Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2015, 03:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default GPro Impression- First Field Fly

I'm super pumped on this new Gpro, today was my first 3D flight. The setup is so easy and makes it nearly impossible to screw it up. The supplied USB interface is very long and plugs in so easily. Just make sure to open the program and let it search before plugging it in.

The setup was such a breeze and so intelligent, I was dying to see how it'd fly. I have it right now on the 450L with a Castle Edge governed to 3100 rpm.

After a little gain tuning, I have to say that it feels its perfect to me. It does everything well. It flies very naturally yet you know its keeping things in line. The helicopter floats and pops but still holds a very tight and straight line. I especially like how it takes off. Its so seamless, that I have trouble feeling when its making corrections. Its just fluid like silk. Piro flips are effortless and it seems to hold itself at center.

I'm really happy to have gained so much trust with it so soon as I'm putting the Gpro on my 600L next. I still have a 450 with V5 3GX so I'll be making some videos to highlight their differences. The 3GX may be difficult to setup and quirky, but it still rips on V5.

One thing is for sure, the Gpro is not a 4GX. Its completely different. I was definitely worried about jumping to a new FBL system, but man this thing is epic. Before buying these helicopters, I was going into the dark... no one was talking about the Gpro and those who did, were just shifting blame from the 3GX. I'll make some more videos to prove it, but man the Gpro is the real deal.

PS. It needs it own Forum... far away from the 3GX Forum!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150305_121245.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	573524  
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2015, 06:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the input I only have one helicopter with the 3Gx 550E. I am thinking of adding another 500 but was going to go with Ikon instead of the 3Gx. or GPro because I am not sold on the 3Gx yet. It does work well but it is not as stable as I would like I am running V5 which did help the takeoff problems but have the gains all the way up to get it to fly correctly.
WBTRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2015, 10:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I agree. I have the 3GX gains pegged on both pots all the way right. It still flies pretty amazing and I actually really like it.

But its a quirky PITA unless you know it inside and out.

Now the Gpro is just super easy, intuitive, intelligent and man it flies awesome. I'm very happy with it.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love the gpro too. I have been wondering why does it not have its own forum yet? How do we make a forum for it or who do we contact? I am sick of going through 3g and 3gx forums for threads.
MikeW9788 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2015, 09:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

They know about it I'm sure. It seems to take awhile for them to add a new forum. And especially now with the server they have been working on lol.

But I like the new HF server. The graphics and text are better. Though pictures still are not uploading correctly.

So maybe their plate is full.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeW9788 View Post
I love the gpro too. I have been wondering why does it not have its own forum yet? How do we make a forum for it or who do we contact? I am sick of going through 3g and 3gx forums for threads.
That's funny I just sent a message to Helifreak about just that.
It really needs it's own section.

The Gpro is so good I'm really considering dumping my mini vbars for the Gpro. I've been flying my cheap goblin more because it handles so well compared to the mini vbar.
HF needs to show it some love. I really should bite my tongue though I've gotten them so cheap I've upgraded my entire fleet to Gpro. If people knew how great they fly they wouldn't be parting with them so cheap.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I definitely feel the biggest issue with the Gpro is the stigma attached to it following the 3GX. The Gpro is definitely a completely different animal compared to the 3GX.

While the 3GX could ultimately be setup to fly pretty decent, it was quirky to setup and was susceptible to abnormal vibrations coming from the mechanics of the heli.

The Gpro is much more straight forward to setup, and only requires minor tweaks, if at all, to get flying just fine.

I have converted 3 machines in my fleet from 3GX to Gpro, and have been impressed with all 3. The true test would probably be on my T-rex 250, which I have not, as of yet, switched over. It seems to be the one with the most pesky resonant vibrations.

Mark
Old 05-02-2015, 05:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyersd View Post
I definitely feel the biggest issue with the Gpro is the stigma attached to it following the 3GX. The Gpro is definitely a completely different animal compared to the 3GX.

While the 3GX could ultimately be setup to fly pretty decent, it was quirky to setup and was susceptible to abnormal vibrations coming from the mechanics of the heli.

The Gpro is much more straight forward to setup, and only requires minor tweaks, if at all, to get flying just fine.

I have converted 3 machines in my fleet from 3GX to Gpro, and have been impressed with all 3. The true test would probably be on my T-rex 250, which I have not, as of yet, switched over. It seems to be the one with the most pesky resonant vibrations.

Mark
I've done my 250 it's flawless just like the rest.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Agree. I have the GPro and it is amazing. Works perfectly. The heli takes off so smooth. Adjusting parameters with bluetooth is a breeze and the tail holds really nice now.
Hawkboy000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2015, 09:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes! It does take off perfectly. I recently discovered that it is even better with a governor enabled. Really impressed with the Gpro and happy that Align got a FBL system going.

I also picked up the bluetooth and agree... makes life so much better.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, the Bluetooth dongle is really slick for flight line adjustments from my Android phone. I don't know if it's necessary, but I always reboot the flight system on the heli after any adjustments.

Mark
Old 05-03-2015, 05:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is necessary yes. Though the adjustments you make are live via the software.. They will not take effect until the Gpro is power cycled.

I learned this in one of those demo videos on Youtube. I think it's also in the manual. I've even started using the bluetooth to do full setup. Its much easier to hold a phone and watch servo horns to center them.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just the same here, tried it first in my 600l and then I choose the 500l as my new 500 cos the gpro bundled with the kit.

This system is so straightforward and so easy to setup that maybe a new forum is not needed at all LOL.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

This thing just flys so good It's like cheating! The SIM is harder then flying this Gpro heli.

the Gpro and a goblin are like a reese's peanut butter cup “two great tastes that taste great together" And the logo is like they want you to put a gpro on a goblin

I just can't stop flying it
Old 05-04-2015, 03:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1071 View Post
This thing just flys so good It's like cheating! The SIM is harder then flying this Gpro heli.

the Gpro and a goblin are like a reese's peanut butter cup “two great tastes that taste great together" And the logo is like they want you to put a gpro on a goblin

I just can't stop flying it
Haha sweet! [emoji3]
Hawkboy000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2015, 09:17 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome Goblin. I just put the Gpro in the 600L and it's even better on a bigger helicopter.

I couldn't ask for a better performing FBL unit. Just a little time tuning the tail getting the Rudder I and P gains cranked up and this thing is perfect.

The Piro comp is insane. I can do piro pump pitch pumps will eating a sandwich.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks

Just picked up another new Gpro this week. I don't even need it but people are blowing them out for next to nothing on here. I don't get it.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep. They automatically assume its a 4GX. We know its not though, so we can buy them for next to nothing.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

And the 3GX is as cheap as it can get and in v5 its hardly any worse than Gpro or any other flybarles, but at 1/5 of the price!
Mateyhv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2015, 03:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

So glad you said that Matey... I agree 110 percent. V5 3GX is really about the same as the Gpro in flight. Maybe just a little slower to compute in extreme 3D and tail can't keep up as well. But overall, they are both hard to fault when working correctly.

The Gpro outshines the 3GX for its super easy and straightforward setup. No BS quirks and work arounds the 3GX had. But if you understand the 3GX and know how to avoid its potential disaster setup procedure, you can make it rock.

No complaints here though folks, you don't want your Gpro, send them to me. I'll keep a nice little stock of them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in