Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2011, 11:59 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello there Mercuriell I thank you for that info. I have been reading the manual for it, and I am starting to understand it. I just have one more question about the receiver. It is an eight channel receiver and where channel eight is it also says the batt. goes there. I thought this receiver was sort of like the specktrum receivers. The voltage to operate it would come from one of the servo wires from my reactor x regulator. Is this like the specktrum, or do I need to hook up the batt to channel eight to make it work. Thanks Mike.
currera501 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2011, 01:52 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can connect the battery to any open channel or with a Y connector, you can also use the S.BUS slot for power.

Doug.
dvelez3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2011, 05:32 PM   #43 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

As DOug says - the + and - on most/all receivers are on a common connection (bus) - if are using electric on just 6 channels you can plug the power into any of the spare 2 sockets - doesn't have to be 8/B - s-bus is great as you only have one connection between the receiver and the gyro/gov module - you can put as many power leads as you like into the rx then this is carried by the s-bus connector lead into the gyro/gov module.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:56 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

I want to thank every one for there help with this setup that I am doing. I just got finished setting up the radio and heli. It seems like I have gotten every thing going okay. The only thing I have left to do is set up the pitch the way I like it. Again thanks to every one Mike.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:07 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Just got my T8FG Super and need help

Hi, the T8FG is my first transmitter, when I turn the power on, I got the message warning idleup3 . How do I get rid of this message? I don't know how this message came up in the first place. Thanks in advance.
kittiwat1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2011, 07:50 AM   #46 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittiwat1 View Post
Hi, the T8FG is my first transmitter, when I turn the power on, I got the message warning idleup3 . How do I get rid of this message? I don't know how this message came up in the first place. Thanks in advance.
Sawadee Khrap THe 8FG defaults (in Mode1 anyway) to Idle3 setup on the left rear top switch SF which is probably on when you power up - try putting all the switches to the rear and the throttle to low stick then power up - should get rid of the warnings - you need to go into the Condition sub-menu of the Model Menu and set all the flight conditions Hold/Idle1-2-3/Throttle Cut to the switches you want - the 8FG gives you great flexibility in this allocation.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:53 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, John for the sound advice. You nailed it. Problem has been solved. You know I'd tried to read the manual for nearly 2 days and yet couldn't figure this out. As a novice to this hobby, the operating manual is quite difficult to understand (BTW, my other hobby is photography and I think the camera manual at least for the Canon 1D MK II professional SLR camera, it is much easier to understand). I'm sure for old timers to the RC hobby, they would have easy time with it. Will have to visit this website more often now. Thanks again.
Kittiwat
kittiwat1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2011, 12:13 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello there it is me again. I want to say that you guys do some pretty amazing stuff with this equipment. I have been trying to set up my radio to my GY 701 but to no avail. Right now I am trying to get the gov. to work right. The problem is I am setting up my head speeds to the idle up modes normal idle 1 & 2 but when I do the head speeds keep changing. Like I set N to 1750 I-1 to 1850 and I-2 to 2020 but when I switch back from I-2 to N it is no longer set at 1750 it is more like 1930 and the same goes for the rest of the flight modes. Plus I cannot get it to show the numbers for the flight modes like 1,2,3 it either stays at 3 or 2 will not show 1 like when I had my JR X9303. When I had that radio set up every thing worked like it was suppose to. Any help will be greatly appreciated. If I cannot get this radio to work I guess I will sell it and go back to my JR X9303.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:01 PM   #49 (permalink)
HF Support

It is very easy to setup gov and gyro if they are both Futaba, I would guess that there is a problem in communicating gain from your tx to the 701, I'd guess you are setting speed on the 701 then the tx is overriding it. Check your tx gov channel is allocated to the same channel that your 701 gov gain is plugged into, usually channel 7, either physically if non sbus or by allocation via the 701 sbus menu iif using sbus - go into Function menu and check where gov is allocated, usually channel 7, then check the gov gain lead of the 701 is plugged into that on Rx. Setup your speed settings on the tx via the gov menu and set the gov switch via throttle stick position oy by and switch usually on channel 8.

