Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2006, 12:33 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Finless = Heli GOUROU

Rick
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2007, 07:54 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default RC Hover's Glitch no more

Just wondering if anyone has this product or knows what value the chokes are?

They can be picked up for £0.25 each, and with a bit of spare heat shrink people can install one for as little as 75p !!!

They have bands with colour coding that is identical to the colour coding on resistors.

Can anyone help me out?
Andy.D.457 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2007, 09:24 PM   #43 (permalink)

Bob,

Any plan to do the build video for Mini Titan E 325?

Thanks
bergkn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2007, 10:22 PM   #44 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I WOULD LOVE TO but honestly I have spent so much out of my own pocket for the last 4 helis vids that I have done that I dont see buying a mini Titan or E-Raptor any time soon!

If Ace would donate a kit I would LOVE to do a series but alas after repeated attempts to contact them with NO response what so ever!, I have to say that I dont see this in my future videos

Maybe some peer pressure? Put it this way... If one showed up tomorrow I would do it ASAP as I thinkthis might be a really good heli! But my little old self cant get thier attention!

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2007, 08:21 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you for the info your sharing with us Bob. The wealth of information here on
Heli Freak is priceless and alot if not most comes from you vids.. thx again

heres a link to some printable drafting paper you can use with Bob's vid Blade Balancing 101

http://incompetech.com/beta/linedGraphPaper/triple.html
going to post this thankyou and link under the correct topic
Scottlclem is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2007, 05:47 PM   #46 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Has anyone had any experience with the helimax mx 450 xs, i am having a problem with the blade tracking. it is brand new and never been flown but i cant get the blades to track, any help would be greatly appreciated.
piezo33 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2007, 12:39 AM   #47 (permalink)

[quote="Scottlclem"]Thank you for the info your sharing with us Bob. The wealth of information here on
Heli Freak is priceless and alot if not most comes from you vids.. thx again

Bob, I have spent just over a week now downloading some of your videos - primarily on the 450XL HDE. Unfortunately I live in a 'dial-up only' region and the local politicians are unlikely to be able to force Cable or faster telephone access in this area. As a result, I can generally only download 1 video per night (while I sleep) as the PC is required for other reasons during the day.

Anyway, what I want to suggest is that having seen and liked your videos, for which I highly commend you for your efforts and dedication, I think that they are essentially static in nature - indeed much of the movement involves hands entering the screen and moving paper, or nuts and bolts, and can be a bit distracting when what we really need to do is listen carefully to your words.

I would like to suggest therefore that you consider putting together your tutorials (those that are essentially static in nature) as PowerPoint (or even Word) documents consisting of photographs (which can most often have better focus, detail, and lighting than video) with printed text. This will enable the viewer to study the pictures at leisure (control the rate of progress through the tutorial), rather than just seeing fleeting glimpses , and in the same way, read the text at leisure. As a side benefit, the tutorial files would be significantly smaller than the videos, quicker to download and a lot easier to reread and refer to later by searching an index to the tutorial, rather than doing fast rewinds/forwards on videos. It would also make the correcting, updating or otherwise revising a tutorial very much easier and more efficient for the producer at a later stage. As in a recent TV advert of a Senior Citizen talking to a youngster who is watching too much TV - "in my day, TV was Books"!!!! You might even consider re-doing an existing video as a photo and text trial-project and getting viewer comments and preferences - hey, as if you didn't have enough to do already right!!!!

As you may have guessed, I'm a 'Senior', as are a significant portion of our hobby .

I'd appreciate your view and comments. TTFN, GrayEagle
GrayEagle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2007, 02:59 PM   #48 (permalink)

hi Bob, have you ever made a video showing how to do a head balancing?
hawkeye4077 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2007, 03:29 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great work on the vids Bob. I am just breaking into the hobby finally upgrading from a CX2 to a HB King2 my first CP heli.

I find your vids very helpfully and enticing to further upgrade my fleet of birds. You make so many things seem so simple for us newbies.

I feel after watching you videos that I could also build me my own helis in the future. All these possible after being armed by the knowledge and expertise that you and your videos provide.

Please keep up the good work and rest assure that you are winning over a lot of newbies like me to this fascinating hobby.
mantral is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2007, 11:15 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Bob did you ever put grub screws on the Gorilla Pro Paddles?
Old 08-21-2007, 01:40 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
I LOVE doing this stuff I really do!
I dont see it stopping anytime soon until I run out of content!

Bob
do a setup on the Walkera 36/ Raptor G2
using a DX6 TX or the HItec RX
I have it working on my CPPro
but seeing how the Walkera's use a single rod and servo for the pitch it makes it tricky without using the stock radio..
Dwntyme is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2007, 07:21 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Roomba Vacuum Irobot vacuum

Hey Bob, Sorta kiding, but not really, figured you for a tech geek. Do you have one of these and have you torn it apart yet to figure out how it works and how to fix it?
Old 10-24-2007, 10:37 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Bob
I have CC Pheonix 35A ESC, and DX7 AR6000 receiver. Do i need to instal Glitch no more in my ESC ?
exceljay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2007, 10:40 AM   #54 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

No you dont need it for a 2.4 radio generally speaking.
These are really used for FM PPM RX's.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2007, 10:54 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, You are the best
exceljay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2008, 02:56 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mr. Finless, have you ever set your balancepro HD up to charge 2, 3 cell packs at the same time?
tdrnmartin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2008, 05:38 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Smile videos in spanish

I like your trex 450 build video, what about the raptors, where can I found building&setup videos of them, specially for the 30 and 50 series for newbies like me , and bob there are a mount of Spanish speakers that are interested in your well done recomendations but in spanish, especially in USA, Europe and of course in my country, what about some videos in spanich or your videos translated with letters below,,,,,,,,,I can help with that if you want,,,,,,,,
ARCK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in