Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2016, 05:08 PM   #9941 (permalink)
Registered Users

A little update.

Been doing as much flying as I can while the weather lasts. All of it local los flying.

The me-262, is an absolute dream to fly. Did have one forced landing, ( no damage), when one ducted fan lost a motor leg. One df isn't enough to keep it flying at this altitude.
The retracts can be finiky.
Other than that, I am extremely happy with her.
What a presence in the air.

The wraith.
Put an Eagletree guardian stabilizer on her, plus an EZ osd/current sensor. The stabilizer makes her a dream to fly. Manually, she can be demanding at times. Not fun under goggles. Hope to take her out for her first long flight under the goggles tomorrow.

The Ranger is perfect. Got sick of too small of servo's burning out so upgraded them and redid the trims. She now flys much better.

The Park.
Utter rubbish. Not happy with her at all.

The Drak still working out video issues.

The Y600 is down with a motor issue.

QAV 250, such a blast to fly.

I picked up a Sbach 342. This thing is exactly what I was looking for in an aerobatic 60-size plane! Does everything very, very well. Recovery is like nothing else I have ever flown. She's now my favorite.

Cub is still on the work bench. She's going to be there for awhile until I get the move over.

I'll be moving next week or shortly after. Paying cash for the next place. Retirement around the corner, getting everything all ready for the transition.

Unfortunately, after the move I need to get the right knee replaced. So once again I'll be out of action.
once I return to work, (if I do ), the machine move happens and I'm out of a job.
Just another broken down discarded person,,, but one that is toy rich and nothing but time on his hands to play!
I couldn't venture a guess how many acft I have now. Between heli's, planes and multi's is got to be somewhere around 2 dozen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20160922_07_55_13_Pro.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	674264  

Last edited by Tomstoy2; 10-05-2016 at 02:16 AM..
Tomstoy2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2016, 04:10 PM   #9942 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good luck with the move and the knee Tom, but now for something more important.

How did the long run under the goggles go?

JK, of course the first bit is the most important, but still, how did it go?
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2016, 03:17 AM   #9943 (permalink)
Registered Users

Didn't happen. Got too busy on the move thing. Speaking of which, that happens tomorrow.
Got all my planes, multi's and heli's transfered to the new place. Only took 9 trips!
Old 10-28-2016, 11:52 AM   #9944 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What do you think Tom, do you need another toy?

CONVERGENCE VTOL 650MM BNF BASIC EFL11050 E FLITE (3 min 27 sec)
Old 10-28-2016, 01:17 PM   #9945 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutty View Post

CONVERGENCE VTOL 650MM BNF BASIC EFL11050 E FLITE - YouTube
been looking at that myself maybe a step into planes and drones ( the darkside )
Old 10-28-2016, 02:08 PM   #9946 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, I thought it looked fun. Not normally being one to rush in, I may wait until V2, when those who can't wait have thoroughly beta tested it on HH's behalf. .
Old 10-29-2016, 06:36 AM   #9947 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutty View Post

CONVERGENCE VTOL 650MM BNF BASIC EFL11050 E FLITE - YouTube
Pretty cool! But not for me, not now. I'm retired, no money.

Been a busy couple weeks.
The move has happened. I'm very happy with the new digs, 1300 sq.ft, so much easier to take care of. especially with a new IRobot vacuum cleaner roaming around.

So, 2 days before the move the transmission goes out on the Oldsmobile, forcing me to get another vehicle. I ended up with a 2013 Ford Fusion energi hybrid. Just love the damn thing!

The day of the move my right knee, the real one, goes totally out! Surgery is January 5th. Jeez, can't believe I'm going to do this all over again! Remember, all the issues I had with the left? To boot, my Dr. has told me to lay off the pain meds as much as possible.
Despite this, the move went off, abet expensive as hell. The old digs is on the market effective yesterday. Another expensive operation. I've done nothing but experience the most expensive month of my life.

So, no more toys.

Despite this, the past 4 days I have headed out to the club with my Sbach 342, flying the crap out of that plane. Just love this plane! Lost the canopy out in the middle of a wheat field once, Thought I was going to die out there finding it!

However, One of the 'fpv guys', got one of these.

