Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 800 Class Helicopters

800 Class Helicopters 800 Class Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 11:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help with placement of esc on trekker

Hey guys I'm building my 800E DFC Trekker and I bought the super combo, but I wanted to go with CC 160HV Ice 2 instead of the 120. I bought the 160HV used on here. My thoughts were to install it on front where the rx pack would typically go. I removed the rx tray part off of the front to allow me to slide the esc back closer to the motor instead extending the wires.

After reading and looking at pictures I'm wandering now if I made a mistake by doing this? I didn't think about it being on the back having more access to the air for cooling. Please let me know your guys thoughts on its placement in the front and if you think it will be fine.

Also I'm going to be using ar7200bx on it and was going to put that on the rear APS tray with my rx pack under that on the esc tray. Now my next question is the 160 esc that I bought has an ec3 connector right behind one of the ec5 connectors. I don't understand what that is for? I'm thinking in place of a rx pack? The power to the rx would come off of that ec3 connector from the main power supply? And how would it get regulated from 44.4v down to say 7.4? The seller tried explaining to me what it was for and how it works and I was completely lost on his explanation.

Any help guys would be greatly appreciated! I have several electric helis from 500's to 700's but I've bought them all used do they were already setup. This is my first build and I really don't want to screw it up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140206_000138.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	484906  
buggyalstare1971 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2014, 11:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Im guessing the ec3 was probably for a cc pro bec or a bec. That way you could unplug the fbl unit if you were using a computer with the 160.

Slow & Steady!
nmdesertracer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2014, 07:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here how I install CC Ice2 160A

( Please don't bother about the stripping gear )
hakulhak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2014, 09:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Nice!

Very nice! I set mine in the side and seen I would need to trim away that one corner. I was afraid the wires would still end up a little to short. I will definitely put a fan on mine too. You don't have any issues with yours running hot? Do you fly with your canopy on?

Yea I believe that is what the seller was saying something about cc pro bec. Should I go that route or rx pack? Personally I prefer running a rx pack.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I run a rx pack myself on anything over a 500 size heli.

Slow & Steady!
nmdesertracer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2014, 06:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default rx pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmdesertracer View Post
I run a rx pack myself on anything over a 500 size heli.
That's what I was thinking, for me it just eliminates a failing bec. I make sure my rx pack is charged with my flight packs and check voltage in between flights and have never had an issue. So do you think I should leave that ec3 connector there for like you said connecting cc 160 to pc? Or remove it and wouldn't powering the ar7200bx with rx pack power the esc for setup or logging?
Old 02-07-2014, 09:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyalstare1971 View Post
Very nice! I set mine in the side and seen I would need to trim away that one corner. I was afraid the wires would still end up a little to short. I will definitely put a fan on mine too. You don't have any issues with yours running hot? Do you fly with your canopy on?
I don't have any issue with heat even with canopy on, plus in my country it's 33c - 36c plus all year along.
Never fly without canopy, learn from previous mistake. Lost orientation

Glad the picture can give you some idea.
hakulhak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in