Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Nitro Helicopters

700 Class Nitro Helicopters 700 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2014, 08:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default fluel tubing for lynx MOAS

Hey everyone I'm finishing my trex 700n build and I have this holding me up. I'm using the lynx MOAS, I ordered some Lynx Heli Innovations Super Fuel Line LX0134 and the stuff is really flexible but the ID is so small I have trouble getting it over the fittings. I'm using Lynx Heli Innovations High Pressure Fuel Tubing 2.5 x 5 - 2MT LX for the rest of the heli, I think it is far to thick to use as clunk line. So what is the best line to use with this clunk ? Should I stretch the lx0134 over the fittings ?
jveneziano is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2014, 09:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use the same fuel tubing on my nitro it takes a bit of work to get that line on the clunk but it will work. I would not try to use any line with a larger inner diameter as the clunk may fall off in flight.
boogie12 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2014, 10:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

It will take a little work to get the thin tubing over the Lynx MOAS clunk but that's the line to use. Don't use the thicker line that is meant for your line to carb & pipe.
nynextel88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2014, 12:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use Hayes for my clunk line:

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...uel-Line-122cm

Just make sure to cut the line a little shorter than normal - 1/8 - 1/4 inch shorter, as it will stretch a bit after its soaked in fuel.
OXY rep
DCflyer is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2014, 11:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use the lynx clunk like and love it.
One thing worth mentioning. It is a bitch to get it on, and I have had some problems with it splitting over the barb on the fuel nipple and the clunk over time. ( about 2 gallons) I used a dremel to grind down the barb so there is no stress on the line. It is so tight that there is no chance of it slipping off without it.
I got 4 gallons thru it now and no splits the line is still solid.
The Hayes line is good too, but it's not as flexy as the lynx. I am using the outer hole on my tanks with a little extra line to reach all corners in the tank, and have had no problems at all.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Lynx moas and clunk line is top notch! I tore my tank down after a years worth of flying and both are still like new. Lynx got it right!
Old 06-04-2014, 01:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have read in a couple of thread that the Lynx MOAS has a tighter draw and will lean out the engine a little and you need to richen up mixture before running, is this true?
Old 06-04-2014, 02:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've not heard of that. If you look at the porting in the carb, it doesn't make sense. Even the Lynx tinyass line is larger than the fitting ports. Not to mention the pressure drop of filters and clunks.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob43 View Post
I've not heard of that. If you look at the porting in the carb, it doesn't make sense. Even the Lynx tinyass line is larger than the fitting ports. Not to mention the pressure drop of filters and clunks.
Great, already installed one, and was hoping that was the answer! Can't wait to try it out this weekend.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using Dubro neoprene clunk line.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I was going to try the Hayes clunk line, since everyone at my field seems to love it.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's high quality stuff for sure. Never experienced an in-tank issue with Hayes, but I've only got maybe 24 or so gallons under my belt. I've also not used with with the MOAS. I did, however, use Hayes with OMI Fuel Magnet before without issue.

I also thought it was tricky getting the Lynx clunk line over my tank nipple. It goes over the MOAS barb much easier due to design of the end of the MOAS fitting, but the metal Align fitting was trickier. I did it several times, though, as I kept test fitting length.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:13 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default what tube to use with the MOAS

It seems the Hayes and the Lynx tubing are both discontinued and not available, so what to use now?

I have a Terex 700n, I am currently using the thin green tube that came with the kit but when I installed the MOAS it is floating.

What about adding a nut or metal spacer over the line at the filter to help weigh it down?

Any advise would be appreciated
Drivelayer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2015, 11:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can use any of the DuBro line fuel tubing. Its good quality stuff and cheap as well.

http://www.heliproz.com/rc-helicopte...dub2235/p13003

They come in many different colors but I prefer the clear stuff since you can't see where the fuel is at in the line when you use the colored versions.

The Lynx MOAS is more of a floating clunk but its large in diameter so it soaks up fuel. I use the OS bubbleless clunks on my machines. They are heavy and more like sinkers but they're not cheap.
OXY rep
DCflyer is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2015, 12:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks dc flyer I appreciate the info. I had flown an os bubbles before and wasn't happy with it. Still seems to suck alot of air and lean out once I hit 1/4 tank.

This is the first time trying an moas..
Drivelayer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2015, 08:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I used the Lynx line, but I stretched a 1/4" piece over it as well, at the nipple end. To strengthen it. THEN, at the clunk end, I put a bearing over the line, put the clunk on the line and pulled the bearing over the barb. Locking the line on and giving the clunk just a little more weight. Is it needed? I dunno, but it cant hurt. I also use the outer hole in tank and my clunk will reach the left side, and will make a circle to get the right side of the tank. Clunk line is long basically
"Tri-Flow"
I put that S*** on everything!"
banditpowdercoat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2015, 07:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivelayer View Post
It seems the Hayes and the Lynx tubing are both discontinued and not available, so what to use now?

I have a Terex 700n, I am currently using the thin green tube that came with the kit but when I installed the MOAS it is floating.

What about adding a nut or metal spacer over the line at the filter to help weigh it down?

Any advise would be appreciated
Yeah I just picked up a few LYNX MOAS clunks and now realizing they recommend the LX0134 line. Normally I use the Hayes line and didn't realize these things are so light. Really disappointing LYNX has discontinued the recommended line.
moore429 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2015, 07:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore429 View Post
Yeah I just picked up a few LYNX MOAS clunks and now realizing they recommend the LX0134 line. Normally I use the Hayes line and didn't realize these things are so light. Really disappointing LYNX has discontinued the recommended line.
The more I think about it Lynx should include a piece of line with the clunk seeing its specifically designed to work with LX0134 line. Just sent a message to Lynx to see what they recommend.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Somewhere here or at RR, I read Luca saying they can't seem to get their clunk line made anymore. Maybe you will get a more favorable response.

One problem now is the decreased demand for these aftermarket products. Makes the details hard to nail down.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob43 View Post
Somewhere here or at RR, I read Luca saying they can't seem to get their clunk line made anymore. Maybe you will get a more favorable response.

One problem now is the decreased demand for these aftermarket products. Makes the details hard to nail down.
Yeah Lynx responded that I can use any clunk line. What a joke!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in