86mph Foxtech Screamer Pentacopter (3 min 0 sec)

https://www.foxtechfpv.com/foxtech-s...opter-rtf.html

As you can see, it lives up to its name. He has a vid out racing vertically up a huge cliff face. Impressive as hell. Especially at that price.

Though, I see HH selling a billion of that vtol.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:54 AM   #9948 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Glad to hear the move is all done and dusted and that it went off more or less smoothly, even if a little more costly than you might have hoped.

Pity the knee went right in the middle of it, but I guess you knew it was going to need doing sometime soon. I'm sure things will go better than last time, at least fingers crossed anyway, and you can keep us updated nearer the time.

I wonder were you over doing the pain meds, or is he just hoping that if you back off somewhat now it will give you more chance of being able to make use of them afterwards, to take care of the post op pain.

Anyway, that aside, I don't know about a billion, but I reckon it's going to go well. The BNF aspect, and all ready to go, bar a little radio configuration will really appeal to people, including me. Pity it isn't the full job, because then they might get a bit closer to that figure.

By a full job I mean including GPS and all the features that could come with that, like RTL on signal loss, position hold, and much much more, just like is available with most MR autopilots, of which most in that area are used to.

I'll watch developments with interest.
Old 10-30-2016, 07:42 AM   #9949 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dr. just wants the post-op meds to have the best chance to do their job. Any I take now builds up a resistance.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:06 PM   #9950 (permalink)
Registered Users

Been a flying fool the past 2 weeks over at the club. Flown everything, working on everything.

Still had resolution issues on the Drak, so I've relocated the Vector controller away from the current sensor. She's ready to test, again.

The Wraith, almost there. Video was perfect until throttle up. I was pulling power for camera and vtx off the main battery, running thru a 12 volt transformer and lc filter. Problem was I pulled power aft of the current sensor, on the esc side. This caused snow all over when throttle was applied. I have since moved it to before the current sensor. Did a quick test on the bench, power applied, seems to work.

Darted in the me-262 a few days ago! Not too sure what happened yet. Luckly the wheat field has been turned so damage was manageable. A little super glue and a new nose steering servo and all is good.

Lost the canopy of the Sback342 out in the field. Took me almost an hour stumbling around out there on my bad knee before it was found. Was never so glad to take a pain killer when I got back!

Y600, been working on that today. Even flew it, but,,,, Need one more replacement esc. Had the tail dip a couple times unexpectedly. Should be ready this week.

The Cub. Been busy covering. Got one wing done. Took 12 hours to cover just one wing!

The Ranger is all ready. Last flight went extremely well.

The Park is parked. Flight ready, but since I got the Sbach I have had too much fun with it. It has turned into my favorite plane!

the qav250, broke the vtx, so waiting for a new one.

House isn't sold yet. Been on the market about 10 days now. Plenty of lookers. One couple twice. One cash low ball offer.

Enjoying the new digs. So much easier to take care of. Especially with an IRobot vacuum cleaner running around on its own.

The weather has been insanely nice for the last month, and still forcasted for the next 10 days, so will be biting the bullet and dealing with the pain, get as much flying in as I can before the weather hits. Hell, I haven't blown out the sprinkler system yet!
Old 11-22-2016, 02:46 PM   #9951 (permalink)
Registered Users

Been working on the Cub in my new model room, ( a work in progress ).

Covering just 1 wing took 12 hours!
I should have her covered before the surgery the 5th of January, but doping won't happen until spring, once I've recovered enough and the weather is nice.
Pretty exciting!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WIN_20161122_13_35_13_Pro.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	681369  
Old 12-07-2016, 01:55 PM   #9952 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Dug out the 450 for my first flight since May. I don't think I'd really forgotten, but some of my subtle control was gone, or it might have been a faulty servo. One of them sticks close to centre. Anyway, on landing on the first pack I was a little twitchy on collective, and touched it down too hard, and stripped the tail speed up gear.

Went back in and replaced it and flew another pack. All went well until the timer went and I thought, one more loop and then land. I got all muddled with collective, and didn't put any -ve in at the top. Instead I pushed more positive.

At the rate it was coming down and my brain locked in terms of collective, I thought I'de better get it over really quick with elevator, which I did.

Full collective and full elevator and it bogged bad, and the tail went around, and I was in all sorts of trouble. Briefly I thought I had it, but it was nearly dark, and my orientation was off, and in it went.

