Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Helicopters

Electric Helicopters Dedicated to larger than Micro/Mini Electric Helicopters of any Brand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 09:03 AM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexaglob View Post
I can recognize these looks LOL.

Yes we are brothers in more than just our hobby…I bet most rc helicopter pilots wifes give them the same rolling eyes look.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:04 AM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I got this paint
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110702085580...84.m1439.l2649
But you may find more in the states in ebay, the shipping was high for me bying from the states.

For leds, i cant find it in my.ebay but they were like this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Blue-Flas...item45f857d97e
only mine are red/blue flashing. I also tested them with 3.7V lipo batt and they work.
The description was declaring 6V-15V. I have these two on the Fp250 get power from the not used servo port of RX2437S, so 5V.

Check this search on ebay, have some more choices.
Flashing LEDs Pre Wired 12V
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=....c0.m270.l1313
Thanks for the links Bro, I’ll totally check them out.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:10 AM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

Okay I’ve loaded up the test flight video of the retrofitted FBL head on my original FP450. Test flight went well…I forget how much lower the head speed is using the untrimmed stock Funcopter blades. This bird just floats around barely using any power at all to fly. The tail seems to be holding well with the larger blades and I got to say I’m really impress with the Walkera internal tail gyro. I did decide to leave the blades untrimmed and see how it does in the fuselage. Now call me crazy for only have one test flight on this bird before installing it into the md500 fuselage…Seriously call me crazy, because you’re not going to believe what happens on the first test flight with the fuse installed.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD1wGMMfgEM[/ame]

Loading up next, the first test flight with the fuse installed. I will say the flight ended in the typical helihankster fashion
Old 09-05-2011, 09:31 AM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIHANKSTER View Post
Yes we are brothers in more than just our hobby…I bet most rc helicopter pilots wifes give them the same rolling eyes look.
Solidarity to our brothers rc heli pilots,
alexaglob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2011, 09:34 AM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Okay I’ve loaded up the test flight video of the retrofitted FBL head on my original FP450. Test flight went well…I forget how much lower the head speed is using the untrimmed stock Funcopter blades. This bird just floats around barely using any power at all to fly. The tail seems to be holding well with the larger blades and I got to say I’m really impress with the Walkera internal tail gyro. I did decide to leave the blades untrimmed and see how it does in the fuselage. Now call me crazy for only have one test flight on this bird before installing it into the md500 fuselage…Seriously call me crazy, because you’re not going to believe what happens on the first test flight with the fuse installed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD1wGMMfgEM

Loading up next, the first test flight with the fuse installed. I will say the flight ended in the typical helihankster fashion
Oh, what happened? the bird was flying so smooth in this video. Waiting for the fuse vid.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Oh, what happened? the bird was flying so smooth in this video. Waiting for the fuse vid.
Well here you go…as far as I know, it’s the worlds first FP450 scale helicopter. hehehe Sorry bud, I’m going to have to leave you in suspend for awhile…as I just got the look from the wifey. Hopefully I will get a chance later to post the outcome. The video isn’t finish loading, but it should be ready in a couple of minutes.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWic2HOA-Y0[/ame]
Old 09-05-2011, 10:17 AM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Well here you go…as far as I know, it’s the worlds first FP450 scale helicopter. hehehe Sorry bud, I’m going to have to leave you in suspend for awhile…as I just got the look from the wifey. Hopefully I will get a chance later to post the outcome. The video isn’t finish loading, but it should be ready in a couple of minutes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWic2HOA-Y0
Good, it dont seem to have damages at least phenomenicaly.
Did it hit the tree?
I think it was the evil eye
Old 09-06-2011, 12:27 AM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

[QUOTE=HELIHANKSTER;3220325]Well here you go…as far as I know, it’s the worlds first FP450 scale helicopter. hehehe Sorry bud, I’m going to have to leave you in suspend for awhile…as I just got the look from the wifey. Hopefully I will get a chance later to post the outcome. The video isn’t finish loading, but it should be ready in a couple of minutes.

Looks good wearing the fuselage. Good thing it wasn't hurt. What happened? Sounds like the LVC kicked in on the esc.
OnGuard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah Guys I got real lucky…thought for sure when I was walking over to the crash site that there was going to be damage. I couldn’t believe it, not a scratch. No didn’t hit the tree this time lol, it happen so fast…one second it was all good, the next second I had no control and was fighting to keep it from coming in hard, third second it was on the ground. At first it did feel like a loss of power, but not the gradual reduce in power you would get if the LVP, OHP or TSLP on the ESC kicked in…plus I had no real control over cyclic. After checking the bird over, the only thing damage was one pushrod. It was one of the links that goes from the rotor head to the swash. The link had separated between the rod and plastic ball end retainer. It’s one of those things where you don’t know if the link caused the crash or the crash caused the link to separate. I did feel the esc when I was checking for damage and it was warm, but not hot. The way I had lost cyclic made me think the link was the cause of the crash. I checked everything over and made up a new link and took her out for other try. Video below is the second flight and everything seems fine now. I’m still worry about the ESC as it is only a 30 amp and I really don’t want the bird coming down do to an ESC shut down, so I will be limiting flight times to five minutes here on out until I can get a 40amp on there.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOyvnVmzgos[/ame]
Old 09-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i'd go with at least a 35a but a 45a would be what i put in it. you're not going to have a lot of airflow to help cool the ESC so maybe a very small fan installed would be good
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
AtTheCross is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's a few pictures of her in her new skin.

