Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos

MSH Protos MSH Protos Helicopter Support Forum

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2014, 08:13 PM   #1121 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tossie View Post
I put the canopy on mine for the first time!
This is my first non-micro heli which I've been slowly building for the last month!
Haven't even had a maiden flight with it yet, but i love this thing!
Just some wiring to tidy and complete the brain setup ..
You are going to freak out the first time that you spool it up! Don't worry though, it's not really that mean of a beast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2014, 08:32 PM   #1122 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yea you will have to get use to it .... we were tacking mine ... my buddy says SOUNDS LIKE 1800 ... i said nope 2250 and why r you yelling .... lol ....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
kayakboy69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2014, 09:05 AM   #1123 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've finally resolved a problem with ESC overheating - thanks to 6g fan.
Now it handles very high current without any issue.
What's more it flies very good, but I think I need at least 65C lipo
40C is absolutely not enough for me while battery is very hot after hard 3D - 40-50°C after flight and its winter here.
ZeXx86 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2014, 10:19 AM   #1124 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default What did you do with your PRÔTOS today?

Replaced my ar7200bx with a skookum sk540. Just hovering between raindrops, so no sense yet of the differences. Very curious!
matthewcornell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2014, 04:14 PM   #1125 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

wired my ESC up and hooked a battery(3s) up to it to center servo horns and mechanically set up, +12.5/-12.5 pitch, also stole the servo balls from my 450 so i could do this, decided to go out in the 25mph winds we are having today and spool it up on 3s it is SOO quiet you can hear the blades whopping in the air and damn is it stable! the winds didnt even bother it. hovered around a foot or so off the ground for a second and shut her down and went back inside, now i just need to order some 6s packs for it...

tomorrow i should have my castle link, and the correct servo balls and ill do it all over again!
M&P_Hooligan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2014, 04:39 PM   #1126 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Maidened my Protos 500

Yeah!!. Had the guys at the field check the PROTOS 500 over before my first flight to make sure all the servos and surfaces move the correct way. Must say I had the tail compensation the wrong way. But I SWEAR I set it like one of the set up video's . Sooo the lesson is..... have somebody ELSE check it for you... You will easily miss some important information .. just because you have been working this thing for a long time.
This heli flies like a DREAM. No tail wag... no shiver.. no shudder... almost no noise either I am sold! It flew a glorious 5 minutes ( mostly hover and puttering around of course to make sure.
I do like the governor and the soft start feature. It's like a professional setup
HarryR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2014, 05:55 AM   #1127 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Maidened today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyuh1 View Post
You are going to freak out the first time that you spool it up! Don't worry though, it's not really that mean of a beast.
Yep.. Definitely freaked out when first spooling up, but managed two flights this afternoon.. Mainly hovering, ensuring everything worked as intended and just loving the sound - or somewhat lack thereof!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060734.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	477.0 KB
ID:	491268  
Tossie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2014, 06:36 AM   #1128 (permalink)
Registered Users

Beautiful!
Old 03-02-2014, 08:20 AM   #1129 (permalink)
Registered Users

Remaidened my Protos after my crash before Christmas. Can´t believe I haven´t flown it for so long.

Everything went well, just 1 turn on the links to get tracking right. Finally had the chance to really test the Edge FB blades after I crashed them last time on the first pack. Cyclic reactions are much faster, and collective is more direct. Nice. Had beater 3D pro blades on it before.

It´s my biggest heli and I really need to get more used to the size. I was again fighting my nerves a bit, thought I´d be over it. 2 months pause after a crash did not help at all, felt like I´m starting all over.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:09 AM   #1130 (permalink)
Registered Users

It usually takes two to three packs to get the feel back after a layoff. I flew one battery in my P500 the other day and it felt like I hadn't flown in years but by the end it was coming back.
I have the same reaction after not flying one of my nitros for a long time.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:17 PM   #1131 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went to our local club field today and couldn't fly because I was all alone. So I came back home and hovered the charge off six battery packs, found a split main grip ball link and watched in awe as I too my hand off the throttle for more than a minute and watched the altitude vary from 0" to 12'. It often bounced off ground effect and benefitted from some gusts but this extreme swings are surprising. A steady hover meant constant chasing collective
aterren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2014, 02:43 AM   #1132 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by aterren View Post
I went to our local club field today and couldn't fly because I was all alone. So I came back home and hovered the charge off six battery packs, found a split main grip ball link and watched in awe as I too my hand off the throttle for more than a minute and watched the altitude vary from 0" to 12'. It often bounced off ground effect and benefitted from some gusts but this extreme swings are surprising. A steady hover meant constant chasing collective
That doesn't sound good. If it wsa very windy, I can understand it, otherwise, something's very wrong...

My Protos: Finally got a break from the rain. I chose to take the Protos out for a few quick flights before it started again. Had a lot of fun with the G31 finally tuned close to perfect.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Dr. M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2014, 03:58 AM   #1133 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Installed the new Brain and ordered some new packs, new tail fin and new o rings.
Not long now.
Spektrum DX8
Inverse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2014, 09:14 AM   #1134 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. M View Post
That doesn't sound good. If it wsa very windy, I can understand it, otherwise, something's very wrong...

My Protos: <snip...>Had a lot of fun with the G31 finally tuned close to perfect.
I just checked the local airport wind history (1 mile away) and it was 10 mph and gusty. I think that's all it was; bot of my Protos 500 seem sensitive to ballooning in the wind but I do need to see if I can dull the collective down around center. I may try reducing the overall pitch a degree or two.

Glad to hear the G31 is dialed in. It sounds like you have been quite happy with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
aterren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2014, 05:50 PM   #1135 (permalink)
Registered Users

March - anytime the disk was perpendicular to the gusts my Protos got a good shove downwind. Funny to see my kids flying kites while I've got a heli flying.

Hope it's pretty straightforward with the Robird. I just picked up a G31 to try out on my 450. Wondering whether I should wait on an inverted landing opportunity or just change it out one of these weekends...

Jumna is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2014, 11:09 PM   #1136 (permalink)
Registered Users

bummed out the protos isn't up and running . ran a couple of flights on the sim good thing the protos isn't up and running . I shoud of been on the sim during the winter so back to the protos I go ...

TitaniumFreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2014, 09:31 AM   #1137 (permalink)
Registered Users

Use a big heli on sim ... slow down the phyics shake the rust off and go fly ..

Old 03-14-2014, 07:01 AM   #1138 (permalink)
Registered Users

finally received my parts after my first dumb thumb near rekit... :/ going to be around 120£ (excluded stuff i already had like canopy, frame and blades....) and found out a stupid thing... fast lad and midlandhelis is out of remaining parts i need, and i cant order from msheli directly... i shoot them an email to ask why, so waiting to see what will they say...
rimaarts is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2014, 08:41 AM   #1139 (permalink)
Registered Users

Man sorry about your thumbs..
I did that last oct .. i lost oreentatin put it in hard really really hard took me untill jan to get her up n running again .. but i went fbl and streached

Old 03-14-2014, 11:46 AM   #1140 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
finally received my parts after my first dumb thumb near rekit... :/ going to be around 120£ (excluded stuff i already had like canopy, frame and blades....) and found out a stupid thing... fast lad and midlandhelis is out of remaining parts i need, and i cant order from msheli directly... i shoot them an email to ask why, so waiting to see what will they say...
Yeah it can be a pain getting bits in the UK - I had to resort to going European for bits a couple of times. What do you need?
Mikej is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in