Got away with main blades, main shaft and canopy.

Flew it again after completing the rebuild today, and it was much better, as was I.

Glad to be back in the saddle, even if it was just with a baby.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:14 PM   #9953 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Denis checked in recently in the replacement parts thread, so I thought I'd say hello properly in here, by way of a quick update.

Progress had been slowed for a while, as I simply haven't been flying enough, and right now don't fancy it because of the weather, which has just been miserable, but summer should bring plenty of opportunities.

I hadn't been in the mood for a while due to work just being crazy busy, and me feeling like the buck stopped here in terms of trying to keep up, so I was rarely in the right frame of mind. However, since the start of February I've been in retirement, so I will now have much more time for all sorts of jobs, including heli maintenance and more flying, so I'm really looking forward to summer.

I was so close to jumping ship and just packing it in anyway, and had told my boss so on many occasions that if any redundancies came up I wanted to be considered, so when they did he had to offer me the choice. The company was making 800 IT techs redundant this year, and I'd volunteered, and he put the ball in motion on my behalf. I don't know how the other guys will now manage, but I couldn't let that affect my decision and I just jumped at the chance. I mean I was that close to jumping, and then, just like that, I got redundancy after over 30 years of long service, so how could I refuse. It's like free bonus money.

Not saying that they can't manage because I was so important, or so good, but because we were stretched so incredibly thin already. Anyway, hopefully they will somehow pull in additional resource from the pool of 800 guys, and someone who doesn't want to go can replace me.

The stress is now fading fast, and I'm finding that I rarely think about my former work, even though it's only been a month. I think I have forgotten what I even did. It's only when discussing it like this, to discuss with other people, that I even think about it. Of course I think about one or two of the guys there, and will keep in touch, but the work itself is just a distant memory already.

Anyway, hopefully more flying, and time for any of a whole bunch of projects I'd been wanting to deal with. Number one is already under way and is posted in the off topics section and is the renovation of an old trailer. Could have just bought new, but where's the fun in that!?
Old 03-01-2017, 02:40 PM   #9954 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oops...forgot to press post on this the other the day, so thank god i copied some of it!

Nice to hear your settling into retirement, with the lighter nights and warmer days returning soon, I'm sure it won't be long before you're feeling the need!

Most of all, it's been so long I wanted to get intouch to say I'm still about and haven't disappeared with them! Sounds like you'll be busy once summer kicks in, and as I hinted in the other thread, to get back to the club and chase out issues with the 600, I'll need transport and that's likely to be as long as another 12 months away. The last set of 3s packs I hardly used, and they're getting a bit puffed up now. I'm having a clear out of tools and sorting a few other bits, which is kind of what lead me back to here.

Decided to change jobs again, actually gone back to doing something similar as before in an office. Think I reported the crash in the van, that's coming up to 3yrs. The back injury never recovered whilst I was on the tools, doing heavy lifting and shifting all day. Then there was working for contractors who tell you your gonna get paid and don't. Was good while it lasted, but I can take a philosophical view that I started too late.

Been back in the regular job 3 months now, and my aching back and bones can't thank me enough. Strange going back in an office, don't know if I'll settle, but I definitely won't be on the tools any more.

So not much is gonna happen soon other than having a bit of a clear out. I'll concentrate on that and if your wanting them, I'll pm my number so we can sort something out.

Hope all is well to the old belt cp crew
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2017, 03:00 AM   #9955 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congratulations on retirement, Sutty!

Me, well, learning how to walk, again,,,,
the rt. knee tkr went well. Spinal tap this time, made things so much easier!

Decision time in 4 weeks for me, (actually, the decision is already made, just need to start all the paperwork ). My short term disability ends then. I'll be starting long term then, and the job is gone.
Strange feeling, giving up a job. Except for the military, never surrendered a job before! Strange emotions.

My frigging new car, the Ford Energi, well, I got a problem,,,,
I bought the car last September and filled it up with gas. Well, I still got 1/4 tank left 6 months later and I'm starting to worry the gas is going bad! So much so that I think I need a road trip to burn it up. It ain't getting burnt around town, that's for sure!
What a fantastic car! Still don't know what half the functions are.

