Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 06:10 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadsled View Post
That piece of paper they came folded in shows how to trim the tabs off of the batteries to make inserting the batteries a breeze.
this

The skids have pro's and cons. They really aren't ideal but if you tweak them a little they can be really good.

I used the struts, replaced the runners with hollow cf tube (shaved it down to 0.9g) and replaced my broken pin with cf rod that I trimmed down.

Looks good, refuses to break, even in the rare occasion it does I just slap some new CF in them.

They lasted like new for a long time too before I jury rigged em and shaved their weight down.

Putting CF tubes in the lower runners instead of the plastic helped a lot with how heavy they feel because it reduced the weight a lot down low.
tchilds is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 06:52 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default airtime skids

Raddish is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

2 weeks ago I dipped a NEW set of stock skids into low-boiling water until small bubbles appeared on the skids. Pulled them out, let them cool/cure for a few hours, and popped them on the bird and have flown and crashed (low to mid level CP learning curve here) with no skid damage to date ! Working for me so far.
Oh...do not let the skids touch any part of the hot pan...that would not be good...
Old 02-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchilds View Post
this

The skids have pro's and cons. They really aren't ideal but if you tweak them a little they can be really good.

I used the struts, replaced the runners with hollow cf tube (shaved it down to 0.9g) and replaced my broken pin with cf rod that I trimmed down.

Looks good, refuses to break, even in the rare occasion it does I just slap some new CF in them.

They lasted like new for a long time too before I jury rigged em and shaved their weight down.

Putting CF tubes in the lower runners instead of the plastic helped a lot with how heavy they feel because it reduced the weight a lot down low.
can you post a picture of your pin repair?
dge123 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by executive8468 View Post
Trim the batt like the instructions tell you to and they'll slide right in from the rear skid. As for the broken pin, contact Rich about that. He in no way guarantees they are unbreakable, but still went out of his way to make it right with me. Best customer service IMHO!
I emailed rich and all he said was that he was sorry to hear that they broke and asked what batteries I was using. So much for customer service. Oh well, I really didn't want another set anyway.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:50 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default They are garbage

Airtime skids are terrible. I got 4 pairs and should have just gave my money to a homeless man. Do yourself a favor and go get a nice dinner instead. Where did you find 2 dollar skids?
IsaiahSaldivar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 02:06 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I use the Eflite 150mah batteries (with the outer wrapper removed) I have no trouble putting the batteries on and off the airtime skids. (the skids are tough as nails by the way. I've had numerous crashes since installing them more than a month ago and the skids have held up fine.)

Here's a video I made installing the battery in the skid
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BELpziXIAOA[/ame]

easy peezy.
P@reez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 08:36 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have a pair of LowPro's here waiting for my ordered Nano.
Have them on my MSR and mCPx-v2 also. I love them.
RichKnapp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default airtime skids

I ordered a set of the airtime skids recently. I also got three sets of kbdd skids for 5 bucks on eBay. Soon as I break them ill try the airtime ones.
StephenDS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 10:10 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaiahSaldivar View Post
Airtime skids are terrible. I got 4 pairs and should have just gave my money to a homeless man. Do yourself a favor and go get a nice dinner instead. Where did you find 2 dollar skids?
Were you dropping your nano off of buildings? I crashed the hell out of my nano and the airtimes held up great. The battery swapping issue is understandable, but it is kind of a pain with the stock skids, and I think all the flexing to the skids when swapping batteries may be mostly responsible for the pins breaking.
faber is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaiahSaldivar View Post
At Hopmeup.com/E-bay they are glow in the dark skids.
And I agree with you. The Airtime skids are terrible.

Last edited by dge123; 02-02-2013 at 02:36 PM..
Old 02-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by faber View Post
Were you dropping your nano off of buildings? I crashed the hell out of my nano and the airtimes held up great. The battery swapping issue is understandable, but it is kind of a pain with the stock skids, and I think all the flexing to the skids when swapping batteries may be mostly responsible for the pins breaking.
Yes, you are probabley right. I think that weakened the pins.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:27 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I love the AirTime LowPro's. Have them on my MSR and now on my Nano. I must be easy going because I don't understand all the battery loading issues. I trimed the battery tabs off like they say to do and they slides in easy, holds great and improved my CG on both heli's. Haven't broke a pair yet.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine work perfect and you couldnt ask for a nicer guy to buy them from.
Helicaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've got mine on order. But I have to admit, I'm a little hesitant to modify my LiPos. I keep reading about how careful you need to be with them, and now I'm expected to modify the packaging? What could go wrong!

EDIT: Now that I have my skids, I see that it's not a big deal. I thought you were supposed to cut the flaps along the side of the LiPo envelope. Instead, I see you're supposed to cut the ears off the plastic that are there for polarizing. That's nothing.

Last edited by GoatRider; 02-16-2013 at 03:57 PM.. Reason: Clarification.
GoatRider is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatRider View Post
I've got mine on order. But I have to admin, I'm a little hesitant to modify my LiPos. I keep reading about how careful you need to be with them, and now I'm expected to modify the packaging? What could go wrong!
Only the Nano and MSR batteries have to be and trust me. Its nothing. Just use a exacto knife and the fin's come off like butter. I did 8 batteries in less than a minute. More risk of cutting your finger than damaging the battery.

I haven't had to do anything with my mCPx-v2 batteries yet.
BTW: The AirTimes corrected my OEM, tail heavy Nano's CG.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatRider View Post
But I have to admin*
admit
Old 02-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

You don't even need to cut them, just fold the tabs flat one way then the other way, they will break off and you have no worries, I gave my airtime skids a real pasting and theey held up fine

Phil
Philtrum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Stock nano skids are amongst the flimsiest parts I've ever seen. I have airtime lo pro skids on both my nanos and wouldn't have anything else. They are unbelievably durable, and better looking too. And to add to the chorus, Rich is a great guy who goes above and beyond in the customer service stakes.

I found the battery very difficult to insert into the skids initially, but did 5 seconds of surgery to cut the rear battery holder and solved all problems. The skids have held up fine to repeated crashes since:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lopro.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	392114  
Old 02-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

I asked Rich about that modification and was told it would ruin the integrity of the skids.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in