Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 10:16 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgi UK View Post
=] the real prob here Randy is, if the SK is in inverted SL mode it would self destruct, there is usually plenty of time in a bail out to apply the correct positive pitch, manually.
Point taken..... thanks.

I am just getting fed up with guys popping in and pushing he other unit when this is an Sk forum. I don't log in here to read about that unit. Hear about that unit, nor its praise. Nor in almost every other post now it seems someone is going "Oh look where the Skookum got you, Nowhere, right? This is the heli gods answer for you over here, look at the perfect shiny new HC3 up on its cross".

I see this going from an Sk thread to an HC religion thread myself.

Skookum has died, Somebody pull out the Helicommand bible, lets have church and worship it!

Tell you what. I myself know friends here that own them and run them. I have pmd them and we talk. Alot! I respect their opinions and, If I want to buy one, I will. But I don't want to continually log in here in the Sk forum and have guys pushing them openly as the 'better solution' every other post.

I wonder how the HC guys would feel if I started commenting all the time and pushing another unit over on those threads? I bet it wouldn't go too well.

As it is, you have to expect that someone here is going to eventually push back.
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #22 (permalink)

=] Randy, you ranting? it's xmas, not Easter!

bless you!

georgi UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Point taken..... thanks.

I am just getting fed up with guys popping in and pushing he other unit when this is an Sk forum. I don't log in here to read about that unit. Hear about that unit, nor its praise. Nor in almost every other post now it seems someone is going "Oh look where the Skookum got you, Nowhere, right? This is the heli gods answer for you over here, look at the perfect shiny new HC3 up on its cross".

I see this going from an Sk thread to an HC religion thread myself.

Skookum has died, Somebody pull out the Helicommand bible, lets have church and worship it!

Tell you what. I myself know friends here that own them and run them. I have pmd them and we talk. Alot! I respect their opinions and, If I want to buy one, I will. But I don't want to continually log in here in the Sk forum and have guys pushing them openly as the 'better solution' every other post.

I wonder how the HC guys would feel if I started commenting all the time and pushing another unit over on those threads? I bet it wouldn't go too well.

As it is, you have to expect that someone here is going to eventually push back.
Very well put though none the less! This forum is for skookum issues that's why it says skookum in the index.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
=] Randy, you ranting? it's xmas, not Easter!

bless you!
Today is the big day!! Merry Christmas all!

Sorry georgi, but this just had to be said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathy View Post
Very well put though none the less! This forum is for skookum issues that's why it says skookum in the index.
Exactly. I have been seeing a very strong tendency in the last months in this section for guys to immediately start pushing this other fbl controller whenever the situation seems ripe for them. In this thread it immediately jumped from a guy trying to share his idea to a horde of why do this? Just buy the other fbl controller comments. Which I personally find offensive. As well as other members here who have PM'd me with their concerns.

Honestly, out of all of the comments here. Georgi had the only valid point to make!

I am trying to not come off as rude myself. I just want to put this train back on its proper tracks guys. And keep these Skookum threads clean.

We all know Skookum is having some problems right now meeting quite a few guys needs and wants. We all see this. But lets please not turn this into a platform for pushing other products. It falls across the line of being disrespectful and tasteless.

And I am glad that other product is working out for you! Most of us just don't want to hear about it here!

Thanks for your understanding.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:39 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:

=] same, I agree fully bro with your sound comments, it's an open site for support and mutual respect,

I don't have any notion or desire to own a HC or V-bar or Naza-H no matter what users post here,

I was one of the early FBL UK users years ago, you have to follow your instincts if you are searching, SK does it for me, nothing more is needed here!

georgi UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 04:46 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Santa brought me a HC3SX which will go into the Diabolo .
My blue 720 is in Canada now to get its inputs fixed.
I will run both systems now in parallel and then we see.
I am just unable to control the pitch channel manually and that's a personal problem , not a technical one.
Merry X-Mass, and when the black one is there and I've seen Eitan smack the shit out of it, I might chime in again
...and a s-load of planes
ArguZ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
=] same, I agree fully bro with your sound comments, it's an open site for support and mutual respect,

I don't have any notion or desire to own a HC or V-bar or Naza-H no matter what users post here,

I was one of the early FBL UK users years ago, you have to follow your instincts if you are searching, SK does it for me, nothing more is needed here!
Sounds like all you two need is a treehouse and a secret hand shake.

