Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2014, 11:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Okay Dad, Stop Buying Blade Helicopters!

Okay, so it seems this past year Dad has purchased a few Blade helicopters. I love Blade helicopters as I've had their micro's up to the 130x "which I flew more than Dad."
Now he's got a 300x which I've ben flying, a 450x, and I just now saw a 500x. I would love to take these birds off his hands and pair them all to my DX7.

Now that he has these three larger birds, I'm considering selling off my micro's as it seems to get too windy to fly on Wednesdays.

Can anybody tell me any flaws in the 500x that needs upgrading? I hope to fly it tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2014, 02:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do a little research in the 500x forum, pretty easy to.find what you're looking for when you look.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Honestly, make sure it's not got the recalled tail grips and fly the snot out of it.
terryv83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2014, 06:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varc View Post
Can anybody tell me any flaws in the 500x that needs upgrading? I hope to fly it tomorrow.
Metal tail grips. I consider this a necessary safety upgrade. You might destroy them in a crash, but they won't come flying off. If you lose a tail grip in-flight, you'll end up exploding the tail case. All of the other metal parts aren't necessary, IMO. But I do have most of the option parts because I like the 500x enough to turn it into a "PRO" class heli.

Ground your tail boom and silicon spray your belt. My AR7200BX appears to have been damaged. The only reason I can think of is the ESD's that other have proven to exist.

Unlike the 450x, the servos are decent, the esc is good and the motor is fine. Nothing else really needs to be upgraded. I think the 500x has the least out of the box problems out of Blade's BNF lineup.
xenophobe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2014, 07:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

LOL sounds like my dad but he wont buy anything bigger then a 450 size LOL wish he would I love 500 size he just owns (3) 450's (2) 130s (3) MCPX V1 (3) MCPX BL
trex 450 (1) blade cpp (1) MSR

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2014, 08:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks guy's for the inputs. I'll see if I can test-fly it soon, don't know if Wednesday's club-flying will be a go or not yet. My folks want to fly their full-size airplane and want me to pick them up at the other end. So, we'll see.
I'll read some more on the 500x thread. Thanks again!
Old 06-25-2014, 01:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like the 450x and the 500x. If I had to give one up, I'd give up both my 450x before giving up my 500x. The 500x has grace and presence that is kinda lacking on the 450x. It's also got just a tiny bit of that hang time the 450x lacks. It's also about the largest bird I can fly on my commercially zoned dead end nearly empty street. I think my 550x is a little too big for that area... haven't flown it yet, but soon enough!

Oh, I will say I do like my 450x much better with the 450H motor. I'm getting 6 1/2 minutes of flight time out of 2250mah packs @ 70%. The 440H motor would give me 4 1/2 minutes... that's using about 70% of the battery. At 6 minutes, I'm putting back 1500-1600mah.
xenophobe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in