Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Eagle Tree Systems

Eagle Tree Systems Onboard data loggers, telemetry, and OSD support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 06:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Gps expander not detected

I purchased the complete osd pro system with gps but I cant get any gps data. While taking a look around the software I noticed it was saying "No GPS Expander Detected". My gps is connected in the top row of pins with the red wire to the outside and the light on the gps is flashing but the logger is not picking up the gps.

I searched around and found other people having problems but not finding any solutions.
vHawkeyev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2010, 07:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location
Default HV?

I know there used to be a problem with high voltages. I believe the GPS does not like much over 5 volts. If you are running high volts that might be a problem.

You may need to active it in the advanced feature of the data logger. I have the OSD Pro but have not installed it yet so I don't have a definitive answer for you.
jrohland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2010, 12:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I have the 150amp e-logger running of a 25c 3s. I presumed the gps could take anything that the logger could. I get the error even when its just on usb power and that's only 5v.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I downloaded the latest version of the data recorder software and under "Hardware - Enable spectrum log interface" it said that this option will disable gps function. So I unchecked that and the gps is now working.

This option was available in the old software but it didn't have that message. I also had problems updating the firmware in the new software. The osd pro firmware kept showing “unknown” but after 5 or 6 attempts with the old software I was able to get it working again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in