The Cub.
Finally my knee mobility is allowing me to move around some mostly pain free, so I finally started working on her, again.
Just cleaned the garage really good yesterday. Weather is supposed to break 70 F. so I'm getting ready to paint her!

The Y600 is no more. It pissed me off so I stripped her and built up a CineTank instead. No gimbal, I've given up on those.

Everything else is ready.

Started flying again a week ago. Weather sucks, usually wind this time of year.

CB, glad to hear you gave up the tile work. Definitely a young man's job.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:30 PM   #9956 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Tom, good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about the knee again, making me nervous for what retirement will have in store for me!

Think we're are on similar eastings, so we just got the tail end of another Canadian storm. Clocks change here this week, so here's hoping we get some weather resembling springtime soon
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2017, 11:06 AM   #9957 (permalink)
Registered Users

2 days ago, Greg and I made a run up to Estes Park to burn up the gas in the car before it went bad.

Bought the car in Sept., she had a full tank of gas. December, I put 7.?gallons in to fill it.
Up at Estes I put 11.3 gallons in.
2588 miles I put on it since I bought the car.
129mpg!!!!

Going up the mountain was effortless, 60mph most the way. No problems with power at all, effortless.
Only complaint I have is, steering by wire. Gives you absolutely no feedback thru the steering. But, that is not what the car is about.
Once I got used to the oversteer caused by that big battery in the back and gave up on "racing" up the mountain all was good.
Coming down the mountain I turned on the regen. button and it doesn't take long to fully recharge the battery. Must have knocked the rust off the posts because I now have about 10 more miles on my pure electric range!

What a great car.

That was the only thing that went well this week.
The cub, painted the primer. Was doing some sanding on it when I poked a hole thru the right wing!!

CineTank, moved some components around to try to improve the fpv, totally lost it all. Shorted out the camera. Ordered a replacement only to discover I ordered the wrong camera.

Couldn't even trust myself to get drunk,,,, had to have a supervisor,,,,,
Old 04-19-2017, 06:50 PM   #9958 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, it's official, I am retired,,, and damn glad of it. Knee is taking it's sweet time healing. At least this time it can heal naturally instead of me hurting it every day working.

Been working on the Cub big time, covering and painting. I'm now in the final stages of painting.
The picture isn't very good, but she ain't done yet. Full photo shoot will follow.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WIN_20170419_17_32_00_Pro.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	703920  
Old 04-20-2017, 06:13 AM   #9959 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Glad to hear you've retired Tom and congratulations. You'll have all the time in the world now for any odd little jobs you wanted to get on with, and I feel sure your knee will soon be thanking you for the times when you can rest it up.

The Cub is looking good, photo notwithstanding. I look forward to the full photo shoot promised. Seeing it has reminded me that I could be getting on with the radio queen, but so far I haven't had time, what with all the other things I've been doing. That having been said, I'm finding that even though there are lots of things to get on with, everything has a nice easy pace about it, in that it doesn't really matter when it gets finished. I may start the RQ soon, then again I may not, and it doesn't really matter when I do. Need to plan on a good spot to work on it first and sort that out.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 05-02-2017, 09:22 AM   #9960 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, Sutty! She's been a real bitch, but I'm finally closing in on the end of painting. Just got a day or two left of finishing up some touch up, then all that is left to paint is the area behind the windscreen a flat
black, but I can't do that until the very end.
I don't even want to know how much I have tied up in paint, probably close to $400.

Seems my timing is good. June 30th thru July 2nd, just north of me, LoveAir, in Loveland is holding a Cub fest! That's the following weekend of our Hartsel fpv meet.She should be well tested and in flying order by then. Kind of hoping she will be the belle of the ball. Lord knows I put my time in on it.

There's a total of 209 red, white and blue squares on the bottom of each wing, yes each.
Prep time to paint each wing, about 2 hours. Same to do post work after.
Then, there's the touch up on all those squares. I've spent the last 3 1/2 days just correcting the white. Now I had to order more red to touch up a few areas.
Why bother? It's just on the bottom. Because, once this pig comes out of the vehicle, everybody will gather around while I assemble. I don't detach the wing struts, too much work, so the wings will be bottom up until assembled.
Everybody wants to see the bottom anyway, so it had best be spot on.

Drives me nuts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in