Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2014, 04:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Post Should I get a blade 300x?

I got a blade sr and when I spooled it up the motors burnt out. So I sent it back and they gave me another SR and it also burns motors out i've been thinking about getting a new heli like the 300x since the SR has so many bad reviews and it's been bad from my experience with it but i'm skeptical about the 300x since it is still a blade heli is blade a bad manufacturer or is it just the SR model?
MrMotocross23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2014, 09:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I haven't tried all blade models, but quite a few of the smaller ones (500 and smaller) and my take on it is...up to this point, blade has pretty much made helis for the beginner up to an intermediate/ semi 3d flyer...and IMHO they do a great job for what they are...most of the time, again up to this point, entry level bnf and rtf models... Not all of them are perfect out of the box and could definitely use some needed upgrades but overall I love the company...

The 300x, just like your SR, could most definitely use some upgrades right out of the box but for the price of the 300x, comparing it to the price of a stand alone AR7200BX, you really are getting a he'll of a deal...I would definitely recommend them for someone who is moving up from FP, or some type of direct drive cp heli as they are a great learning tool...

The reason I kept saying " up to this point " is because I haven't tried any of the pro x models but I hear they are pretty badass from jump street...

Another big plus is Horizons Customer Service is second to none in my book...there are very few people that will listen to me tell them a few hundred dollar part isn't working correctly and they send out a replacement within minutes, and asking a few questions....

The choice is yours my friend....and one risk you take with buying a EL BNF OR FTL mas produced rc heli is having to deal with some duds, such as a few srs.you mentioned..but I'm sure they took care of it for you as they are great people...

Good luck with whatever you decide to do man..

Kevin

Last edited by kev0712; 06-14-2014 at 09:37 PM..
kev0712 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2014, 10:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Should I get a blade 300x?

Compared to the blade SR's ancient and inferior head with motor tail, the 300x is a huge improvement in technology, performance and handling. But this also depends on if you have the patience and a bit of skill to get it sorted out and dialed in.

Sometimes they fly well straight out of the box without much fiddling. Others like my first 300x can be plagued by vibration in the stock motor and tail hub. But after solving these issues I love mine and have several now.
thruster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2014, 11:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wouldn't buy a complete one.... but I would scratch build or build from airframe (depending if I wanted CF frame or not and availability of airframe) and getting all the electronics from HK... better heli for less money.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default yes

I enjoy mine. Flys a little loose. But I fly it hard. Pick 1 up used for a good price
rspiegel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2014, 12:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Like mentioned above..great helis to move up to with a little upgrading,hold up well.I fly mine fairly hard ,most of the time in very windy conditions upgrading a bit meaning frame stiffener for sure and I went to metal gear servos so after crash servo stripping is no more.other than that...for the price(there are cheeper helis out there) and great customer service(big selling point)...hands down in my book!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My 300 X`s 001.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	516239  
Old 06-16-2014, 01:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

One issue I had with the 300x is the parts cost to repair it. Compare it to any 450 or x3 out there and you are spending more on the 300x. Granted you can fly the plastic blades and save some money there in crashes. But if you dont fly those, you could cost yourself some dough when you crash. It does fly well.
bgymr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in