Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora

Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora Avant Mostro, Aurora, Electric eAurora, RigidCore Flybarless Head, Avant EFX and Avant FX Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2015, 05:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Avant Mostro Nitro vs. JR Vibe 90 SG FBL

Hi!

I want to buy a 90 nitro. In my opinion there are only two machines worth buying: Mostro N und Vibe. Which one would you prefer?

I tend to the Vibe cause the quality is outstanding. Beside I do not know where to buy spare parts for the Mostro in Europe.

Thanks for your opinion!

Chris
Gyro_Gearloose is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2015, 05:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have three Vibe 50s (two older models and one NEX). They are nice, well built machines.

I find the Vibes to be on the heavier side. The Mostro is an entirely different machine, in a different league, much more modern and lightweight. I can't speak to parts availability in Europe, but no problems getting parts from CarbonXtreme.
JesusFreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2015, 09:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

I belive Avant's Carbon Extreme http://www.carbonxtreme.com ships internationally and I know one of their distributors routinely ships internationally.

http://www.amain.com/international-shipping/i3

But I'm clueless on the vibe.
Hawk404 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2015, 10:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

mostro spares can be bought from Midland helicopters in the UK

http://www.modelhelicopters.co.uk/
tony stevens is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2015, 05:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

Years ago I had a Vibe .90 SG flybarred version. It was on the heavier side and parts were $$$$$$. From what I remember side frames were $150 a side and they had so many un-necessary holes in them, I think to save weight, that they broke towards the front landing skid event on a "light" crash. The side frames were so swiss cheesed that there wasn't enough meat up front. It seemed to me the machine was better suited to FAI rather than 3D. The machine never took off here in the states because of $$$ and it had no resale when I sold it. No one wanted it because of the parts cost. At this point that machine is old technology. Go with Mostro and don't look back. - Kris
kris is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2015, 09:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

The new JR Forza 700 would be a more appropriate comparison. I like the styling of the Mostro a little better and I like that it's made in the USA. The plus side on JR is they make good quality stuff, and it's a little cheaper. I really hope JR can build some market share here in the US again, but I'm happy with my Aurora and Mostro, because not every Joe has one.
JesusFreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2015, 07:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusFreak View Post
The new JR Forza 700 would be a more appropriate comparison. I like the styling of the Mostro a little better and I like that it's made in the USA.
Actually not in this case. The the forza is an electric. The only 700 nitro JR has is the Vibe 90. There is no other up to date nitro in the market other than the Mostro nitro.
GA-3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2015, 10:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA-3D View Post
There is no other up to date nitro in the market other than the Mostro nitro.
Ummmm? No.

Why has no one mentioned the dominant nitro to buy at the moment? Synergy N7. Released just last year, it is just as "up-to-date" as the Mostro.

There is also the Thunder Tiger E700 glow conversion you can purchase from here: http://store.gas-powered-helicopters...gory-s/134.htm RMJ Designs UK makes the kit which means you would have easy access to it locally.
Steve_JR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2015, 10:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_JR View Post

Why has no one mentioned the dominant nitro to buy at the moment? Synergy N7. Released just last year, it is just as "up-to-date" as the Mostro.
wouldn't you agree that the Synergy 7 would be more comparable to the Aurora, rather than the Mostro?

I mean look at the 2 helis, look at the engineering, principle, frames, canopies, system, tail, etc..

I would feel it was a lot fairer to compare the Synergy to the Aurora, not the Mostro.

Mostro

Synergy 7

Aurora

Kind regards

Alex
Alex M K is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2015, 11:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My post wasn't meant to compare one heli to another but rather debate the point made that the Mostro was the only "modern nitro." In order to do this, you have to define what "modern" means. My take is this:

"Modern Nitro"

- low parts count
- light weight
- FBL optimized from birth
- non-stacked frame design
- direct-to-swash servo control (you could debate this)
- ability to handle the power and gear ratio of larger nitro engines
- allocation for modern electronics (FBL controller, RX/Sat's, LiPo batt)
- CG-neutral fuel tank location

I'm not making the claim that the Aurora isn't modern for nitros, in fact it really is. But the N7 and Mostro both have the above listed features. Just because one manufacturer implements the above mentioned items in a unique way, doesn't necessarily make it "more modern." Aspects like DFC vs. follower arms, no boom supports, boom covers doesn't make something modern in design... maybe modern in fashion?

Avant has a semi-unique thing going with their "rigid-block" design, which is cool. But that doesn't mean they have the only modern nitro on the market.
Old 03-08-2015, 01:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
My post wasn't meant to compare one heli to another but rather debate the point made that the Mostro was the only "modern nitro." In order to do this, you have to define what "modern" means. My take is this:

"Modern Nitro"

- low parts count
- light weight
- FBL optimized from birth
- non-stacked frame design
- direct-to-swash servo control (you could debate this)
- ability to handle the power and gear ratio of larger nitro engines
- allocation for modern electronics (FBL controller, RX/Sat's, LiPo batt)
- CG-neutral fuel tank location

I'm not making the claim that the Aurora isn't modern for nitros, in fact it really is. But the N7 and Mostro both have the above listed features. Just because one manufacturer implements the above mentioned items in a unique way, doesn't necessarily make it "more modern." Aspects like DFC vs. follower arms, no boom supports, boom covers doesn't make something modern in design... maybe modern in fashion?

Avant has a semi-unique thing going with their "rigid-block" design, which is cool. But that doesn't mean they have the only modern nitro on the market.
ahh ok..cool..I see your point..English is not my first language and sometimes I miss things or misunderstand them as well.. sorry

I actually have had occasions where I am writing something with what is a nice tone in my language, and it comes out as if I am being a dick in English...
Old 03-08-2015, 03:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

You've got one up on me there, I only speak English. It's embarrassing because my wife is Cuban and I can't hold a conversation in Spanish worth a damn.

I didn't take offence to anything you said, I just wanted to clarify my statement is all.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Ummmm? No.

There is also the Thunder Tiger E700 glow conversion you can purchase from here: http://store.gas-powered-helicopters...gory-s/134.htm RMJ Designs UK makes the kit which means you would have easy access to it locally.

I think you're not understanding what I meant with up-to-date. I didn't mention those because those just seem as recycled old-school designs with boom supports, single stage drives, huge ugly main gears, fat canopies and many other old-school things like that therefore not up-to-date. Current electrics like the banshee, goblin, most german designs, the diabolo, the tdr are similar to the Mostro so the only nitro that is similar to the new modern up-to-date electric stuff with quiet belt drive, rugged boom, monoblock and other more up-to-date features is the Mostro nitro.
GA-3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2015, 09:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mostro all the way!

Tom
stang281472 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2015, 02:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang281472 View Post
Mostro all the way!

Tom

LIKE !!!
Old 03-27-2015, 08:36 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default mostro

Mostro Vs Snergy U.S.vs China I'll take US Own a mostro friend owns snergy.Odd frame configuration. Nicely machined though have to say .More then likely both machines will do what you want .Buy what stirs your heart .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in