Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro

Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro Helicopter Factory Support Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 11:29 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Leave my buddy Clyde alone you little rodent.

My HF Map location
BigVanVader is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2010, 08:41 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

The weight from the wire braid caused the servo to become unplugged from the receiver. humm

Seems to me that you think you are the end all of knowledge when it comes to heli's. If someone wants to build there heli there way that is there choice. This thread IS NOT asking for any advice what so ever!

The wire braid wieghts a couple grams. If you wire pulled out it was not from the wieght of the wire braid unless you servo wire was so loose it would fall out anyway. Sounds like you didn't get the wires plugged in all the way. But I know guys are always looking for excuses for failures and crashes other than the obvious human error.

Why would you come in this thread and trash it?
devens is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2010, 12:06 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't consider advising that there is very limited space under the radio tray "trashing this thread" so good luck to you sir.

You post "Bling, Mods, and Upgrades" and when people respond their trashing the thread

Last edited by Foxden; 10-03-2010 at 07:16 AM..
Foxden is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2010, 07:08 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Metal servo horns arent going ot break all gears on every crash, I crashed on a hard top and broke 2 servos but one survived, i think your safer if you get to fly over grass.

I broke all servos using plastic horns, it really depends on how you crash, you might have a better chance of breaking the servos if the links dont break.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:13 PM   #25 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Reggy I was thinking more along the lines of preventing this

Old 10-04-2010, 07:14 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ouch, I ran the radial Quick UKs on my 8717s, might depend on the servo?
Old 10-05-2010, 05:10 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Off topic ALERT.. Off topic ALERT.. Off topic ALERT...

Making friends and influencing people is a good thing. There's even a book. In it they write metal servo arms and wheels cost more than they ever save. They also write, listen to the voice of experience especially Capi and Clyde. C squared have helped so many people in the Outrage section, myself included. They're both Class Acts (by Capi's definition, too! )

Scott

Spartan Vortex Inside,Team Scorpion
KBDD Team Pilot ):>

dunkonu23 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2010, 08:31 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks! I will be sure to stay away from those cheap Outrage servos.

D
Old 10-05-2010, 08:52 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by devens View Post
Thanks For trashing my thread

D
Were not trashing your thread, just sharing our ideas to help you out
Look at the first post, he wanted you to save money if a crash happened.
He didnt call you a name for using metal horns did he?
Old 10-05-2010, 09:21 AM   #30 (permalink)
BTB
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
The weight from the wire braid caused the servo to become unplugged from the receiver. humm

Seems to me that you think you are the end all of knowledge when it comes to heli's. If someone wants to build there heli there way that is there choice. This thread IS NOT asking for any advice what so ever!

The wire braid wieghts a couple grams. If you wire pulled out it was not from the wieght of the wire braid unless you servo wire was so loose it would fall out anyway. Sounds like you didn't get the wires plugged in all the way. But I know guys are always looking for excuses for failures and crashes other than the obvious human error.

Why would you come in this thread and trash it?
The wire braid material stretches when you open it to put the wire in and is locked in that position with shrink tubing. Once in a while the branding will have enough strength to Tory and pull back on itself and when it does that your servo lead will unplug. One more thing servo branding looks really nice but imo it is a pita to work with because it makes the servo wires have less flex, takes up needed space sometimes, and transfers vibes. Help is a good thing even when its not asked for.

Minicopter Diabolo 700 / Mikado Logo 550sx
BTB is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2010, 09:51 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

You should note that the servo in the picture is a Hitec. But it wouldn't help this fellow's ranting, I suppose. Please keep up the tantrum. It's very funny to watch. TimT
Tim Tompkins is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2010, 10:41 AM   #32 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
well some day you will have enough personal experience that you wont have to rely on others. Although I am always willing to listen and form my own opinion.
Seems those two sentences are contradictory. There will always be someone who knows something you don't and to state that at some point you won't need anyone else's help is pretty arrogant. I think with this attitude, you'll find people's willingness to help you will be reduced dramatically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFG View Post
Reggy I was thinking more along the lines of preventing this

Hey, I recognize that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tompkins View Post
You should note that the servo in the picture is a Hitec. But it wouldn't help this fellow's ranting, I suppose. Please keep up the tantrum. It's very funny to watch. TimT
That pic was from my last Trex 500 crash. Blew up all 3 servos on that one. (Check out my "Carnage" album for more pics) Outrage, Futaba, JR, Hitec.. doesn't matter.. If you crash hard enough you're gonna puke gears and like was stated previously, plastic arms will probably absorb some of those forces better than metal arms.

