Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2014, 04:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 690's on a G20?

Will 690mm blades work on a radikal g20? Finding blades that have a 5mm bolt hole for the G20 isn't very easy. I fly very conservatively with the hardest maneuver being stall turns so I think the biggest thing I'll have to worry about is clearing the tail rotor blades. I know measuring it, they should work fine, but I'm hoping someone else has tried it before.
Bustedmp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2014, 07:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using maverick blades on my G20. No problem with the bolt hole. Not sure if they have 690s or not. I have 640s on mine.
Ted

I always have fun. Some times are more fun than others.
I can't remember half the crap I forgot.
strat1960s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2014, 07:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Where did you get 640mm mavrikk blades.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Rotor Tech make the 640s and they also have them in there new FBL models
CN2266466CFBL . For some reason HeliWorld and the Century site do not list them but I know that Leisure tech and TheHeliFarm.com in Canada both have them in stock and they will bolt right onto your Radikal G20 or E&N640s and they work great .
I have also flown with the none FBL Rotortech 640s on my FBL Radikal and E640s and they flew great also.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just double checked. The blades on my G20 are 25.25 inches which converts to 641mm. I can't find anything on the heliproz website. The may have stopped making the 640s because I was probably the only one that bought them.
Sorry Bustedmp. I however did see they carry 690s if that helps.

Ted

I always have fun. Some times are more fun than others.
I can't remember half the crap I forgot.
strat1960s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2014, 04:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

690s will fit, but they need to be 12mm root only and only on the metal head or the 90 sized HD head which will accept 14mm roots. But with the regular g20 boom length you risk the rotor tips touching the tail rotor blades under flight loads.

I purchased some Rail blades 696mm? they are 12mm root thickness and have a 5mm bolt with a bushing where you can use the 4mm bolt.

I do not advise you using anything over 660mm on a G20 unless you have a much more powerful engine (like a stroked to 22cc) and you must use a 13T pinion as well as a G30 clutch to be somewhat on the safe side as well as extend the boom to the G30 length.

I have recently extended my G20 to the 30 boom and am planning on testing it with a 13T on my modded G20. Just waiting on time and weather to test.
gassed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2014, 04:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have a few pairs of wood 640's for now and they fly nice for what I do. I do have the HD head and am running the 13t pinion. I had a set of mavrick 620s that I replaced the root bushing to fit the 5mm bolts, but I made a rookie mistake and tipped my heli over before even leaving the ground. Radio set to wrong model, whoops. I don't fly any of my heli's hard at all, just nice easy relaxed flying but I didn't want to find out the hard way that 690's won't work, never gave 660's a thought though. It's not easy finding 620's with 5mm holes, even the 660's are not all that common anymore. I'm only running 1650 rpm and it suits me just fine. I don't really want to spend a lot of $ on blades for just putting around the sky like I do. Maybe I'm just fine with the woodies.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in