In all seriousness, I agree with you and Randy, but this is a fine line and it can be just as distracting to the other extreme. This technology is rapidly evolving, so there are going to be comparisons and discussions regarding the competition that pop up. I agree that coming into this forum, especially if you don’t even have a SK unit and pushing another vendor is rude. But I also think that behaving like Skookum “fanboys” doesn’t get people very far either.

I’m a Skookum user and have no experience with other brands or functionality other than what Ive read, so I have no agenda here. I come here to this forum for the wealth of knowledge here, but I also have a love/hate relationship with this particular forum because of some of the closed minded attitude towards anything other than what Skookum is pushing. I think its healthy to discuss the technology that is coming around, and find it enjoyable to look at it from all sides and from the different point of views that other pilots may have depending on their particular needs.

I love the assistance I can get here from the resident experts, but the constant adoration and high fives every time certain people post something become quite distracting sometimes. I swear some people could post that they had a cheese sandwich for lunch, and within 5 minutes there will be a post of “I agree with XXX....cheese sandwiches are the best!” “Wow that is so great!” “You are the King of sandwiches!” This is a silly and extreme example, but everyone gets my point I think.

Many here have forgotten more about this product than I will ever know, but acting as if there is nothing on the planet that could possibly have similar, or dare I say better functionality at something does not yield credibility. Neither are the constant silly claims of how much better a pilot you instantly become flying this unit or that servo combination compared to others with very similar specs and functionality. Those are statements that only a professional pilot who is capable of actually testing such would need to back up, and there isn't any data out there that shows this at this point.

There are so many great things about this unit, but also some things that really need improvement, and these issues should not be off limits just because this is a Skookum forum. I come here to learn both good and bad and how best to deal with what I have. If there is something new out there that solves a problem I have, then I want to know about it, yes even if its from another vendor!

Bottom line is taking a hard line, fanboy attitude about a product or certain people here can be just as useless and distracting to other Skookum owners as those people you guys don’t want cluttering up the forum with other vendor talk.

Last edited by Xrayted; 12-25-2012 at 10:40 PM..
Xrayted is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Exactly. I have been seeing a very strong tendency in the last months in this section for guys to immediately start pushing this other fbl controller whenever the situation seems ripe for them. In this thread it immediately jumped from a guy trying to share his idea to a horde of why do this? Just buy the other fbl controller comments. Which I personally find offensive. As well as other members here who have PM'd me with their concerns.

Honestly, out of all of the comments here. Georgi had the only valid point to make!

I am trying to not come off as rude myself. I just want to put this train back on its proper tracks guys. And keep these Skookum threads clean.

We all know Skookum is having some problems right now meeting quite a few guys needs and wants. We all see this. But lets please not turn this into a platform for pushing other products. It falls across the line of being disrespectful and tasteless.

And I am glad that other product is working out for you! Most of us just don't want to hear about it here!

Thanks for your understanding.

Maybe you should take a dose of your own medicine about the bashing. Is that what the Skookum users come here to read about, they want to hear you whining page after page about the evil Helicommand users? I originally started looking over here because I am interested in the Sk720 Black/GPS and it is only human nature to "Compare and Contrast." I am not sure why you think the SK720 can't be compared to other units, I have always thought of it as a high quality product. The only real issue with it seems to be vibration sensitivity.

I use several FBL systems: Align 3g, Align 3GX, MSH Brain, BeastX, Copterx, Tarot, and HC3SX. For me, I am always on the hunt for the FBL unit that "I" like best. You have to be able to compare different units if you truly want to find what is best. So sorry since this is an open forum, I will post in whatever thread I choose. I am legitimately interested in the SK720 Black and would be more than happy to make it my FBL of choice if it works better than my other FBL units.

Merry Xmas
SMOKEMASTER60 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 12:41 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEMASTER60 View Post
Maybe you should take a dose of your own medicine about the bashing. Is that what the Skookum users come here to read about, they want to hear you whining page after page about the evil Helicommand users? I originally started looking over here because I am interested in the Sk720 Black/GPS and it is only human nature to "Compare and Contrast." I am not sure why you think the SK720 can't be compared to other units, I have always thought of it as a high quality product. The only real issue with it seems to be vibration sensitivity.