What you use is your choice and judging by the responses in this thread, you're going to do what you want anyways.

No helicopters were harmed in the creation of this post.
AMA CD # 7309, Turbine Waiver# RW 890
Click Here For Bergen Intrepid Turbine Build Videos
Skiddz is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2010, 11:48 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tompkins View Post
Lady's and Gents, this is the man who has over 40 years of RC experience, he is also the gentlemen that taught Steven Fox how to fly RC heli's and the single person who taught me the most about this hobby, he witnessed the servo plug coming out as I heat shrinked right up against the back of the plug some 8 years ago and as BOBTHEBUILDER32 pointed out it had enough tension to pull out, I was a bit green back then just getting back into the hobby from a nasty divorce in the late 80's when I was flying my GMP Cricket
Old 10-05-2010, 11:52 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:

D
This speaks highly to your skill set, the servo shown is a Hi-tech not an Outrage servo.

I believe everyone that responded pretty much hit the nail on the head, you had no intention of listening to anyone, so I think the best thing for all of us is to simply let you go on your merry way, good luck to you sir.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:22 PM   #35 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxden View Post
Lady's and Gents, this is the man who has over 40 years of RC experience, he is also the gentlemen that taught Steven Fox how to fly RC heli's and the single person who taught me the most about this hobby

So it's his fault !!!
Old 10-05-2010, 01:33 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone thats been in the hobby long enough can tell its a Hitec servo by looking at the twisted red/black/yellow wires.Same can be said about the aluminum servo arms/wheels,say bye bye to your servo gears or whole servo like the pic above if you crash good.Lots of misleading info from the op on servo brand and the cnc arms.
flyinghigh450 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2010, 08:01 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddz View Post
Seems those two sentences are contradictory. There will always be someone who knows something you don't and to state that at some point you won't need anyone else's help is pretty arrogant. I think with this attitude, you'll find people's willingness to help you will be reduced dramatically.
See I was gonna be nice and ignore that comment but then he didn't have the time to answer the question I asked...but Clyde did...imagine that....
Old 10-05-2010, 10:43 PM   #38 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheDeck View Post
Anyone thats been in the hobby long enough can tell its a Hitec servo by looking at the twisted red/black/yellow wires.Same can be said about the aluminum servo arms/wheels,say bye bye to your servo gears or whole servo like the pic above if you crash good.Lots of misleading info from the op on servo brand and the cnc arms.
Servo wasn't completely destroyed.. Had the top stayed intact instead of splitting a gear shaft mount (like the 5245s are prone to do) I may not have even chipped a gear. All 3 servos got new gears and a new top and work just fine. Having said that, I don't run the aluminum arms anymore.

I *did* obliterate an HS65MG in one of those "lawn dart from orbit" crashes on my 450SE - broken circuit board and everything - but the heli only lost blades, main and feathering shafts and a main-gear. Guess it depends on the crash.

No helicopters were harmed in the creation of this post.
AMA CD # 7309, Turbine Waiver# RW 890
Click Here For Bergen Intrepid Turbine Build Videos
Skiddz is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2010, 07:37 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

unbelievable

Do you mind if I build my heli the way I want to? This thread did not ask for any help! Your egotistical selves think you know it all. You can't even follow the rules of the forum and have no respect for the forum, a persons thread or others.

What part of I have been flying for SEVERAL years and NEVER blown up a servo with metal arms do you not get? Not in a giant scale plane or a helicopter. I will say I don't fly my heli over concrete or in front of semi's or whatever happened to your smashed bird. Seems my little plastic ball links come off way before any servo explodes.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:11 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

D
Crikey - what a grade A1 troll you are dude!!!
bloogyct is offline        Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in