Have you watched my 701 setup vids? My next vid on the 750 will be setting up the 8FG for gov and rudder
Old 04-17-2011, 03:50 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Mercuriell I have looked at every video, read every manual and read every post. I have been awake for over 27 hours trying to get this thing to work. Still no joy. So I am going back to the old JR X9303. I just hook the receiver back up turned it on and presto worked like it never was removed. So if you know any one who wants a new system I am going to sell it for $ 375.00 plus shipping. Believe me if I could get it to work, I would like to keep it because I do like it very much. I like the way that you can set it up and every thing. Again thanks for everything Mike
Old 04-18-2011, 04:40 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello,

I'm just new to this forum and I'm trying to set up my TREX 550 flybarless heli with T8FG.
I've seen all the videos by Mercuriell-they are really educational, but I lack very important detail:
I failed to get to the gyro screen

GYRO ACTIVE#1
EDIT NORMAL #1
GY RUD AVCS
GY2 AIL AVCS
GY3 ELE AVCS

after updating to version 3-getting only
GYRO (RUD) at that menu.

It loks like I have some major misunderstanding of how the things should go.

Thanks in advance,
Eli
eli-f is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #52 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli-f View Post
Hello,

I'm just new to this forum and I'm trying to set up my TREX 550 flybarless heli with T8FG.
I've seen all the videos by Mercuriell-they are really educational, but I lack very important detail:

GYRO ACTIVE#1
EDIT NORMAL #1
GY RUD AVCS
GY2 AIL AVCS
GY3 ELE AVCS

GYRO (RUD) at that menu.

Thanks in advance,
Eli
Which flybarless system are you setting it up with? Only the CGY750 will use the multiple gyro menus.
ChrisH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2011, 07:49 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hello,

GYRO ACTIVE#1
EDIT NORMAL #1
GY RUD AVCS
GY2 AIL AVCS
GY3 ELE AVCS

GYRO (RUD) at that menu.

Thanks in advance,
Eli
If using the CGY750, you need to assign gyro2/ and gyro3 to a channel on the function menu screen (I will use channel 9 and channel 10).

Page 4 of the 8fg update PDF.

Doug.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:18 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any rumors about telemetry?
Old 04-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Soon hopefully: http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...taba-forum.net)

Doug.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:09 AM   #56 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Hello,

GYRO ACTIVE#1
EDIT NORMAL #1
GY RUD AVCS
GY2 AIL AVCS
GY3 ELE AVCS

GYRO (RUD) at that menu.

Thanks in advance,
Eli
You need to have MLT2 mode selected - H1 (normal swash) selected and Gyro Gain 2 & 3 allocated to channles in Tx and matching on SBUS menu on 750 - I'm getting to that next
Old 04-19-2011, 03:19 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

I'm setting up the Align FL760 flybarless system.
Why only Futaba CGY750 flybarless has those menus?
How does the Radio know which flybarless system is being used?

Regards,
Eli
eli-f is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2011, 03:26 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 3G doesn't have remote gain capability (except for rudder). it doesn't have assignable channels like the 750 with Sbus. So even if your TX transmits information the Align module will not "understand" nor process it. They just can't talk to each other.
I guess that would be possible with vbar using sbus with a firmware upgrade if there are enough channels within the vbar (not sure I think it's only 7)
HeliBenj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2011, 02:52 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

man thats a sweet radio a guy at the heli field got the same one. i was looking at the t7c futaba heli version
heliguy1600 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2011, 03:05 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuriell View Post
Been hearing good things about this radio for a while - with the recent release of v3 of its firmware update with enticing goodies like multiple gyro control, ready for the Futaba FBL GY750 and stick calibration I had to get one to check out

FIrst video is an overview and updating the firmware - plan to follow by review of the menu functions, some of the new features - like swash end travel trimming and then a complete A-Z set up on one of my helis - probably the Furion 450 for starters - maybe Bob will chip in with his vast Futaba expertise and experience

Video 1 - Futaba T8FG transmitter - overview and firmware update - wmv 81MB

Video 2 - Futaba T8FG - Navigation of Menus - wmv - 54MB

Video 3 - New Features in v3 Firmware upgrade of T8FG transmitter - wmv - 44 MB

Sir thanks for these videos. Can you create a video how to get a switch so I can switch between rate mode and hh? I'm stuck on that and so I'm sure many starter would be stuck on that one. I'm not a begginer yet I don't understand how to setup a switch for switching to use either rate or hh it's very important when setting up a gyro on some gyro. Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in