Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Minicopter Joker/Diabolo Helicopters

Minicopter Joker/Diabolo Helicopters Minicopter Joker/Diabolo Helicopters Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2014, 12:52 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwood View Post

Kontronik Pyro 800-48 L
Kosmic 200
MKS X8 BHL850 cyclic servos
MKS X8 BHL880 tail servo
VBar Blue (full size)
Paul, something to note with the P800-48 is that as it uses an 8mm shaft you're limited to pinion sizes 18T - 22T. This in turns limits the head speed range on both 12S and 14S. It means you can't run low head speed (e.g. <1800) on 14S and high head speed (>2100) on 12S.
thefrog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2014, 01:17 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Speaking from personal experience. I have run run my P800 48 on 18T with a K160 from 1000 upto 1900 twiddling with the throttle curve, on 14S.
The active freewheeling of the Kosmik works beautifully.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:04 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default P800 48 RPM Range on 14S K160 18T

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Triabolo P800 18T RPM range.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	534952  
Old 09-09-2014, 03:03 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi guys

Thanks for the info. I will be running 12s and had looked a the 21t and 22t pinions.

Did the check out of my crashed equipment.
Motor needs a vacation in Germany for a few days. There is a dent in the case....

If it can't be repaired, what would be the best alternative?
The same motor?

Regards
Paul
pwood is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2014, 07:32 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsodhi View Post
Speaking from personal experience. I have run run my P800 48 on 18T with a K160 from 1000 upto 1900 twiddling with the throttle curve, on 14S.
The active freewheeling of the Kosmik works beautifully.
Interesting graph, so throttle % around 54% - 68% - 74% ? That's way off the calculator values, that's why I didn't go 14S. I also wanted to run the Kosmik close to 78-80% in IU2.
thefrog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2014, 05:58 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys

Just got back from FedEx.....

Pyro 800 and Kosmic going for a visit to Germany.
Hope its not too expensive.

This is the only thing that got damaged in my XXX crash..... besides destroying the heli...lol

Regards
Paul
Old 09-10-2014, 09:35 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guy

Diabolo ordered.
Need to make final choices on option parts.

Can't wait.

Thanks for all the pointers.
Regards
Paul
Old 09-11-2014, 12:07 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
This I would love to see, please video it if it happens.
Thanks

Better put a standard canopy on it for that flight.
Well...once Tareq heard Paul is going for the Daibolo he is trying to convert him to the Goblin...Tareq just dropped off his Goblin for Paul to test and try...heehee... Cant wait to hear what you think Paul....

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tareq Golin.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	535349  
wblombard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2014, 01:32 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys

Yes, it was very kind and gracious of Tareq to lend me his Goblin....
Setup & Test hover in the street. All OK.

Batteries are charging......

Regards
Paul

PS: I have already ordered a Diabolo, so this is just for fun. You don't get an offer like this every day.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:48 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now you must return the favour. I think Tareq rushed over to "lend" you his Goblin so that you will have to "lend" him your Diabolo.
Nice work Tareq...
Old 09-11-2014, 08:43 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do heart a Goblin.. Very nice heli's
Diabolo S #41
TDR 2
The others come and go..
craigdieselmac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2014, 09:10 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwood View Post
Hi guys

Thanks for the info. I will be running 12s and had looked a the 21t and 22t pinions.

Did the check out of my crashed equipment.
Motor needs a vacation in Germany for a few days. There is a dent in the case....

If it can't be repaired, what would be the best alternative?
The same motor?

Regards
Paul

I would recommend a 750-56 normal or the comp version. and run at 2100 head speed. This opens up your pinion options a lot for 12s. or get the 750-50 which can run both 12 and 14s.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:46 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Now you must return the favour. I think Tareq rushed over to "lend" you his Goblin so that you will have to "lend" him your Diabolo.
Nice work Tareq...
I would like to see that video.

The only upgrades that my Goblin 630/Speed really needed was the HPS head and Lynx trussed landing gear mounts. The Speed is my training heli.
tgiencke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2014, 02:38 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys

Sorry for the delay. Work got in the way..... St. Petersburg ( Russia ), Bahrain and a workout in 'The Sim'.. Been a rough few days.