I got to say this bird looks cool as hell in the air.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2616.JPG
Views:	414
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	251705   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2618.JPG
Views:	410
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	251706   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2620.JPG
Views:	398
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	251707   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2619.JPG
Views:	426
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	251708  
Old 09-06-2011, 02:30 PM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheCross View Post
i'd go with at least a 35a but a 45a would be what i put in it. you're not going to have a lot of airflow to help cool the ESC so maybe a very small fan installed would be good

Hey ATC, almost missed your post

Yeah you’re totally right, and to make things worse I have installed all the windows, so now there’s almost zero air moving over the ESC. I did make up some neat little air ram scoops to hide the access holes I drilled onto the fuse to gain access to the back screws that mount the frame to the fuselage. They are really just for looks, but I figure every little bit helps when it come to airflow. The largest ESC I have right now is a 40amp and it’s on my Pro and I really don’t want to take it off so I guess I’m going to have to order one up. It’s amazing how the price of an ESC jumps up once you get over 40amps. I’m thinking of just going with a 50amp and be done with it. Do you know of any good deal going on right now for ESC?
Old 09-06-2011, 03:15 PM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

Its s a cool scale heli, beautiful and smooth flying as i see in the video.
Glad she is intact.
The heat and airflow are problems with scale fuselages, maybe the bigger ESC will be a solution as it will provide enough juice without being bothered and overheated.
Also possibly a lower KV motor with more torque will help as the headspeed needed is low, i guess you are not passing the throttle mid position.

Just in case, if you are using the 2801PRO TX check at the DISP menu the RANGE CHECK option to be off as it will lower the TX power and the covered range if it is ON.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:15 PM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is the ESC I use. 40 Amp with 3 Amp switch mode BEC. The slow start works real well on it to.

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...Amp-ESC/Detail
OnGuard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hey ATC, almost missed your post

Yeah you’re totally right, and to make things worse I have installed all the windows, so now there’s almost zero air moving over the ESC. I did make up some neat little air ram scoops to hide the access holes I drilled onto the fuse to gain access to the back screws that mount the frame to the fuselage. They are really just for looks, but I figure every little bit helps when it come to airflow. The largest ESC I have right now is a 40amp and it’s on my Pro and I really don’t want to take it off so I guess I’m going to have to order one up. It’s amazing how the price of an ESC jumps up once you get over 40amps. I’m thinking of just going with a 50amp and be done with it. Do you know of any good deal going on right now for ESC?

heres a 50 amp

https://www.leaderhobby.com/product....=9394001220253
hydmech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011, 01:09 AM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

For 40A check this also
http://www.myrcmart.com/rcx-40a-esc-...es-p-3496.html
But it takes almost a month to have them in hands.
I've bought one yesterday.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:28 AM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Its s a cool scale heli, beautiful and smooth flying as i see in the video.
Glad she is intact.
The heat and airflow are problems with scale fuselages, maybe the bigger ESC will be a solution as it will provide enough juice without being bothered and overheated.
Also possibly a lower KV motor with more torque will help as the headspeed needed is low, i guess you are not passing the throttle mid position.

Just in case, if you are using the 2801PRO TX check at the DISP menu the RANGE CHECK option to be off as it will lower the TX power and the covered range if it is ON.
Thanks Bud, still can’t believe I wasn’t picking up a bunch of pieces. My son is loving this bird…it all he talks about. First time he saw it in the air, he could hardly control himself and now I feel even more presser not to crash it…cause I think it would ruin he day more than mine.

Yeah I knew there could possibly be an ESC heat issue once the bird was in the fuselage. I’m actually think it’s more the weight of the fuselage that is putting too much of a load on the 30amp esc. The motor and battery are staying cool; it’s just the ESC that is getting warm. I think a 40amp would work fine, but if I am going to replace it, just as well go to a 50amp.

Good point on using a lower kv setup. You’re right I’m flying around at half stick, so the 3500kv motor w/13T that’s on it right now is not running very efficiently. I’m real surprised the motor isn’t running hot, but as I said it’s running cool. Mmmm…I will check around and see what kind of low kv motors are out there. You got me thinking…no matter what I do, I need to replace the 13T with a 12T to get the motor rpm up.

Okay I checked the Range Check, it is off, but I will have to go back and check the manual on the Cover range as I can not found it just scrolling through the menus.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:30 AM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnGuard View Post
This is the ESC I use. 40 Amp with 3 Amp switch mode BEC. The slow start works real well on it to.

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...Amp-ESC/Detail

Thanks for the link Onguard, I think I’m just going to go with a 50amp. Yeah probably over kill, but at least I wont have to worry about it ever again.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydmech View Post

Nice Hyd, the price seems good. Have you ever dealt with leaderhobby before?
Old 09-07-2011, 11:34 AM   #120 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
For 40A check this also
http://www.myrcmart.com/rcx-40a-esc-...es-p-3496.html
But it takes almost a month to have them in hands.
I've bought one yesterday.
Wow that’s a smoking price! You’re one hell of a deal hunter Alex. Let me know how well you like it once you have try it out. For that price, it’s worth picking one up just to have.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in