Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2014, 07:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ZYX-S HK450V2 5 Bladed Head Vid

Here is a vid of my recent build with a second ZYXS. My first ZYXS is in a 450S converted to FBL. I have a third ZYXS for another project.

[ame]http://youtu.be/APNnQB7WfVo[/ame]
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2014, 07:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

WOW Masjo
That's awesome I'm in the middle of building the same 5 blade on a blade 4503d got 2700kv motor and waiting for a 50 amp esc with a 13t pionon, I am going to setup a turnigy 3D-H-V2 FBL system but still tring to get my head around it
Your heli looks to fly awesome and very stable congrates great job
If you could pass on some info I would be greatful ,
all the best
cheers watho
watho 46 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2014, 07:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks. This was a 3 day build. No issues at all. Multi bladed heads are very easy to set up because you have more blade grips to gauge your levels at a certain point. Didn't phase the head (don't worry about phasing jargon or rapping your head around it), nore did I track blades or use a level at 0deg.

Follow these very simple steps.
1. Balance all blades
2. Centre all servos
3 at IDLE1, CENTRE STICK. . . . . . level the swashplate. Do it by eye. No need for fancy stuff.
4. Still at IDLE1, CENTRE STICK. . . . . .(with the swash to blade grip links connected) rotate the upper swash counterclockwise full untill it stops, then tighten the swash follower.
5. Now adjust all links untill all blade grips are level. . . . . . .how? . . . . . .just eye up the blade grip ball links, in line with the blade grip in front.

ALL BLADES WILL NOW BE IN PHASE AT IDLE1, CENTRE STICK. This is all you have to worry about. Also you should never have to track blades.

The ZYXS I'm using I downgraded from v4 to v3, 3D stock settings, only MAIN ROTOR ROLL AND PITCH gains are adjusted to 45.

More Info and pics here on my website http://masjorc.limewebs.com/my_rc_gallery.html

Last edited by masjo; 09-17-2014 at 07:51 AM.. Reason: Adjusted info
masjo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2014, 12:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

very nice. Thanks for posting.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Dr. M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2014, 06:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

4. Still at IDLE1, CENTRE STICK. . . . . .(with the swash to blade grip links connected) rotate the upper swash counterclockwise full untill it stops, then tighten the swash follower.
5. Now adjust all links untill all blade grips are level. . . . . . .how? . . . . . .just eye up the blade grip ball links, in line with the blade grip in front.

ALL BLADES WILL NOW BE IN PHASE AT IDLE1, CENTRE STICK. This is all you have to worry about. Also you should never have to track blades.

The ZYXS I'm using I downgraded from v4 to v3, 3D stock settings, only MAIN ROTOR ROLL AND PITCH gains are adjusted to 45.

OK Masjo
WOW so many things to ask LOL
Sorry don't fly in idel1 ??
with your links from swash to blade grips are they verticle ??as when you phase them at 90* they are nearly 45* and very close to binding a pic would be great if poss ??
I have been flying for about 2 years and still just getting into mild sports flying, I love the idea of the 5 blade but wow this is just getting way to much(( I'm going with a turnigy 3D FBL system for now and everybody is saying to use the beastx manual to setup it up just love the complexide of this hobby
any help links, pics would be greatful
cheers watho
Old 09-18-2014, 07:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

watho

I will do pics today as I have an RDO off work so I am going flying. 3day weekend for me yaeeee! Will shoot more vids to.

Also It does not matter if you fly normal or idle1 and 2. . . . . . . . You need to set the head up in idle1 mode to effectively take FULL advantage of your "PRIMARY SETUP". THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! because idle1 and 2 have linear pitch curves.

You can set your normal pitch curve linear and set the head up from there, then RE adjust your pitch curve back to what you like but this is no point.

Setup in idle1 and "get off normal flight mode" and learn to fly in idle1 as soon as possible. . . . . . . .you will have far more flight control with a linear pitch curve. Idle1 and 2 does not mean you have to fly 3d. Idle1 and 2 are designed to have control over full negative and positive pitches as well as the beauty of setting linear throttle curves from centre. . . . which is why we can fly upside down. Sport flying in these modes is superior.

I have only experience with the ZYXS but I'm guessing basic fbl unit set ups are general across all platforms, not to mention we all have very horrible different set ups and this play a major part in setup, flight and performance.

