Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Introducing the Radikal E640 - Electric Power

RADIKAL E640Electric Power

With its sleek, beautifully painted canopy and extremely rigid mechanics, the Radikal E640 conveys the ideology of Century Helicopter Products bringing extreme performance back into our lineup. The characteristics of supreme performance merged with tremendously powerful electric motors and high voltage offers the pilot increased agility, precision control, and an emotion inducing flight each and every time.

The canopy design is familiar as it is after all part of the Radikal family. The intake scoop at the top of the canopy offers induction cooling requirements demanded by powerful electric motors. Furthermore, the canopy is now easily removed and easily installed but with the design of the battery tray, the canopy no longer needs to come off between each and every flight.

For the best performance Century Helicopter Products recommends Thunder Power Batteries.

EASY BATTERY ACCESS
With a convenient, compartmentalized battery tray. the E640 offers battery protection along with ease of access and swapping battery packs. The battery tray can be slid forward along the sideframe rails to offer CG adjustments in any of the four holes in the side frame depending on the weight of the battery packs.

MAIN FRAME
The push-pull control design provides direct straight input with less load on the servos. This also protects servos in case of a crash as the bellcranks absorb a majority of the impact in case of a sudden stop. This usually saves servos most of the time and prevents the necessity of destroying servo gears or worse, completely destroying an expensive servo. The driven tail design and ease of access to the main gear allows easy main gear changes in case of accidents. The modular tail transmission gearbox can the separated from the main mechanics by loosening four screws on either side.

ALL METAL CNC MACHINED ROTOR HEAD
The clear anodized aluminum head parts show the upgraded head brilliantly without any additions required. With an 8mm solid steel feathering spindle and 92 durometer dampeners, this head is made for extreme 3D performance. The flybarless head has integrated followers along with triple bearing supported blade grips. Along with the dual ball bearing all metal swashplate, the entire system offers +15/-15 degrees of pitch travel. The heavy duty ball links found all over the helicopter indicates this machine means business!

ELEVATOR AND ANTI-ROTATION
The elevator servo is encased in a high strength polymer case that's been cut for ventilation. The anti-rotation bracket ensures smooth linear travel without side-to-side slope in the swashplate offering precision control.

MOTOR MOUNT
The motor mount includes a secondary bearing pinion support. This ensures power is transferred directly to the main gear through the motor shaft pinion. This solid support offers longer life to the motor shaft bearings and prevents shaft tilt during those aggressive maneuvers. The motor mount has been drilled to accommodate motor mount holes in 25mm and 30mm and also for 4mm bolts where 3mm bolts can also be used with the supplied reducer spacers.

TAIL SYSTEM
The rudder servo is located at the front of the helicopter offering protection to the expensive rudder servo in case of a crash. The rudder control system encompasses a bell crank and thick carbon rods providing direct feel tail control. The tail will always feel locked in and will not blow out no matter how fast you fly if you are using a high quality gyro/servo system. The tail boom is also supported by carbon rods. The dual supported pitch plate providing linear control is icing on the cake.

ELECTRONICS MOUNTING
The injection molded polymer front electronics mounting compartment offers a modular platform for ease of mounting various electronics such as your ESC, Flybarless Electronics, Receiver, Etc...

TAIL FIN
With the 25mm anodized tailboom housing a stainless steel torque tube, the thick boom not only amplifies the looks of the helicopter, but also offers increased strength. In addition, the chiseled thin vertical fin finishes off the look of the Radikal E640 by accentuating weight savings yet offers an aggressive appearance.

TAIL GEARS
The open gear box allows lubrication checks to be easily performed. The high strength nylon output gear has been molded directly onto the tail output shaft which provides additional strength without weakening the output shaft with a through pin.

TAIL GRIPS
The triple bearing supported tail blade grips with thrust bearings feel buttery smooth through and through. With an upgraded6mm tail output shaft and upgraded tail hub, this is the most robust tail system we have put out to date.

FOR INSANE POWER
The structure of the components have been engineered to accommodate the most powerful motors on the market today. To enable all that power transfer, an upgrade option has been made with a machined Delrin helical cut main gear accompanied with a helical cut motor pinion for 6mm motor shafts.

GREAT LOOKING KIT
The low-slung athletic appearance clearly indicates what this helicopter is capable of doing in the hands of an advanced 3D pilot.

OWNERSHIP EXPERIENCE
As the sun shines overhead, you pull into the parking lot at your local flying field. You step out of your car and walk to your trunk to gather your transmitter and field equipment. You reach in and hold onto the head of your new Radikal E640 as you slowly pull her out of your trunk making sure not to catch the tail on anything as it swings out. The shimmering sun reflects off the high gloss canopy showcasing the beautifully painted fades of blue, silver and white. As you're looking around to see if you recognize anyone, someone walks towards your car and shouts out, "Hey, is that the new E640?" You reply with an assuring "Yes it is!"