I use several FBL systems: Align 3g, Align 3GX, MSH Brain, BeastX, Copterx, Tarot, and HC3SX. For me, I am always on the hunt for the FBL unit that "I" like best. You have to be able to compare different units if you truly want to find what is best. So sorry since this is an open forum, I will post in whatever thread I choose. I am legitimately interested in the SK720 Black and would be more than happy to make it my FBL of choice if it works better than my other FBL units.

Merry Xmas
I don't mind the comparisons. Just the product plugging in spots not asking for it. Just for your info. I spent the night trying to decide if I was going to pull the trigger on the HC, it came down to finances saying no. I have quite a few friends here flying them. (even one who offered to send one to me for free for that matter, I turned him down for other reasons since I abhor taking advantage)
I Have no issue with them! Nor a few tasteful threads comparing them. Plus I early on poured through the HC threads absorbing everything about them when they first appeared in the self stab threads. So product bashing?
Not once have I ever dished the Helicommand. EVER
Just tasteless HC postings where they don't belong. And guys jumping in seemingly at almost every opportunity to say something about them that almost or never post here. In fact, in this thread it was some other member seeing this that mentioned it. And guess what, Just like clockwork here is a positive almost in your face post about HC following immediately.

ICNU, Am I a Skookum fanboy? Yep. To be sure. But let me define fanboy..... Skookum has been good to me. Their customer support over the years has been unrivaled. Have I run other fbl systems or will I? Absofrigginlutely. Do I understand the Skookum drawbacks and problems? Better than most. Why?
Recently Art again for the third time replaced both my units with two more spanking new out of the box 720s when I had problems here no one has seen before. Bet no one here knew that? Why didn't you either? I just don't hop on every week whining about them. I spend my time here trying to help, and find open jibes and negativity fairly worthless for all involved. But I do understand guys frustrations. I was grounded for months right in the middle of the flying season myself.
Plus, I have gotten close to 100 personal pms with guys asking for help with them over the last year alone. Some who honestly won't post here because of the now not so overt negativity it generates.

Why me? You will have to ask yourself why. But no matter what, I spend tons of hours trying to help.

And yes, in answer to the earlier post. I will agree with whomever I want. And, I will always agree with something someone said that is true and uplifting! All personal polite bashing aside. (that anyone can see through with half a brain,,,thank you!) Plus, in light of a ton of negativity lately in this Skookum forum. A few high fives from time to time are more than needed. Each one of those btw got a thank you pm. And not from georgi if you want to take that in light of your post. I might add I respect you and follow your posts also in all the other threads.

But, Be it georgi, whom I highly respect for putting up with so much unmerited static here when he has spent so much of his own valuable time helping others in every venue here on this forum. Without compensation I might add since Skookum does not pay him to do this, even battling Skookum for quite a few of us when their chips were down. Or anyone else for that matter giving someone here a rare, and I do mean rare thumbs up. I counted. Four in the last three months. And over 50 other threads where that didn't happen. Except when they overcame their problems with alot of help I might add. From just about everyone here!

And I bet money most you guys didn't know and weren't worried while some of us heard out georgi when he sounded like he was ready to throw in the towel out of sheer frustration a few times.

Anyone here? Can you, anyone? Imagine this Skookum section without Georgi? Just saying, I doubt that will ever happen.

Why do I bring this up now?

Because of posts. Such as this veiled version right here! You think this wont get to him? Cause him grief?

Bottom line is taking a hard line, fanboy attitude about a product or certain people here can be just as useless and distracting to other Skookum owners as those people you guys don’t want cluttering up the forum with other vendor talk.

Or was this not aimed at me or georgi? Since I am the recipient of this post in light of other comments made in it insinuating things? Chiming in like a fanboy or drone to everything georgi says? Or did I miss something here?

Those openly insinuating he is a blind Skookum fanboy who ignores problems just for the sake of pushing a product! Or blind loyalty? Then comments or polices these threads against other systems?
In georgi's defense, I haven't seen it? And do I support Georgi? Da&%ed right I do. He is the very heart of this Skookum forum. And I have even seen him take on Skookum more than once when he knew he was in the right. It just didn't turn into a novel here.