I'll do pics today and explanations the best I can. I set my head up on my own and perfected it with my own terminology and everyone has there own way and I guess we are all experts. Some helifreaks may say no don't do this but do it this way. . . . . . . .my way is. . . .the less messing with these heads the better. . . . .just take what information suits you.

Glad to help. . . .. . Love this hobby.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

watho and other helifreaks. . . . .

Compiled slide show/vid showing easy setup, so i hope this helps

[ame]http://youtu.be/mmmu1hwVpkY[/ame]

Last edited by masjo; 09-19-2014 at 10:14 PM..
Old 09-20-2014, 03:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Masjo
WOW man you should be in moves LOL great vid just what I needed Thank you so much, it has been a pain waiting for parts as I ordered some stuff that was wrong I am using a turnigy 3D-V2 on this project so hopfully that will give me a little more stabilaty and also got some digital servos
will have a play tomorrow and maybe flying in the afternoon will let you know
thanks again for your help and advise
cheers watho
Old 09-20-2014, 03:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

No problem. Glad to help.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by masjo View Post
No problem. Glad to help.

Hi masjo
Thanks for the help think I have the head alsorted but having a real drama with the FBL (turnigy ) have posted problem in the thread above ( mechanics are good electronics suck LOL ) if I can get the FBL unit sorted should be flighting within a couple of hours
Thanks again watho
Old 09-23-2014, 06:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi watho

If you haven't already, search some threads with the same fbl unit as yours. When you do get the electronics all sorted, go back and re check the head, as the electronics need to be fully operable to get the head right.

Good luck. Keep me posted.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Masjo
Have posted in a few sections LOL just have no idea what is going on, all conections seen to be right ( Pos ans Neg,etc)must have the mind of one of my children LOL local help would be so greatful
Cheers watho
Old 09-23-2014, 06:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok. I'm not familiar with the fbl you have. Let me check your posts and see if I can help in any way.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by masjo View Post
Ok. I'm not familiar with the fbl you have. Let me check your posts and see if I can help in any way.

Thanks Masjo
I have a 4.30 start so bed time for me I will have a look tomorrow
Cheers and thanks again watho
Old 09-23-2014, 09:28 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

watho

- What TX do you have (dx6i i see you have listed) confirm?
- TX modulation: dsm2/dsmx

The 3d-h v2 I believe can be used as a stand alone fbl unit (without the use of a regular receiver) by using a satellite. The beauty of using a satellite is to have communication directly with the fbl unit.

If I may suggest. . . . . . .
- do away with your rx and use a satellite
- disconnect everything you have.
- reset the fbl unit if you can.
- start over. . . .make sure you have NEW MODEL SETTINGS in your TX
- find out how to connect the sat to the fbl unit and initialisation process for binding the fbl/sat to your TX.
- make sure your sat has binded to the TX through the FBL unit
- do not connect any servos untill this process has been completed.

I did see a post regarding binding a dsmx sat using the same fbl unit you have. I'll see if I can find it.

FOUND IT:. . . . . . . . to bind with a DSMX sat you need to:
- Insert the bind plug and then power up the 3D-H while holding the button.
- Start your normal bind procedure on your transmitter.
- After binding disconnect power and remove the bind plug.
- Switch on power again while holding down the button.
- LED "A" should blink rapidly.
- Set you receiver type to Spektrum (purple).
- You now can skip points "B" to "G" by pressing the button long until LED "N" (Failsafe settings) comes up.
- Set your throttle stick to the lowest position and press the button once more
- Ready.

Try this and see how you go.

Found some pics that may help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	538048  

Last edited by masjo; 09-23-2014 at 11:28 PM..
Old 10-04-2014, 10:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking

Hi masjo
Well most of killed a chinaman lol spent about an hour stuffing around with the turnigy still no go, set to purple (spectrum) and then to B and freeze, so thinking of trying a sat can you recommend one ???
Frustrated with no heli to fly I butchered the walkera and the blade to see if I could get something to fly used the walkera fbl unit and servos and through them into the blade frame not sure ? But things didn't seem right anyway kept going set the 5 blade head THANKS TO YOUR INSTRUCTIONS
Spooled her up all good about a foot off the ground lost tail and bit the dirt snapped a couple of ball links so dead for the weekend
With the walkera have got a bolt for the main gear wedged in so tight I striped the hex head thinking the only way out is to drill ? Any other ideas ??? A sad weekend
Cheers watho
Old 10-04-2014, 11:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awwww Mannn. Not good lol.

