Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2014, 08:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default flight pack question

Hi guys,

I am just revising my flight pack batts, and just wondered if there was a better battery option....

I do not run the receiver&servos on the main ESC BEC power, because of the danger of loss of control if the main battery is drained or fails.

I have been using a voltage regulator set at 6V and powered by a 1300 25C 3S LIPO.
This has worked out fine, but the Lipo can die if you forget to switch off and drain it fully.
This pack typically weights 120g and is 35x25x73 form factor, which is a nice size to fit in the aft compartment under the Rx tray on a standard trex600 style heli.

I have heard about LiFePo4 batteries, and wondered if these might be more suitable.. and I also notice lots of people use a a 2S LiFe battery with no reg. ?

What do you guys think is the best flight battery system to use on a 600 heli ??

one other issue .. do I need a special charger for LiFe or LiFePO4 batteries... ?? My charger only handles LiPo, NiMh, NiCd and Pd cells
chansen1953 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2014, 04:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Like you, I use a seperate LiPo RX battery on my 600, using one of these:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_Lipoly.html
It has some very bright LEDs to indicate the charge state of the RX battery, which are pretty hard to ignore, I've yet to forget to disconnect the RX battery.

Another, probably better, option would be one of these, connected to the balance connector on the RX pack:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rm_2s_4s_.html
I have a similar one fitted to a quad (were the ESC low voltage cut-offs are disabled), and believe me, it's impossible to ignore the buzzer when it activates.

I'm pretty sure LiFe batteries require a different charge program, so going down that road would mean new charger, etc.

Given the low cost and simplicity of the low voltage monitor, I think this would be the best answer
Helis: Belt-CP, Mini Titan, EXI 450, HK250-GT, HK500-GT, HK600-GT, mSR (all modified/customised). Quads: Q4, nQX, HK250, Custom built 560 Deadcat camera platform. Some planks. DX6i & DX9. And a boat & some HK surface controller thingy.
CyprusDave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2014, 08:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

thanks dave, My UBEC is a cheaper one, and does not have the warning lights, but yes its a good feature, so I might get a couple of these.
chansen1953 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in