Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2008, 09:14 PM   #141 (permalink)
Registered Users

I spun it in both directions so both gears were spinning and so only the tail gear was spinning as well as the motor, I was spinning it as fast as I could by hand....checked all over the heli and couldn't get a reading anywhere.

I have the metal tail as well as the metal bearing blocks, if that makes any difference.
PTFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2008, 10:12 PM   #142 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I have never tested one before ever actually running it. Check again after you actually run it up once or twice. Of course make sure the detector is on I have a third 500 being dropped off either tonight or tomorrow. It has never been run so I can try it out on that one.
Socal500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2008, 10:16 PM   #143 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will do that..........it will be a few of days before I can run it up as I am still waiting on a couple of battery packs come in.
PTFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2008, 11:04 PM   #144 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I just got the 3rd 500. This one has never been run. I was able to get a reading at the main gear when turning the head backwards within 10 seconds. This is with the tip of the probe about 1/4 from the gear but not touching.

Your GF frame may have something to do with this but I couldnt say until I had chance to test one myself.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:06 AM   #145 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default I will try too

Ask not what your helifreakers can do for you. Ask what you can do for helifreak.

Tomorrow (for sh*ts and giggles) i plan on going to Lowes to buy one of those probe things. I will attempt to determine if the new blingin metal parts make a difference.

My 500 features the following:
--CF Frame
--Metal bearing blocks
--Metal tail case and slider
--Metal hex bolts in the boom clamp/block
--NO GROUNDING

I will have a full report ready by EOD tomorrow. :-)
Old 02-19-2008, 03:26 AM   #146 (permalink)

bobby619, a JFK quote?????
HeliBurns is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2008, 03:40 AM   #147 (permalink)

bobby619, I'm sure that your analysis with "a probe thing"(without an understanding of what you're even doing) will provide the exact solution to whatever you might think the problem is.....

I always refer any electronic questions to "Lowes"...and in a pinch "Home Depot"......I always upgrade my computers there......

"shiites and giggles" is a strange way to imply that you might not approve of how people try to improvise in order to solve a problem that you only read about....
HeliBurns is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2008, 04:19 AM   #148 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wanna thank all of you guys especially Chad for putting to much effort in this. I was also reading other forum's about these issues and was also thinking about grounding everything. Already made a ground to the motor and bought some teflon spray for the belt.

But you guy's are doing a great job is there is anything i could do to help i would love to.

(My bird wont see any flight in the next 2 weeks ESC is dead getting a new Jazz 80a ASAP i'm not gonna wait for a replacement)
Astennu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2008, 07:38 AM   #149 (permalink)
Team Tostada Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliBurns View Post
bobby619, I'm sure that your analysis with "a probe thing"(without an understanding of what you're even doing) will provide the exact solution to whatever you might think the problem is.....

I always refer any electronic questions to "Lowes"...and in a pinch "Home Depot"......I always upgrade my computers there......

"shiites and giggles" is a strange way to imply that you might not approve of how people try to improvise in order to solve a problem that you only read about....
'Burns, would you stop sugar coating everything and tell us what ya really think?

Chas, now that you've identified the problem areas, have you attempted any fix other than the static spray? Specifically I'm curious about the aluminum hex 'fix.' I don't see how this can make a darn bit of difference but it sure is a popular theory.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:09 AM   #150 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Fireup has.... this is a great break-thru.....

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=62101

I am still considering the idea of an aluminum tail drive gear.... we will see how that plays out, but Fireup definitely has the proof.

HELI-FREAK, You couldn't have picked a better place to land !
ChasHeliCop is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2008, 08:56 AM   #151 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I saw the tail grip thing lastnight when testing and thought it might all be generating from there but even without blades it happens so I removed the blade grips and slider so just the tailshaft is there. Still turning by hand I get the reading. We already no grounding fixes it so its back to the main gears.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:23 AM   #152 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

??? Kevin's video shows a buildup with blades and non (or neglectable) without... It also shows that it drains of when grounded...

So what are you saying Socal?
Old 02-19-2008, 09:28 AM   #153 (permalink)

Cool

ok i have been having small glithes since i built my 450 a couple of weeks ago. i have been reading these post and decided to use the silicon spray and it seemed to work. yesterday i was out doing some hovering when i had a phone call i had been waiting on so i landed the heli and carried it and the radio inside and set them both on the floor and answered my call. spoke for maybe 2-3 minutes on the phone (land line) hung up the phone and picked up radio and heli, holding heli by the button on top of rotor. next im not sure if i actually touched door knob or not but right as i was getting ready to exit the door to finish off remaing battery charge the heli spooled up very quickly and i had to let it go. broke main blades, tail blades , shear "o" rings right out from behind blade holders and broke a couple of ball links. my question is does this sound like static problems or somthing else ? never had single glitch with my little blade cx and this is obviosly a much cheaper radio. seems like my super 9 would be stonger than and have fewer problems than the blades cx stock radio but is simply not so in this case. please any help would be appreciated. just pretty flustered over this because i have been very careful in my building and patient in my flight training and now i am repairing my heli and it doesnt seem to be something that should have happened. and yes i should have disconected the battery and will do so next time lesson learned.

thanks, Mark
mark wilks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2008, 09:38 AM   #154 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraaijer View Post
??? Kevin's video shows a buildup with blades and non (or neglectable) without... It also shows that it drains of when grounded...

So what are you saying Socal?
That we have already deteremined that grounding the tail eliminates the build and have moved up to the last remaining source, which is the main gears. Unfortunately grounding a nylon moving part is not so easy but it may not even be necessary. Be interesting to see what numbers show up there.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:39 AM   #155 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark wilks View Post
ok i have been having small glithes since i built my 450 a couple of weeks ago. i have been reading these post and decided to use the silicon spray and it seemed to work. yesterday i was out doing some hovering when i had a phone call i had been waiting on so i landed the heli and carried it and the radio inside and set them both on the floor and answered my call. spoke for maybe 2-3 minutes on the phone (land line) hung up the phone and picked up radio and heli, holding heli by the button on top of rotor. next im not sure if i actually touched door knob or not but right as i was getting ready to exit the door to finish off remaing battery charge the heli spooled up very quickly and i had to let it go. broke main blades, tail blades , shear "o" rings right out from behind blade holders and broke a couple of ball links. my question is does this sound like static problems or somthing else ? never had single glitch with my little blade cx and this is obviosly a much cheaper radio. seems like my super 9 would be stonger than and have fewer problems than the blades cx stock radio but is simply not so in this case. please any help would be appreciated. just pretty flustered over this because i have been very careful in my building and patient in my flight training and now i am repairing my heli and it doesnt seem to be something that should have happened. and yes i should have disconected the battery and will do so next time lesson learned.

thanks, Mark
Sounds to me, like you forgot to set throttle hold, or bumped the throttle hold to off, or bumped the throttle stick, didn't have your thumb on the throttle stick while carrying the radio.

Moral of this story: Always unplug the battery from the heli, when you're not flying it.
BlackTitanium is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2008, 09:45 AM   #156 (permalink)

no i'm sorry to say the throttle was not touched during this accident. I wish it was at least I would know what the problem is. and yes the moral of the story is still unplug when not flying.
mark wilks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in