Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 10:08 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

DAMNED! ...just busted-up the gears in a brand-new HS-225BB fiddling with these damned retracts. Don't think I want to build another heli with retracts.

Cletus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2009, 01:35 PM   #22 (permalink)

What seems to be the problem?

I did not find it all that difficult a number of years ago when I installed some in their 30 size B222.

I found using the servos ATV settings and using the proper length of servo arms made it easy.

For me, the biggest issue was that the 30 size fuselage did not have much "hand" room to work inside with.

You may want to PM CopterDoctor (he usually hangs out here in the HF scale forum and in the RR scale forum) as he has done many such installations.
RAV50 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2009, 03:46 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got it just about sorted now. Just awaiting a replacement HS-225BB (actually I ordered two). Once that gets here the mechanics go into the fuse and I should be all set to maiden.
Lighting works fine and the mechanics package setup and flew very nicely last weekend. Quite impressed with how that went.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still waiting on the servo to arrive, looks like another weekend going by without the 222 getting into the air ....USPS just sucks!

Old 11-07-2009, 03:34 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep, getting the retracts just right took me some evenings. Hope yours turns out well in the end. Mine is fine now, it's never needed reasjusting or anything since initial setup (3 years a, the heli has never crashed).
HarveyR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2009, 06:45 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

The FedEx flight came-in last night with a replacement servo, so I will have it on Monday and should maiden next weekend. In the meantime, USPS has located it and I should have the "lost servos" in about a week. Looking good!

Old 11-09-2009, 07:25 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

YES! ...IT'S DONE!
Busted two HS-225BB servos along the way ...but IT'S DONE!
Looks like this thing will maiden on the weekend. None of the adjustments were changed since I flew and trimmed the mechanics, so I expect just minor trim changes are the order of the day!

Old 11-12-2009, 07:07 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Could not resist spooling-up on the front lawn between the wife's plants.
Wow!, this thing is stable! Got a good hover going with about four feet space each side of the rotors to the lady's prized plants ....No plants were hurt in the testing of this heli

Old 11-14-2009, 09:38 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here are the stills from the Maiden flight today. Wow! …she’s pretty and she hauls arse!

Last edited by Cletus; 11-15-2009 at 07:07 AM..
Old 11-15-2009, 08:19 PM   #30 (permalink)

Cletus,

That heli really looks sweet!!
RAV50 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2009, 11:22 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks good... but haven't you got the legs (for the wheels) the wrong way around, shouldn't they be "pointing" forwards ?
HarveyR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2009, 02:20 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ahh ....you noticed that?
Actually, it's the only way I can get the darned retracts to work. The other way around, they bind on stuff. Works pretty good, so i'm not messing with that darned thing again. Just flying it and having fun. BTW, she gets lots of looks at the field!

Last edited by Cletus; 11-16-2009 at 04:58 PM..
Old 11-17-2009, 03:52 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Could never reach the GEAR switch easily while flying.
I've now setup the gear to be down in NORMAL MODE and up in ST-1 and ST2 (got the ST-1 and ST-2 Throttle and Pitch Curves set the same as NORMAL MODE for the time being).
This way, I can easily retract and deploy the gear in-flight with my left Middle-finger.
As a bonus, if the gear is retracted and I invoke THROTTLE HOLD, as in the case of initiating an auto-rotation landing or in an emergency situation, the gear is automatically deployed.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:01 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

this has been a good read for me .I have 3 century airframes sitting around and have been tinking of scaleing them out,the 222 is the same basic fusalage as the airwolf right?
the next question is i see that you used a scale muffler.I'm wondering if there is a fusalage that a typical tuned muffler will fit in.
I thought it would be cool to have looks and power, i think it would be cool to see a airwolf or 500 d doing rolls and loops or split s's.
MAXHSHV is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2009, 05:09 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXHSHV View Post
this has been a good read for me .I have 3 century airframes sitting around and have been tinking of scaleing them out,the 222 is the same basic fusalage as the airwolf right?
the next question is i see that you used a scale muffler.I'm wondering if there is a fusalage that a typical tuned muffler will fit in.
I thought it would be cool to have looks and power, i think it would be cool to see a airwolf or 500 d doing rolls and loops or split s's.
From what I understand (never seen the Airwolf fuse myself), the 222 and Airwolf fuses are very similar. that being the case, there's not much room in the fuse and doubt that a tuned pipe would get in there.
If I had to do it again, I would go with a Trex 600E (no smoke, closer to turbine sound, and no cleanup).
Been thinking about doing a Black Hawk next, but the tail rotor arrangements seem too make-shift and iffy for my liking (flex-shaft, tight fitting gearbox, and factory recommendations against using a Heading Hold Gyro).
My daughter shot some video last night as we flew the 222 after the sun went down, to see the effectiveness of the Nav Lighting. Will post it later today when she downloads it from the camera.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:13 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not great but here's a little video clip.
http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n...2atSundown.flv

Old 11-25-2009, 09:04 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have the same heli other than Mine is all black stripes. I bought it used and has crash damage that I have to fix first this winter. I really wanted the blue one.....#%$@%## Cletus! @$%*#%_(#%&_% HEHE!
I have the Nitro frame for it as well all set up save for motor and servo's but I'm really thinking I may put my trex 600 with A123 Batteries in it for a more realistic sound and look...... I'll get the body finished this winter and figure it out.

Way to go, the nav lights look great. I'm officially jealous your's is in the air. Take good care of it.......

PS- I wonder if that would fit in a giant golf case..... Maybe take the heli on a flight???? Just thinking out loud.
MAAC#78357 IRCHA#3269
AlignT-Rex 450 SE V3 2221-8/ Align T-Rex 600N,OS55HZ /
Align T-Rex 600E 12S A123's / Align T-Rex 700N YS91SR/
Bergen Intrepid EB Zenoha 260/
terrybeb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2009, 02:56 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Terry:
Trex 600 Electric would be ideal in that fuse I think. Sorry now, that I did not go that route. I had some tail-rotor control-rod binding issues and I also felt it should be a tad nose heavy and needed about 3-ozs of nose weight. Took care of all that this morning before going to work
Come Saturday, I'll fly the crap out of it again
Cheers, Cletus

Old 11-26-2009, 08:12 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You might want to use this for your retracts to get the proper scale speed and setup. Not sure if your using something similar or not. I just found it.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=8863
MAAC#78357 IRCHA#3269
AlignT-Rex 450 SE V3 2221-8/ Align T-Rex 600N,OS55HZ /
Align T-Rex 600E 12S A123's / Align T-Rex 700N YS91SR/
Bergen Intrepid EB Zenoha 260/
terrybeb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2009, 08:53 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used the NFSD2 Servo Slow Down Module to achieve scale speeds and a JR Matchbox to be able to fine-tune individual endpoints on each of the three HS225BB servosand also allow reversal of one of the servos.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in