And if you think I am just a fanboy, you might just take a look in my gyro parts collection. You might be surprised at what you find.

Then again, I just spent the last hour hovering over the buy button on the HC. Maybe I will in the future. But I doubt you or anyone here on this Skookum thread will ever hear about it....
And I just told a very good friend it might not be a bad idea to hang one on one of his expensive helis that he is having me build btw.......

I just want to know how does this help another Skookum owner when larger numbers of guys just pop in and make comments about the HC when the thread isn't about them at every seeming opportunity? This is after all the Skookum thread. Not the overall flybar controller thread where guys regularly compare all the fbl controllers. And where I am excited to see those kind of threads and do read them.

And how do any of the many outside HC comments lately here help a Skookum owner with either setup questions or possible product issues? I can quote well over two dozen instances of recently that fall way outside the one comparison thread here earlier this fall? All of those from members we don't see here trying to help others?

I only jumped in there also when things got ugly with a rash of guys popping in that rarely or never frequent this section that began openly bashing the Skookum. Anyone could see that it quickly de evolved from a serene comparison to a hostile venting and bashing session. I actually had guys pm'g me in open disgust before I said anything. For some reason they selected me to say something. And I will if the cause is just.

And back to the true spirit of this thread. Thanks to Georgi I have decided not to add positive pitch to my bailout. Why? I don't want my heli to pound into the turf inverted.

Last edited by Luvmyhelis; 12-26-2012 at 02:43 AM..
Luvmyhelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 03:12 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
And back to the true spirit of this thread. Thanks to Georgi I have decided not to add positive pitch to my bailout. Why? I don't want my heli to pound into the turf inverted.
Randy, I'm not sure I understand here...

It seemed to me that you had originally taken exception to my post detailing the scenario you mentioned here - Even calling it a 'poorly intended vibe issue jibe' and 'something this below the belt'. Yet in the end, you took heed of my advice and gave thanks to Georgi...

Am I correct? If so, I'm a bit annoyed...

Do excuse me if I've read this all wrong.
Groucho_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 10:04 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I don't mind the comparisons. Just the product plugging in spots not asking for it. Just for your info. I spent the night trying to decide if I was going to pull the trigger on the HC, it came down to finances saying no. I have quite a few friends here flying them. (even one who offered to send one to me for free for that matter, I turned him down for other reasons since I abhor taking advantage)
I Have no issue with them! Nor a few tasteful threads comparing them. Plus I early on poured through the HC threads absorbing everything about them when they first appeared in the self stab threads. So product bashing?
Just tasteless HC postings where they don't belong. And guys jumping in seemingly at almost every opportunity to say something about them that almost or never post here. In fact, in this thread it was some other member seeing this that mentioned it. And guess what, Just like clockwork here is a positive almost in your face post about HC following immediately.

ICNU, Am I a Skookum fanboy? Yep. To be sure. But let me define fanboy..... Skookum has been good to me. Their customer support over the years has been unrivaled. Have I run other fbl systems or will I? Absofrigginlutely. Do I understand the Skookum drawbacks and problems? Better than most. Why?
Recently Art again for the third time replaced both my units with two more spanking new out of the box 720s when I had problems here no one has seen before. Bet no one here knew that? Why didn't you either? I just don't hop on every week whining about them. I spend my time here trying to help, and find open jibes and negativity fairly worthless for all involved. But I do understand guys frustrations. I was grounded for months right in the middle of the flying season myself.
Plus, I have gotten close to 100 personal pms with guys asking for help with them over the last year alone. Some who honestly won't post here because of the now not so overt negativity it generates.

Why me? You will have to ask yourself why. But no matter what, I spend tons of hours trying to help.

And yes, in answer to the earlier post. I will agree with whomever I want. And, I will always agree with something someone said that is true and uplifting! All personal polite bashing aside. (that anyone can see through with half a brain,,,thank you!) Plus, in light of a ton of negativity lately in this Skookum forum. A few high fives from time to time are more than needed. Each one of those btw got a thank you pm. And not from georgi if you want to take that in light of your post. I might add I respect you and follow your posts also in all the other threads.

