Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One)

DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One) DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One) Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2016, 09:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Naza/Wookong Longevity

I am just getting back into helix after several years away, and have started looking for an autopilot for scale applications.

The Naza and Wookong are appealing, but I understand that the Naza is discontinued and unsupported. Is the same true for the Wookon H, or is it slated to be discontinured soon?
BounceTester is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2016, 08:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know about the WK but the Naza is still out there for purchase. I don't care that it's unsupported, I would buy a case of them if I could. I have 2 scale birds with the Naza and love them.
StripedGear is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2016, 08:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Naza H

I love my Naza H. I have 4 helis with the Naza on them. A Trex 500DFC in a UH-1 RCA Huey fuselage. One on a Gaui X4II, and two of them on my Low Head Speed helis, a Logo 600SX and Logo 690SX. The Naza H if set up correctly performs as advertised and does not give me any problems whatsoever. I don't have and don't use the gps, just fly very nicely and relaxing in ATTI mode all the time.
TACO88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2016, 08:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good to hear Taco88. I fly in atti also, which is the same as any other fbl system with self leveling function. The gps is good for when your in trouble or feel that way. The gps only works if you are not giving any cyclic input. You can't fly while in gps lock. It only holds the heli in one place for as long as you let it.

I only mention this cause a few times someone has said to me that we are flying in a gps circle, and so on and so forth. And that's not the case.
StripedGear is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2016, 09:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

For the $$$ Naza-H is a good unit.
When setup correctly, it performs quite well.
DJI no longer supports the Naza-H, but there are people here that can answer many of the questions and help find solutions to issues.

nightflyr is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2016, 02:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have both systems and my pref is clearly the Naza H. WKH is not as easy to set up, but have the semi auto take off and landing. Also to expensive compared w the Naza. But DJI support you can forget,
Kavala is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2016, 12:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Me too, all my 6 helis are fitted with the Naza H except Trex 700 E V 2 that has the WK-H in it. I find the WK-H special in that it can take-off and land in semi-auto mode which means I don't have to switch back and forth between manual and Atti modes during take-off and landing as in the case of Naza H. Once I even forgot to switch to manual after landing and the heli tilted causing expensive damages. From then on, I had to stay conscious when flying with the Naza H and to remember to switch back to manual before landing.

I dont know about WKH but Naza H is still being sold where I live.
kittiwat1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2016, 09:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

WKH for me. One since 2011; the second one is 2015.
sidneyw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in