FLY FAST, FLY LOW
As you walk towards the set up tables with your Radikal E640 in one hand and your transmitter and field equipment in the other, you know you're about to fly something special. Even if you're not the most advanced 3D pilot or the hot shot at your local field, you know you'll look the part when you're flying the Radikal E640. With it's sleek looking canopy and advanced engineering, you know each and every time, this is a machine that will PERFORM. If you're lucky enough to be one of the ones that have equipped you're helicopter with a high voltage 12S system and motor capable of handling the voltage, get ready to be surprised by the performance. The Radikal E640 has the ability to run a motor capable of powering most 700 sized helis yet it is in a smaller, quicker package. Fly fast, fly low.

KIT OPTIONS
The Radikal E640 is offered in two varities: Flybar or Flybarless heads. Eveything else is identical between the two kits. Please contact your local dealer/distributor for more information.
Century Heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 08:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you. That makes for quite a long but very interesting read. There are a lot of very good and innovative engineering that seems to have gone into that design.

Will there be other canopies with more visible color schemes made available later?
ngin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That battery rail system is cool.
Grok is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2012, 06:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flight video please -
FR4-Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngin View Post
Thank you. That makes for quite a long but very interesting read. There are a lot of very good and innovative engineering that seems to have gone into that design.

Will there be other canopies with more visible color schemes made available later?
Here's a different color scheme we plan on making as an optional canopy. This will be coming soon.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR4-Pilot View Post
Flight video please -
Flight video will be posted next week.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Really digging the new paint job.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Will Thunder Power 6S-5000 65C packs fit in there? I have 6 of these already.
Greybird is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Let's scratch out the E640 and stretch it over my G20.
Lithuim Ion Dual Pack For Radikal
Rodney is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybird View Post
Will Thunder Power 6S-5000 65C packs fit in there? I have 6 of these already.
In another thread the fellow said the battery compartment was 50mm wide and 60mm tall.That fits my Voltz and my Spyder 5100mah 6s packs with ease.
I must say I really like the Shrek green canopy

Last edited by Dennis P; 03-04-2012 at 09:04 PM..
Dennis P is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2012, 07:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Man, now I want one again.. That heli looks great!
Greybird is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Century Heli View Post
Here's a different color scheme we plan on making as an optional canopy. This will be coming soon.

Oh!!! I like that. It looks to be far more visible for these aging eyeballs.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

does kit come with main blade?
Old 03-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyer101 View Post
does kit come with main blade?
No main blades,it just comes with the stock NX tail blades.Nice kit though I am just finishing electronics on my own E640
Old 04-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Engine option?

Hello!

I have the trx 600 efl and have alot of turningy 3300 mah batterys.
I was planing on using those battery on a 12 S set up?

I have an spear 600MX Brushless Motor (510KV) - what do you think on this helli?
What pinjon?

Anny comments/advise?

Jørn
JOHA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Depending on what you want it should work fine.At mid pack voltage 100% esc power it is showing 2364rpm.This gives you a good range to set head speed .Using the castle 3.0 governor setup it is saying a max of 2070 rpm and just a universal gov calculation says 2158 rpm max in gov mode.This is with stock gear and pinion that comes with the kit.I do believe the 600mx has a 6mm shaft so you may want to get the option helical gear setup with 6mm pinion when you purchase the kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHA View Post
Hello!

I have an spear 600MX Brushless Motor (510KV) - what do you think on this helli?
What pinjon?

Anny comments/advise?

Jørn
Old 06-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

When can i order this canopy Centruy?
DMehalko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

While the color scheme is pretty, I hope there will be other colors like orange or bright red with yellow, white and black combination. The idea is not only to be pretty but also good visibility from a distance in any weather condition.

Thanks,
Rico.
ricoalonso is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHA View Post
Hello!

What pinjon?

Anny comments/advise?

Jørn
Sorry for the delay, but I just noticed nobody had answered your question.

With the standard 103T maingear and the 11T pinion, you will have a 9.36 ratio.

Your 12S/3300 packs will give a calculated 44.4 V under load (3.7V/Cell)

Calculating for a 90% efficiency, this would mean that your 510KV motor would turn at about 20380 rpm

using the 9.36 ratio, that would mean your head speed would be 20380/9.36 = 2177 at a 100% setting of your ESC.

That should give you some pretty sprightly 3D. If you wanted a lower head speed you should be able to safely set any good HV ESC down to 80% or anything up from there to get the head speed you want to fly at.

Of course you can also pick different pinions to go up and down from there relative to using a governor mod in your ESC.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in