Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2015, 05:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Failing 3GX ?

I'm flying a Trex 450 plus DFC with 3GX MRS. I've owned it from new and have learned to fly on it. I've crashed and rebuilt many times and love to fly fast rolls and flips and inverted etc. Beautiful weather in Akaroa this weekend and managed 16 batteries.

Fitted brand new metal tail rotor housing on Friday and noticed a nice improvement over the old worn plastic set up

Over the last 3 flights I started to notice the tail becoming less and less responsive to the point that it was becoming dangerous. I found that by reducing head speed the tail would respond and I could regain control. Then on a long low head speed descending fly past the helicopter rolled about 70degrees over and fell to the ground. Throttle hold and reactions on saved any damage and I was able to fly again quickly. But there is definately an issue as the tail now wants to randomly choose its direction but still takes inputs from me.

Haven't changed anything and this is pretty much the same heli that came out of the box 300 flights ago.

I dont believe I have any serious vibration problem

Is my 3GX failing?
Flapping is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2015, 04:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Oh Damn. I'll post this so someone else might get the benefit of my experience.

There is no problem with the flybarless system.

Found 2 screws had come out of the new tail rotor housing causing it to move about. (Of course I didn't loctite them) Destroyed both bearings. Must have had major vibration issues.

Great. My trusty 3GX continues to be just that.
Flapping is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in