Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 10:57 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is freaking smart! I was trying to wrap my head around where to mount the 2nd unit and that looks like it should work! Have you flown this configuration yet?
Canadian Man is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2010, 11:27 PM   #22 (permalink)

My HF Map location

burton8012 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2010, 11:29 PM   #23 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoritis View Post
Yes the tail does kick on the bench and chances are that it will kick out in the air, my V1 will do it 2 out of about 10 flights, I also have the V2 and it is much better no tail kick and smoother piro. But I have the Spartan Quark on the Trex 600 3G v1 to eliminate that problem. I mounted it.........Well as you can see and I have no problems,
I am currently changing all the bearings on the heli, its service time, but one strip of 3M 4010 tape and then right on top, Velcro down, No problems. Now it is really a perfect FBL.
when u say V1 and V2 are you talking about different versions of the 3g's firmware or units themselves ?
burton8012 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2010, 10:58 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, I have the Version 2 on the Trex 700, and V1 on the 600, Everything after April that has been shipped from ALIGN should be V2, you can look on the Control box of the Unit and it will have a number and in front of V2, It's just the Firmware as you stated, the unit did not change just the Firmware, Align should be releasing the USB so you can just plug it in and update the firmware for free.

And yes, I have been flying this set-up for about 20 flights and not a single problem, I too had a been trying to come up with a place for it, when I got an Idea. So, like any normal person.....lets see what happens when I do This,
It works and since the Anti-vibration plate is already on the 3G unit, just one more tape on top and you should be good.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

very cleaver solution to the problem

nightflyr is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2010, 09:54 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoritis View Post
Yes the tail does kick on the bench and chances are that it will kick out in the air, my V1 will do it 2 out of about 10 flights, I also have the V2 and it is much better no tail kick and smoother piro. But I have the Spartan Quark on the Trex 600 3G v1 to eliminate that problem. I mounted it.........Well as you can see and I have no problems,
I am currently changing all the bearings on the heli, its service time, but one strip of 3M 4010 tape and then right on top, Velcro down, No problems. Now it is really a perfect FBL.
Wouldn't the Spartan hit the canopy on the 600??

MIck

aussiemick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2010, 01:19 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The 600 will work, but your are right in your thinking, it is very close, I just put the 3G unit back as far as I could on the plate, then the same with the Spartan on top, it just fits, or you can switch to a 700 Canopy,

I use 700 Canopies on the 600, Sssssshhhhh she don't know she's a 600.
I Use the LE 700 It gives a bigger profile and looks cool, The original 600, had sooo, many flighst on it and the canopy mount holes were the diameter of dime, it started to rub the swash, so while I was going to repair it, I used the 700, modified just a little, and I liked it.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:31 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I too have put my spartan on with my 3g. FLYS AWESOME now. After fighting with the wag for 3 weeks I actually had fun today flying my heli.

I put my spartan on first with the metal plate. Spartan tape between the plate and heli. Layer of align tape then spartan gyro. Layer of 3m tape then 3G sensor on top.Stap this all down.

2 crappy things to mention.

1. I can no longer see the light on top of the spartan. Not a big deal once it's programed.

2. With out the gyro hooked up on the 3g unit, after it initializes the led is only every red. It works fine. you can check the unit's compensation to make sure it's working.

cheers
Old 05-12-2010, 09:52 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well,
Glad to hear things are flying well, But I noticed that you put the Gyro under the 3G, I suggested the opposite, I have the 3G on the bottom, and then the Spartan on top (so you CAN see the light), and easier to switch back when/if you want.

Just my observation, but really If it flys great then your ok, I just like to see the Blue light, and this will allow you to still be able to program the unit, Just My opinion.
And yes the 3G units tail gyro will show Red, it senses Rate Mode, due to no wire leads hooked up, just watch for your up-down swash.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:35 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks.

Yea the only reason I put the gyro down first is because it's a spartan 760 so the size was an issue. I don't know if it would work so good the other way.

jon
Old 05-13-2010, 03:56 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Guys I was about to order the trex700E 3G combo till I read ur posts. I mean really what sort of FBL system is this if I too will probably need to use another gyro? Unless the V2 has completely fixed the tail kick issue, I think I'll go for the FB version!
Spindle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2010, 04:08 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

compared to how many units are out in service, the few that get a tail kick are for sure a minority.

I wouldnt be worried about getting the 3G version

Mick

aussiemick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2010, 07:24 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah I guess u r right, the only problem I'm facing now is should I get the 550E as well or not! With the 550 I can get four flights with the four Turnigys I've ordered and from the vids it looks like a powerful machine. Decisions, decisions lol.
Spindle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2010, 03:39 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Can a Spartan Gyro work with the 3G sytem

Can the gyro wires be unplugged from the 3g main unit? Or are you guys just tying them down?

- matt
mc82 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2010, 04:56 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't have a 3G yet to look at yet so forgive the dumb question. Can you just leave the 3G tail gyro off and use a spartan etc ? Or does it use the same sensor for tail as it does for cyclic? Ordered the V2 so i am hoping the one I get does not have this problem.
robertsm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2010, 06:29 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

the sensor for the flybarless is needed still to correct the swash, what we're doing is just not using the rudder wires. on the 3g they're a separate connection into the main unit. I seem to recall they're a plug and I can pull it out - just don't want to screw it up if they're not.

- M
mc82 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2010, 09:24 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc82 View Post
the sensor for the flybarless is needed still to correct the swash, what we're doing is just not using the rudder wires. on the 3g they're a separate connection into the main unit. I seem to recall they're a plug and I can pull it out - just don't want to screw it up if they're not.

- M
So the there is only one sensor unit on the 3g which provides info for rudder and cyclic. The other box is just for inputs/outputs etc. Thanks for clarifying for me. Good thing spartans can be had very cheap now.
robertsm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2010, 01:03 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 3G

The 3G that is coming with the new models be it a 700E or 550E will be the Version 2 of the 3G and will have the Firmware up date, and it has cleared up the tail kick, and piro rate. I fly both and really like them both, it was just that I had the tail kick on the V1, it wasn't that bad, but it was there and I never knew when it would do it.
I Already had the Spartan, so I just tried it out.
The wires I wrapped up and tucked in, When the upgrade for the system comes out the Spartan will be off and the 3G will be 100% a V2.

It was said here earlier and it's true, there are many, many, 3G systems out there and here you may only hear from those that have a problem or set-up issue.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:41 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

here is what i did for mounting gyro, i placed my batt and reciever together on top of bracket of my 600 and placed my gyro on bottom of bracket upside down,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00099-20100514-1800.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	157327  
lazsyss350 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2010, 03:03 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the same experience even with the new 2.1. update...piros are simply absolutly inconstant during the flight. During hovering it is o.k. Any idea what to do now ?
xfive is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in