Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos

MSH Protos MSH Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned User

Post ESC hit low voltage cutoff twice. Bad balance plug connection.

Edit: problem solved. One of the pins on the balance plug was not making a good connection.

Yesterday I had just taken off and the stock YGE 60 hit its LVC. Oops grabbed the wrong lipo, it wasnt charged. No problem just happened to be hovering 4 feet off the deck doing slow piros and plopped it down in the grass.

Today I flew with a verified fully charged pack, and 45 seconds into the flight the ESC cutoff and made a few beeps that I couldnt count because of traffic noise. I'm guessing LVC but I'm really not sure. Lowered the throttle to zero and I heard the ESC rearm itself.

I used the Progcard ii to turn off the LVC protection. Flew again with the other fully charged pack with no issues.

I would really rather over discharge or puff a pack a bit than trash those nice CF blades and whatever else.

Did I have my LVC cutoff set too high? I think it was at 3.1v. And that doesnt explain why it cut off with a full pack. My idle up curve is set a bit low from 60 to 80% throttle btw.

Anyone have some advice?

Last edited by kavic5150; 04-21-2012 at 06:57 PM..
kavic5150 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2012, 10:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Could be a weak lipo that doesn't hold its voltage too well on hard collective maneuvers. When you fly a weak lipo use low rpms and be easy on the sticks. Turning off LVC is also good in this case. Just don't forget to reset and start your timer.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Bad solder joint?

Check the battery connectors and the ESC connectors.

Also make sure all cables are fully plugged on the receiver and on the motor.
Thalios is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you running governor store mode? Regular governor? BEC? What size/type packs? What servos? Just curious because thats what was happening to friends and a BEC solved issues. You shouldnt have to run one and i know many dont but it fixed friends and still have the lvc protection.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned User
Thread Starter Thread Starter

No governor, no bec. Only 2 packs, a nanotech 2650 35c 6s and a blue lipo 6s 40c 2650. I'm under 20 flights on both packs. Servos are hitec hs5245 on cyclic and inolab d261hb on tail.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned User

Exclamation

Just found the problem I think. On the blue lipo I have a bad cell. One of the cells on the edge will not charge past 3.8v and its been on the charger all morning.

Edit: Rubber bands were not to blame. I had a pin not making a connection in the lipo balance plug. I think I will use velcro from now on anyways.

Last edited by kavic5150; 04-21-2012 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: problem solved
Old 04-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavic5150 View Post
Just found the problem I think. On the blue lipo I have a bad cell. One of the cells on the edge will not charge past 3.8v and its been on the charger all morning.

I suspect those rubber bands are to blame. Time to stop using them and change to a velcro strap.
I have 4 Blue Lipo 2650 20C with 98 flights on each. They are actually still good but only for light sport flying. No bad cells yet. Same for my 4 Flightmax packs 2650 20C. Each with over 100 flights but no bad cells. They are all weak but still usable for light sport flying. I use the rubber o-rings.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned User

Yaay. I fixed it.

Last edited by kavic5150; 04-21-2012 at 06:57 PM.. Reason: derp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in