Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System

Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System Thunder Tiger GT5 Flybarless Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2014, 05:48 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_squiggle View Post
Have a listen to the (***WARNING*** Stop Spamming Helifreak) podcast episodes 133 & 135. They explain very well the whole FBL tuning process & give real world examples. I think you'll find them invaluable.

Will do, thanks!

Armattan Chameleon 5" FPV • Alien 5" FPV • Loki X3 FPV • QAV-R FPV • QAV250 FPV • ZMR 250 FPV • Mini Titan V2 FBL • DRL * HotProps • Phoenix 5
seattleite09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2014, 06:00 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default After three packs today :)

Happy heli after three packs today...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140507_001.jpg
Views:	883
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	507398  

Armattan Chameleon 5" FPV • Alien 5" FPV • Loki X3 FPV • QAV-R FPV • QAV250 FPV • ZMR 250 FPV • Mini Titan V2 FBL • DRL * HotProps • Phoenix 5
Old 05-08-2014, 04:42 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

You'll get more flying in if you get batteries with like a 5 C charge rate. You can charge them at 4 C in around 12 Minutes or less. 12 Minutes to charge is nice when dark is closing in quickly.

Awesome looking bird!
Old 05-11-2014, 10:02 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattleite09 View Post
OK, so lower swash D gain, increase swash I gain, and ensure 8 deg cyclic range.... I will try, and will report back.

With no wind today (or very mild wind), I experimented with piros a bit. I managed to spin 3 times in place (both directions), before I felt the heli needed leveling corrections. In forward flight, when tight-turning, I can keep pirouetting for a long time, and there is no destabilization of any kind. It flies really well. The only issue seems to be when spinning in place, while hovering.

I did stall turns, fast circuits & figure-8s today. Stopped short of entering loops but I felt I could have easily done that. It flies GREAT; I absolutely love it. It feels so much quieter yet more powerful than my Trex 250 -- it's just incredible. I can't wait to fly it again! I need more time and more batteries!!
Great weather today! So I flew some more and tweaked the GT5 a bit. I experimented with higher swash I gain, which led to bobbing in fast forward flight. I gradually lowered until that went away, at I=40. I can't go any higher than that at total gain 100. My swash D gain is already at 0, so I am not even sure what it means to lower it into negative range... so I left it at 0.

Bottom line, no improvement in in-place/hover piros. Something else's up.

I took a look at the TX while hovering. I was at 60% throttle and 52% collective (5 degrees). Seems OK to me.. I plan on re-checking the CG/balance. Still digging.

Last edited by seattleite09; 05-12-2014 at 10:00 PM..
Old 05-13-2014, 01:23 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Inverted flight today!

I flipped it for the first time today. Though first "accidentally" in normal mode, LOL . Subsequent flips in IU1 went great! I had to lower the I gain even more: it's now I=35, and flies better than at I=40.

Here's what works best for me so far, on the swash:

P=80
I=35
D=0

On the tail:

P=60
I=40
D=10

I also bumped up the "hoover" (hover) factor to 5, which improves hovering stability a little bit.

I was expecting to have to lower the total gain in IU1, but that was not the case. The heli felt locked in, and there was no bobbing or wagging of any kind. I left it at Gain=100.

Last edited by seattleite09; 05-13-2014 at 04:50 PM..
Old 12-28-2014, 10:33 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattleite09 View Post
I flew my MTv2 with GT5.1 for the first time last week, three batteries, normal mode only.
Overall it flew really well, though I do have some questions:

1. Compared to my Trex 250, the MT felt "floaty". Hard to explain, though I suspect it has to do with the way the GT5.1 gyro stabilizes the larger heli. On the 250, tilting the heli will make the 3GX gyro compensate swiftly and heavily. The swash stays level at all times. On the MT, the GT5.1 compensates a bit, and the swash tilts in the opposite direction of heli's tilt, as expected; however the swash does not stay level. The compensation is nowhere near as heavy as the one induced by 3GX. Is that normal? Is there a way to set the GT5.1 to compensate more?

2. Can the floaty feel be attributed to the 450-size alone? On the simulator, a Mini Titan feels different from a 250, but not quite as floaty.

3. Tail blows a bit on a hard ascent. Can that be attributed to insufficient RPM? I am using the normal mode curves for thr+pitch as suggested by the MTv2 manual.

Here are my gt5 settings, for the reference..
P:120
I: 100
I D-stick:100
D-sense:30
Feed Forward:90
I-lim:25
Hover:4

Tail:
P:85
I:80
D-sense:10
Tail-D-DB:10
Tail Asym:0
Tail Dyn:20
DMA-cyclic:0
DMA-pitch:0
Smooth Stop:0

Thanks.
Hi,

What are you pirouette settings.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in