I am using 1x JR EA101 Satellite on my TRex450s Converted FBL, and I have 2x Spekrtum SPM9545 Satellies . . . . . One in the HK450V2 5 Blade setup and the other for my future 600/700 I don't know FBL. So these are two I recommend.

Vid from yesterday of my TRex450S Converted to FBL posted only minutes ago here

Zyxs Trex450S converted to FBL (4 min 33 sec)

As for snapping, breaking etc bolts and heads off these helos can be a pain due to their size and tight locations. I usually bin it and start over but not everyone has this option. Drilling out is an option but you risk the chance of opening up the hole too much and fitting becomes more prone to future alignments.

Last edited by masjo; 10-05-2014 at 01:18 AM..
Old 10-05-2014, 11:38 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Masjo
SO JEALOUS LOL well I'm sure it must be me ??? Double check wiring tried with the servos plugged in and then again with them not plugged in . Just have no idea I can get the purple light (spectrum) good and go to B and just freezes I will try the sat thinking turnigy ??? And if nothing will buy the xyz and give that a go, and after the bin gal yesterday I will get another head setup so then I will have some MORE-SPARES LOL
ARRRRE WELLLL the joys of this hobby
Thanks for the vid on the 5 blade setup it was so eeeeeasy to do
Now all I need is a good pilot and an electrical engineer lol
Hope you enjoyed the long weekend
One other question masjo where do you buy ???
Cheers watho

Last edited by watho 46; 10-06-2014 at 12:48 AM..
Old 10-06-2014, 08:03 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I buy from. . . . . .

PerthRC for genuine SDX and Align parts
Global RC in Perth for genuine Hurricane 550 parts
Rcbits in the Eastern states for scorpion motors
Wattsuprc
EHirobo for copterx Penthead, blades n parts
Rc711
Extreme Production
Hobbyking for flight packs and electronics namely YEP ESCs only. Don't use anything else. (Use to use Plush ESCs). Motors doesn't matter as they are cheap anyways. Cheap 450 parts. My first heli from HK is the HK450V2 ordered and built from the parts list not the kit.
EBay for bash and crash 450 parts copterx etc.

My sdx and hurricane are fully genuine. I have an HBk2 that is fully genuine fitted with extreme parts. My 450s is a full align airframe mixed with HK and CopterX parts. I have 2 full unopened Align TRex450S CF kits. I have 1 full "Gold" 450 airframe, including boom, landing gear, skid, boom servo bracket. . . . but so hard to get hold of the gold metal head and tail units. I know where but have to order more than one unit. Its for a display.

As for radio gear. . . . . . .fully Spectrum and JR. I don't use anything else with the exception of the ZYXs as this was my entry into FBL. Tail gyros Futaba GY520 and Inertia 860s mated to Genuine Futaba S9254s. I'll be buying a DX9 within the next week. Running Spectrum telemerty on my SDX.

Servos . . . . . I was surprised at the BMS661DMGs I fitted to my SDX to get it in the air for pre flight. After 4-5 years wow!! Now using the same servos in my hurricane. Not had a failure. Got these from HK. And many other servos without problems.

450 parts sourced from anywhere as the market is flooded with 450s.

Im in the market for a 600/700 fbl 8-12s but don't know what. Align, a new SDX converted to EP? Hmmm. So I'll be shopping again soon. Oh. . .dx9 first.

The outlets above are my primaries, I have many others but they are only for supply and demand. Ie parts that I desperately need that I can't source locally etc. DAMM Hobby. Aha.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:41 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Masjo
Nice list WOW sounds like you have an awesome fleet, the gold heli sounds amazing
Not sure wether you read my other post but I'm going to send the turnigy back to see if there is a problem with it ,buggered if I know what is going on with it
I watched a vid on the beastx from Ron lound which was very good but still no luck ,it ride to bind it with a standard spectrum rx and then with a orange dmx2 and neither of them would get past the the point after you set the receiver purple,it would not go to blue .
Hopefully the boys at HK can shed some light on it
Keep the vids coming and projects and with an luck I will have the 450 up and flying soon
Thanks again for all your help
Cheers watho

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in