got my new board and motor in the mail yesterday and installed and flew quite a bit. I have the 125mm solid boom and mcpx motor and rotor. With my previous HH bl setup I saw quite a bit of tbo. I've adjusted the pitch throw down to 90%. My ail/elev DR is 120 and expo 20 I have no or very minimal tbo now. The only thing that I changed settingwise was the pitch throw. I beat up my old motor pretty bad, as the TH button on my Dx4 only worked sometimes. Now I have a new Tx. I know the pitch helps but maybe the new motor is healthier. I'm pretty satisfied with the way it flies now. I've got some lynx tail blades coming but the stock seem adequate.
No harm in reducing the pitch travel a bit more and eliminate all the tbo...that way you can use full pos/neg collective when you need it
Old 04-19-2014, 05:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
No harm in reducing the pitch travel a bit more and eliminate all the tbo...that way you can use full pos/neg collective when you need it
The deep v throttle curve gives the tail just enough time to speed up when you need it...other than that, it's the same as running a flat curve...you won't notice much difference otherwise except for the tbo that you eliminate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in