But, Be it georgi, whom I highly respect for putting up with so much unmerited static here when he has spent so much of his own valuable time helping others in every venue here on this forum. Without compensation I might add since Skookum does not pay him to do this, even battling Skookum for quite a few of us when their chips were down. Or anyone else for that matter giving someone here a rare, and I do mean rare thumbs up. I counted. Four in the last three months. And over 50 other threads where that didn't happen. Except when they overcame their problems with alot of help I might add. From just about everyone here!

And I bet money most you guys didn't know and weren't worried while some of us heard out georgi when he sounded like he was ready to throw in the towel out of sheer frustration a few times.

Anyone here? Can you, anyone? Imagine this Skookum section without Georgi? Just saying, I doubt that will ever happen.

Because of posts. Such as this veiled version right here! You think this wont get to him? Cause him grief?

Or was this not aimed at me or georgi? Since I am the recipient of this post in light of other comments made in it insinuating things? Chiming in like a fanboy or drone to everything georgi says? Or did I miss something here?

Those openly insinuating he is a blind Skookum fanboy who ignores problems just for the sake of pushing a product! Or blind loyalty? Then comments or polices these threads against other systems?
In georgi's defense, I haven't seen it? And do I support Georgi? Da&%ed right I do. He is the very heart of this Skookum forum. And I have even seen him take on Skookum more than once when he knew he was in the right. It just didn't turn into a novel here.

And if you think I am just a fanboy, you might just take a look in my gyro parts collection. You might be surprised at what you find.

Then again, I just spent the last hour hovering over the buy button on the HC. Maybe I will in the future. But I doubt you or anyone here on this Skookum thread will ever hear about it....
And I just told a very good friend it might not be a bad idea to hang one on one of his expensive helis that he is having me build btw.......

I just want to know how does this help another Skookum owner when larger numbers of guys just pop in and make comments about the HC when the thread isn't about them at every seeming opportunity? This is after all the Skookum thread. Not the overall flybar controller thread where guys regularly compare all the fbl controllers. And where I am excited to see those kind of threads and do read them.

And how do any of the many outside HC comments lately here help a Skookum owner with either setup questions or possible product issues? I can quote well over two dozen instances of recently that fall way outside the one comparison thread here earlier this fall? All of those from members we don't see here trying to help others?

I only jumped in there also when things got ugly with a rash of guys popping in that rarely or never frequent this section that began openly bashing the Skookum. Anyone could see that it quickly de evolved from a serene comparison to a hostile venting and bashing session. I actually had guys pm'g me in open disgust before I said anything. For some reason they selected me to say something. And I will if the cause is just.

Good morning Randy. Let me try and clarify a few things, although trying to express the way one "feels" in writing can be very hard to so sometimes, and can be difficult for others to interpret. The particular comment of mine that you quoted was not directed at Georgi. My reply was a discussion in general, and how going over the top can cause someone to lose credibility in the eyes of others asking for comparisons between brands and functionality.

I have the utmost respect for you and Georgi. I also think there is nothing wrong with being brand loyal and loving something you own and use. It's normal to be excited and sing the praises of said item, but it's also easy to go over the top and refuse to accept any flaws as well. It's more helpful for me to discuss the shortcoming of a product and workarounds vs pretending that they are not there. I also doesn't help to tell someone that the reason they must be having issues is because they don't know how to set up a model or are just too lazy to get it perfect. A product should not require absolute perfection in order to work as few helis are built to absolute perfection in every way.

All I was trying to express was that it sometimes feels like a clique in this forum. This could just be me feeling this way and I could be way off base here. The fanboy attitude I'm talking about is the going beyond just helping or answering questions, but the attitude that everything else is pure crap and can't possibly be as good so don't even bother bringing it up because we don't want to discuss that here. Based on your post, I now know that you don't really feel this way, but it doesn't come across this way with some of the over the top post.

At the end of the day, I think we are all here because we love our hobby and are a group of very strong personalities. That passion is great but will sometimes cause clashes in personality as well

Once again, I love the support that Georgi gives in this forum and as I said, he has forgotten more about this product than I will ever know and I'm grateful for the time he spends helping here.

We have all said our piece now, so lets get back to the important stuff like building and flying! So those first GPS units should be shipping in a week or so, and I'm anxious to hear the first reports!
Xrayted is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Dude, this is the INTERNET! Your post is way to long!

G
neavissa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in