Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 120 SR

120 SR Blade (eFlite) 120 SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2014, 03:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Starting them young

This is my middle child. My princess and she is begging me to get her own heli. She's 6 and loves "punky Brewster"... Can you tell? Haha. She is my copilot and never misses an opportunity to fly with me.

I'm thinking this Christmas might be a good time for her to get her own heli. She can zip around my little 3 channel ultra micros (air hog) helis pretty good. What would be an ideal first heli for her? Something durable and something that resembles a heli?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1413405086761.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	543095  
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2014, 03:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Get her one of THESE They are real stable and a blast . Replacement parts are readily available and cheap too!
Old 10-15-2014, 04:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default first heli

blade mcx2 best first heli
slash14 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2014, 06:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Scout is awesome, but kinda limited. HH has the mCX on clearance. It can be bound to a spectrum radio if you can find a BNF version. There's glow-in-the-dark parts and different colored blades and canopies on Ebay. MIA has some neat skids and canopies. She can customize it to her liking.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/horizon-...x-rtf-eflh2200

They're tough as nails too. My 9 yr old grandson (Isaiah) started with one. He flew it into every object imaginable. The canopy has a couple cracks in it. Scotch tape fixed that up. The only broken part....the flybar. Not really his or the heli's fault. He was flying it around his younger brother's head. (Noah) He got annoyed and threw his hat at it. One half of my brain was thinking, nice shot! The other half, don't do that again! Lol. Isaiah now has an mSR and Noah (5) flies the mCX. My son bought an mCX2 to join in on the fun.

I can't even count how many flights are on the mCX. The first 3 batteries died. Bought another 4 pack and it still keeps going. Worth every penny.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

For small kids it's better to start with an airplane. The planes are much easier to handle and less dangerous.

For sure you can take the Blade Mcx2, but it's only indoors.

As a plane you can take the 880 mm Hobbyzone "Delta Ray" twin engine jet and start from your hand.
Let it your kid land in the grass. Take an area without any obstacles.

My son, 8 years old, enjoys it and now wants a more powerful plane. But I don't give him a larger heli. It's just too dangerous.

Sven
lahannsven is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in