I had 5 flights on Tareq's Goblin. It was setup with SAB blades, mks x8 servos, Ikon FBL and Scorpion 4530 / Kosmik 200.

This is the 2nd time I've had one of his Goblins. I was given his very first pre production one and asked to 'make it work'

The short story. I still don't like it.

The long story. It is an amazing machine, just begging to be abused. It is powerful on the controles and has a huge presence in the air. But you all knew that..... To say it is a bad or poor machine, I would be lying. It just doesn't do it for me.

Thank to Tareq for the opportunity to fly one of you machines. It just reassured me that a Diabolo will be my next machine.

Regards
Paul
Old 09-18-2014, 02:04 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Goblins are hot rods for sure.. Not my cup of tea for everyday flying either.. But they are fun to take out every once in awhile and beat up. I am going to set up my Diabolo like I had my Goblin so I can get that taste back again.. Only with a smooth German heli.
Diabolo S #41
TDR 2
The others come and go..
Old 09-18-2014, 07:02 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdieselmac View Post
Goblins are hot rods for sure.. Not my cup of tea for everyday flying either.. But they are fun to take out every once in awhile and beat up. I am going to set up my Diabolo like I had my Goblin so I can get that taste back again.. Only with a smooth German heli.
It took some serious work and alot of aftermarket parts. Including a rash of Bob's RcTek parts, boca ceramics, and tons of custom work. But my Gobs now fly as whisper quietly as my Diabolo, but with with slightly higher vibes, mainly due to the fact the Tri head just doesn't show many vibes whatsoever on my Tri. It is uncanny how low I got all the vibes and how tight all the tolerances are on my fleet. But they do fly entirely differently than the Diabolo in feel as well as a far different cog layout. In fact, my SHS Gob 800 rolls pretty similarly to my Triablo, but it has a high cog also.

I just got in my upgraded main gear for my Tri, along with a new KT 800-40 to try with a custom machined 18t 8mm shaft gear. 14s really shines compared to the 12s in every heli I have changed over to. But with the right motor 12s works. In my case my gen 3 Kde motors churn out more raw power than the KT Comp does. How do I know? I had one. Although it supposedly peaks a little higher the Kde had more grunt.

You know what is weird, late one night I actually fitted my Gob 800 with the Diabolo canopy, and other than needing to clearance one of the servo's. The thing fit and looked great!
Old 09-18-2014, 07:17 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wish I had the time to fret over vibes as you do.. If it doesn't shake enough for me to see or feel on here bench.. I'm good with it generally. I miss that punch my 700 Gob had.. But my Diabolo will have it too.. I've got plenty of time in the near future to make it so
Diabolo S #41
TDR 2
The others come and go..
Old 09-19-2014, 01:08 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't forget FBL settings (also the unit it's self) and expo have a lot to do with feeling/punch, as well as raw power and higher headspeeds
Old 09-19-2014, 02:44 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdieselmac View Post
I wish I had the time to fret over vibes as you do.. If it doesn't shake enough for me to see or feel on here bench.. I'm good with it generally. I miss that punch my 700 Gob had.. But my Diabolo will have it too.. I've got plenty of time in the near future to make it so
Well, I only seem to address the vibes when I have the time and parts. I have flown all summer with one that had higher head vibes and another with tail vibes that irritated me. One day when I was flying sick, lack of sleep, and med influenced, it was a really bad day. I was just a tick off in every movement. So each heli had a dirt nap of some kind. Mild or hard. After that I spent every evening tearing into two of them and addressing the vibes shown on the logs. I take some pride in how quiet and well behaved my fleet is. The lack of any vibes also translates down into how much actual flight times I am seeing. By getting rid of virtually all of them, I extended my times out a full minute in some cases. And that with me flying harder. I call that a win win. And I am aware, it isn't for everyone. In some ways when I run my Sk540, which is blind. It is kinda nice not knowing, but I hate it also. Trying to guess where something is coming from, or flying blind with helis this expensive. The worry if something is giving out. I would rather stay on top of it and know. So having a fbl system that points out exactly what each part is doing on the entire heli? To me that is just priceless.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in