Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Engines and Mufflers

Engines and Mufflers Having problems or need advice on Engines or Mufflers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 01:26 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default ys

well ys engines is way inland geographicly but the fact that japans economy is going to suffer greatly may effect them.
700madness is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2011, 01:45 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Japan will recover faster then any other country could

Hello,

I'm not interested in this moments if some products might be delayed, I'm more interested in the Japanese people and country to recover.

If there's a country to recover fast after such a knightmare - it will be Japan .. look how the Japanese don't complain, they just go forward in a very brave and modest way

My deepest respect for Japan,
Oliver
Raptor30_V1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2011, 09:57 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor30_V1 View Post
Hello,

I'm not interested in this moments if some products might be delayed, I'm more interested in the Japanese people and country to recover.

If there's a country to recover fast after such a knightmare - it will be Japan .. look how the Japanese don't complain, they just go forward in a very brave and modest way

My deepest respect for Japan,
Oliver
well said
watso is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2011, 02:53 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

here's a question :

why does a nitro motor need a clutch and clutch bell to transmit power to the rotor and a electric don't (no clutch and clutch liner to slip) just wondering
matrix1171 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2011, 05:08 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Because you can't just stop an engine and power it back up! You couldn't get the things started without a clutch
Old 09-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

hence why, electric will always out power nitro just food for thought
Old 09-04-2011, 11:11 PM   #27 (permalink)

My HF Map location

It doesn't matter whether your preference is Electric or Nitro. A certain percentage of people in both camps are always looking for more power. E-fans look forward to, and will buy, higher C batteries and more powerful motors. N-fans look forward to, and will buy, big bore motors, regulated fuel delivery systems, and high-performing mufflers. It's as simple as that.

No one is debating the fact that an electric has more raw power.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:36 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I assume you want people to bite and I am probably now guilty of it, but all the power in the world wont make you any better at the hobby. Try spending more time having fun than trying to ruin others. Just food for thought.
scootr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2011, 07:13 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr View Post
I assume you want people to bite and I am probably now guilty of it, but all the power in the world wont make you any better at the hobby. Try spending more time having fun than trying to ruin others. Just food for thought.
My flying field is at about 7000' elevation and even my OS 91 running 15% nitro fuel in my trex 700N is plenty of power. At least for the basic sport flying I do with it. True my trex 450 will outclimb it by a pretty wide margin, but at full stick, I don't feel like my 700N is very anemic. It climbs up into the sky just fine even on a hot day when the density altitude approaches 10,000 above sea level.

Past a certain point in your flying skills, you can't use more power anyway so if you're already at that point it makes no sense to buy more. IMO, you have to be a very advanced pilot to really need gear-stripping power in a heli like what you get with electric.

In fact, good power management skills come along with less power anyway, skills you can use on any heli regardless of powerplant.

Not saying it's wrong to want more power, just that buying more should be sensible for your needs. Even our weak little .91's cost a lot of scratch, so you don't want to waste money where it's not needed...

LS
lucien is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2011, 01:05 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix1171 View Post
here's a question :

why does a nitro motor need a clutch and clutch bell to transmit power to the rotor and a electric don't (no clutch and clutch liner to slip) just wondering
Because a nitro engine is always running... if you didn't have a clutch, the rotor would be spinning all the time, while the engine is running... With electric, the motor completely stops and starts, so you don't need a clutch.

Just like a car... let's just say you have a manual transmission car... if it didn't have a clutch, the car would always be moving, because the engine has to be running. But, if you had a completely electric car, the motor doesn't run all the time, so when you step on the gas, the motor starts up, and moves the car, take foot off gas, and motor begins to slow, and stop....

Hope that makes sense... didn't really see a good answer to your question, so thought I'd throw my $0.02 worth in....

Good luck,
Joe_Breezy
Diablo, Shape 9.0, Goblin 700 & 380, Sylphide 90, Srimok 90N x2, Srimok 90E, Dune, Vibe 90SG, TDR, E-Aurora, Logo 600SE & 500SE, T600 ESP, T600NSP, Synergy E6 & E5, Warp 360, Gaui NX4 & X4,T500, T450 Pro FBL, 180CFX and 130x
Breezyjr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

you missing the point .... i know that .... it seems that some nitro guys, not all refuse to believe that an electric will always have more raw power than nitro(at one time myself included) until i thought about it from my rc car racing days) it has no clutch to go thru that's all i'm saying
Old 09-12-2011, 07:17 AM   #32 (permalink)

My HF Map location

We understand that there's no clutch on an E-bird. But that's not the reason it makes more power.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:32 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Once it has grabbed, like in an idle up condition, it stays locked on to the clutch bell. I dont see how thats a loss unless it slips and I didnt think they slip in flight..
Old 09-13-2011, 12:19 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

ok... then..... what is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
We understand that there's no clutch on an E-bird. But that's not the reason it makes more power.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:30 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

A 12S electric setup has more power than a 90 size nitro engine. Thats all there is to it. A clutch has nothing to do with anything.. or am I missing something here?
Old 09-14-2011, 11:46 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi,

thought this is about a thread about the new YS120SR. Or is it about e-power vs nitro-power....

the question shouldn be which one has more power, but rather which one makes the better sound....Nitro of course...

I would be interested in any flight reports of the ys120sr. How is it compared to the ys91sr-3ds?

cheers,

cyril
low.level.3d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2011, 07:17 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine will be here in 2-3 weeks!!! I am building another (3rd) 700N with this thing!!! Can't wait!!!
aviator493 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2011, 11:30 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

ys120 on 15% !!! The anouncer says it at 4:10. Big power on 15%...man i can't wait

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CUqgx5Jt6M[/ame]
RCFanatic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2011, 05:48 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are the mufflers for YS120SR:

Hatori 2123 3D Muffler - Tuned Muffler
Hatori 2125 3C Muffler - Tuned Muffler for T-Rex 700

Is anyone know what the difference between of two, and what is tunning for TRex 700?
QYT001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am thinking that I have to have one of these. However I would like to know what the flight time is on a tank of fuel. The big problem I have with the electric models is flight time. The only electric I have right now is a 450 and I get 4 mins flight time. first min kicks my nitros ass but the next min maybe 2 is about the same the next min sucks becase everything is slowing down. The next 4 mins the nitro is still flying the same while the 450 is on the grond with a dead batt.

Everything I have seen on the 120 sr looks awsome. I am just a bit concerned abot flight time. if the 120 has good preformance on 15% nitro it will help with flight time. I am not concerned abot the cost of the fuel bt the 15% is a lot cheeper than 30%.
snake007 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in