Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System

Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System Thunder Tiger GT5 Flybarless Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default GT5.1 Help needed - How many channels and sats ?

I have just received the new GT5.1 and I am struggling to set it up correctly.

First of all ... on the setup sheet (note 8) is says the GT5.1 requires a 7 channel receiver to work ............. is this correct ? ... I only have a DX6I

Next .... with 2 satellites connected, only one of the satellite led's light up during binding .... is that correct ?

I have Align servos 510 on cyclic and 520 on tail ..... when checking the frequency settings ..... I find conflicting information on the net ... what have others used ?

Is 200hz on cyclic and 333hz for tail sound abour right ?

Overall I am finding this unit to be more difficult to set up than an AR7200X .... But I wont give up yet !

cheers
nbells
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 03:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

you need:
1: ail
2: elev
3: rudd
4: pitch
5: thro
6:Gain
not sure for what the 7th 'd be...

try plugging the lightened one out and check if its working (maybe make sure if the motor doesnt start first)

check this for frequencies: http://www.beastx.com/service_servoliste.html

its easier if you do it a few times
almigurt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

GT5 reads channel 7 for "overall gain", so if it doesn't see a channel seven output for gain at 100%, you probably won't have any gain,.. although it could mean you'd be stuck at 50% gain (channel in center, but I think it will actually read as bottom so zero gain). If you use a real reciever, you can use the composite cables and plug your channel X output into gain so it doesn't really matter which actual channel it is. With my futaba tx you can also move any function to any channel so it doesn't matter as long as you have enough channels since there is flexibility to move the functions around.
gwright is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2012, 06:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Connected up 2 new satellites and still only 1 of them lights up when binding .. Even if I change the staellites over, its the same "satellite channel" on the GT5.1 that would light up.

Maybe its meant to be like that ?

I used the 200hz and 333hz for the servos and so far they seem to be behaving and show no signs of heating up !

Sorry .....Still don't understand this tail gain statement, its doing my nut in

Just getting desperate to fly before the weather turns too bad !

nbells
Old 10-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gt5 has no tail gain which can be. Adjusted from tx. Just a general gain which should be at 100
Classical gains csn be adjusted in gt5 pid menus

Theres a big guide ... Garys guide.. I'll give you a link

http://www.crackroll.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3610

Maybe this will help
Old 10-06-2012, 01:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

As I remember with the first GT5 that extra channel was so you could switch between different total gains with the gyro switch , never worked for me until I rewired with a separate reciever, then there was some hocus locus with the wiring ( I emailed TT to get instructions ). Still is a useless feature for me.
mrultralite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well its ok if you need a "disarming" function if your gyro is overreacting.
Never used it though it reduces everything.. Gyro sensivity, servo travel etc.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks for the replys guys ..... will give it another go when the weather is better !
nbells
Old 10-16-2012, 07:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

The "overall gain" doesn't change travels, only gain. It reduces/increases overall gain,..i.e. both head and tail Proportional gain. I Actually use it now, with quite large changes, to allow the drastic rpm ranges I fly in my three modes (1180/1600/1850). I have it at 100 and set all my gt5 stuff in the 1180 mode, then reduce overall gain for the higher revs to eliminate tail wag. I think I'm down in the low 60's on overall gain at 1850. At first I didn't like the overall gain feature and thought they should at least seperate the tail since tail gain must go down with higher revs but swash gain can actually go up in most cases. However, what I've found is that the swash gain dropping at higher rev modes doesn't really have any adverse affects and although swash gain is lower than it could actually be, it holds just fine. I've played around with the higher rpm mode by dropping the tail P and I gains so I could almost max out the swash P and I while leaving overall gain at 100. Doesn't make a noticable difference in the swash feel,...i.e. if it has enough gain to hold, it holds, and I don't find that higher gains make a huge difference on swash, so I re-balanced the gains at 1180 and just drop overall gain in high rev mode to eliminate tail wag. One little caveat is the Integral gain on swash. I like it very high (with my servo travels I can actually max it out at 125/127, I forget which it is). The difference high I gain makes is far better piro compensation. The negative is that if it's too high then in the really low rpm mode you can get a slow tail up/down oscillation intermittentantly. It only moves a couple degrees up/down so it's not major, and I just try to tweak the low rev a few rpms each way to find where it goes away. That's why my machine with 715 blades is at 1180 and the one with 695's is at 1220 in the low rpm mode <G>. All the sane pilots that fly a single rpm, or within a couple hundred, won't need to change overall gain. Those of us that want to go high plus really low , must compromise a bit.
gwright is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in